Which Control Device Do You Play Evochron With?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).

What controller do you use?

Keyboard and Mouse
No votes
Gamepad
No votes
Joystick (single stick)
No votes
HOTAS Joystick
100%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 1

Quantyx
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Quantyx »

For me it's Saitek X52 + TrackIR 5 pro ... must have combinaison for all flying simulators adepts.
Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

Bit late for this update on my control setup but I now own the CH pro pedals and they feel great and take a great deal of abuse LOL especially with the rudder axis motions LOL, In pvp, my feet put out a lot of aggression on my poor pedals lmao I can only imagine what its gonna be like for mechwarrior online. :D:P

[Edited on 3-21-2012 by Marcellus]

\"Gonna give \'em some Maniac magic!\"
sapperhedge
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by sapperhedge »

I am using a Saitek X52 which I got specifically for this game. They have gone down to $82.00 on Amazon.
Sasha
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Sasha »

Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming mouse and a modified Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard.

I also have a Saitek x45, but all the main stick axes glitch 3/4 of the way to maximum, so I don't really use it any more.
Raptomex
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Raptomex »

Joystick. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Works great. Mouse is a backup.
Slayer
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Slayer »

Keyboard and mouse for Evochron Mercenary, although I'm thinking about getting a joystick.
Autopilot
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

joy

Post by Autopilot »

Was thinking about owning a Saitek Cyborb F.L.Y. 5. but who knows, I'll be purchasing one tomorrow specificly for EM.

Right now I use the Keyboard... And I'm a PS3 gamer so I need a decent pad or even a joystick of sorts, I just can't keep on looking for the damn right key to press, damn 'ctrl' is my fire key and I don't know my secondary fire key... by the time I've found it it's probably too late...

[Edited on 6-15-2012 by Autopilot]
[M]Mercenary Elite Exploration Vessel
[KL1]Sinister Transmitter
[KL1]Devestator
Autopilot
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

joy

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Good plan ... 'though just about any 3-axiis joystick will do. ;)
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Major Grubert »

keyboard and mouse and another laptop keyboard which display only EM Tool and evo (it turns as nav comp' during game session)
Takeshidude
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Takeshidude »

Thrustmaster Hotas X.

[Edited on 6-29-2012 by Takeshidude]
The one and only guitar hero,

Takeshidude
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by sundalo »

CH products combatstick, pro throttle and pro pedals. The best HOTAS in terms of durability and quality CH is known for. With an in depth control software program that allows you unprecedented control from simple keybinds to complex macros as pilot Flash likes to use. This HOTAS will last you for many years and serve you well.:)

[Edited on 6-27-2012 by sundalo]
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

joy

Post by KingArthur »

THRUSTMASTER FLIGHT HOTAS X : THROTTLE AND STICK.

Bought It SPECIFICALLY for EM. An Absoloutly Great Controller Fashioned From The Actual "THUNDERBOLT A-10 A2 WARTHOG" THROTTLE and STICK.

FEELS GOOD in your HANDS.

15 BUTTONS a SLIDER and HAT. All In EASY REACH for USE.

I'll CONTINUE to Use This HOTAS until I Can't Find One Anymore.

ALL for UNDER $50 with a TWO YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY. You CAN'T Get Better than That.

I Decided to Buy a "SAITEK X52 PRO" as It was Used so PROFUSELY in EM. TRIED IT. HATED IT. TOOK IT BACK Within a WEEK.

I'll Stick with My TM HOTAS X ANY DAY. Couldn't Imagine FLYING without It.

[Edited on 11-20-2012 by KingArthur]
\"HONOR AND INTEGRITY ALWAYS\"
Hartz
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Hartz »

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - excellent bang for buck, feels good to control and is easy to configure.
Blessid
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Blessid »

Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X
Works great! I assume the HOTAS version is even better.
LarsenB
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by LarsenB »

Saitek X52 Pro - I've got EM on my whishlist for quite a while; as soon as I got the stick it went on sale on Steam, so it was an insta-buy ;)
EN4CER
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by EN4CER »

I had my Xbox controller plugged in for a ported game that I was playing earlier and noticed that it worked with Evochron. I found that interesting.
Lazarus
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

joy

Post by Lazarus »

Definitely a joystick guy. x 52 pro
Maj. Tom
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Maj. Tom »

I think my last post didn't go through,

I'm brand new here and just getting used to this forum. But I thought I'd put in my $.02

I use a cheap but enjoyable device- the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
Callsign: Mamba
DynamicRanger
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

joy

Post by DynamicRanger »

Like sundalo, and partly due to his recommendation, I use a CH Products HOTAS setup: Combatstick and Pro Throttle. The robust programming software took a while to figure out, but it's perfect now. By emulating mouse input with a thumb-joystiick and the scroll wheel with a hat switch, I can control the entire game without taking my hands off the flight controls. It's awesome!
Julius
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Julius »

From post: 149241, Topic: tid=847, author=DynamicRanger wrote:Like sundalo, and partly due to his recommendation, I use a CH Products HOTAS setup: Combatstick and Pro Throttle. The robust programming software took a while to figure out, but it's perfect now. By emulating mouse input with a thumb-joystiick and the scroll wheel with a hat switch, I can control the entire game without taking my hands off the flight controls. It's awesome!
I have the fighter stick and pedals, a great setup. I use the thumb joystick on the throttle for strife instead of mouse control. I would like to use the brake on the pedals as my reverse, I just have not figured out how.

Every button is in use and it has really opened up my playing. With the keyboard and mouse, due to the limited aces to different controls I was very much a one trick pony in combat, now I can do so much more.
OrgyMeyer
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by OrgyMeyer »

Was using the Saitek X52 (not the pro, the blue one)

Now I'm just using a wired xbox controller. It's not as good, but I hate having to hook up a whole other joystick just for Evochron all the time. Controller also lets me use the mouse much more easily. Still the x52 is great for this game, very accurate and love having so many buttons and controls at my fingers, barely needed the keyboard. Missing the dual stage trigger as well, wasting lots of energy with my cannons this way.
Vainglorious
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Vainglorious »

I'm still using my cheapo Thrustmaster HOTAS T-Flight X joystick and throttle, which for the price (below $40), work extremely well.

I will however soon be upgrading to a CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals. I also plan to design and build my own 'pit chair to go with them over the course of the next few months.
Your carrier destroyed, you drift endlessly through the void.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Nubarus »

The Logitech G940 HOTAS System, imho the best HOTAS System available today.

Easy to install.
Very robust and durable.
Stick, Throttle and Pedals all in one. (1 driver to install and 1 USB connection)
Very precise controls.
Force Feedback.
A lot of features and easy to program levers, rotary, hats, mini sticks and buttons. (Also has a dual throttle option for multi engine airplanes with 1 press of a button)
For WWII flightsims the trim funtions are the best I have seen so far.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Nubarus »

From post: 142156, Topic: tid=847, author=KingArthur wrote:THRUSTMASTER FLIGHT HOTAS X : THROTTLE AND STICK.

Bought It SPECIFICALLY for EM. An Absoloutly Great Controller Fashioned From The Actual "THUNDERBOLT A-10 A2 WARTHOG" THROTTLE and STICK.
The HOTAS X is not designed from the A10 Warthog Arthur, that's the HOTAS Warthog that costs way more then the HOTAS X.

The HOTAS X costs 46,99 Euro while the HOTAS Warthog costs 399,- Euro.

[Edited on 12-9-2012 by Nubarus]
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Munshine »

I wish that Thrustmaster could release a new hotas model at a not so expensive price based on the flight hotas X for the throttle and the T16000M for the hall effect technology.
Débutant francophone perdu dans l\'Evoverse et besoin d\'aide ?
>> Sujet sur RpgFrance > Sujet sur CanardPC <<