Which Control Device Do You Play Evochron With?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).

What controller do you use?

Keyboard and Mouse
No votes
Gamepad
No votes
Joystick (single stick)
No votes
HOTAS Joystick
100%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 1

Star King
Commander
Commander

joy

Post by Star King »

Is that a joystick or game pad?
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by sundalo »

Joystick, its an improved version of the original attack 3 model, difference is the button placement and rudder twist function on the stick itself. Overall, solid joystick, I have the Attack 3 myself but x3d is the better choice. :P:)
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"
BLEVE
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by BLEVE »

I still use the Attack 3. Simple to use and only 11 buttons to remember. Sometimes that's too many. LOL.
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by sundalo »

Anyone have any thoughts and experiences on the thrustmaster Warthog hotas and the site x65? Good paper weight or quality controller?
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"
Raynor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Raynor »

Edit: I made the mistake of thinking this thread was on the Evochron board. Well, obviously i was talking of Evochron Mercenary below.

I play with a Xbox360 gamepad which works fine EXCEPT...that i can't use the directional pad buttons, the game doesn't recognise them. :-\\

I suppose I could be using a program like Pinnacle Game Profiler but it would be great if you made those buttons recognizable in future versions of the game. I could set some really useful functions on there extra four buttons....

Actually, for the people using a gamepad, how do you set your axis controls? I have pitch and turning on the left stick. On the right stick i have roll and horizontal strafe. The speed is set on the analog shoulder buttons. I wish i had one axis left for horizontal strafe...

Oh and I have a question which i suppose i could ask elsewhere. It's about looking left and right in the cockpit. It can't be set on an axis only on buttons and yet...i've seen videos in which people can look left and right with what is obviously an analog control. Was that done with a program like Pinnacle? Like when i press the keys i can only look full right or full left.

[Edited on 1-19-2012 by Raynor]
Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

Thrustmaster Hotas X
[Edited on 1-26-2012 by Marcellus]

[Edited on 1-29-2012 by Marcellus]

\"Gonna give \'em some Maniac magic!\"
capricorne693
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

joy

Post by capricorne693 »

From post: 124616, Topic: tid=847, author=Marcellus wrote:Logitech gaming mouse and kb. Also use my x52 on occasion lol.:P
Hello
My XBOX 360
mousse

[Edited on 1-23-2012 by capricorne693]
Bænlynn
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Bænlynn »

Mouse/KB for the moment. I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, but I find that even on low sensitivity the controls are too twitch for easy movement and I just end up with hand cramps. The mouse is quite alright tho.
Owner/Operator of Bænlynn\'s Place
\"The truest measure of character is the way in which we treat our enemies. This is the first rule. It is the greatest rule. It is the rule that shows us--when we hold in our hands the fate of someone we truly despise--who and what we are at our most unguarded.\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

joy

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Baenlynn, welcome to the game and forum!...Hope to see you out there some time!...;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

Anyone have any experience using a CH Pro throttle?

Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

Does anyone know if you can set the x52 throttle independently from the stick and use a another joystick similar to how a CH pro throttle is treated as a separate device?

[Edited on 2-1-2012 by Marcellus]

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

joy

Post by Maarschalk »

I do not think you can use the X52 throttle with another Joystick since the X52 Throtle and the Joystick are conected with a 5 pin din Cable and the X52 stick gets it's electrical current to function from this 5 pin din cable
I guess you could unplug the 5 pin din cable from the stick but then the game might not recognize the throttle by its self!...;):cool:

[Edited on 2-1-2012 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

WOLead
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by WOLead »

When I picked up this game from its Steam sale, I'll admit I had a hard time trying to find a good method for me to pilot the ship. Mouse + Keyboard, Gamepad, etc.

I still find it hilarious that it took me dusting off an old MS Sidewinder Precision Pro to finally hit a great comfort zone for piloting in Inertial mode. The fact it still worked GREAT still has me shaking my head, as its still has the old Midi port and uses a USB adapter to connect to my PC.

Anyways, I'm curious what everyone else is using for their controls to fly & fight. Mostly, to see what I should look into for if/when this joystick ever does die. I'll start off with what I've got so far.

MS Sidewinder Precision Pro - Joystick used for all thruster controls, targeting, and primary weapon fire.

Keyboard - Secondary weapon fire, Afterburner, Shield balancing, IDS/Inertial mode switching, mining/tractor beam, and various non-combat tools.

Touchscreen monitor - Navigation and HuD controls along the top of the cockpit. Still in progress of fine tuning though.

:::::
I've heard about using voice commands for the game, I haven't reached the point of needing to set that up yet.

Its kinda sad though, that its the Keyboard being the only piece that breaks immersion slightly. Its not too bad, when playing in the dark as the keyboard isn't visible then, but it still feels off.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

joy

Post by Maarschalk »

There is already a voting thread where most of us reported what we are using...!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

BvP
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by BvP »

TrackIR, Saitek X52 and a box i made from an old gamepad that has 12 buttons on it (so I don't have to look for the kb keys in the dark :))
deMangler
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by deMangler »

I voted 'Mouse' but it is really a Logitech Trackman Wheel,
I bought it when I was bed-ridden with a broken leg, because it was recommended for use in bed, where mousemat type arrangements are awkward.
It turns out to have been the best game controller I have ever used. Great general mouse substitute as well.
Also, one of my shoulders was getting hunched from using a mouse so much before (I also worked in IT as well as my main entertainment being gaming) - that got fixed by changing to the trackball, for some reason, less elbow and shoulder work probably.
Brilliant bit of kit.
I suspect I would now excel in any right-thumb related dexterity tests as well. Which could be handy.....
*End of evangelical controller rant.*

[Edited on 14-2-2012 by deMangler]
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Letoras »

I had a ps3 controller at home so i tried it, played around a little bit to configure the buttons and now i find it amazing!!!!

P.S. of course you with super joysticks will make fun of that but from keyboard-mouse is way better!!!!!!
Surf Solar.
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Munshine »

I voted joystick. I wasn't very fond of joysticks in the past as they were so unprecise and never wanted to invest in more expensive ones as I wasn't so so flight sims . Thrustmaster T16000M is the most precise controller, comparing to others in the same price range, I've ever used. That's amazing. Saitek Cyber Evo is taking dust.
Débutant francophone perdu dans l\'Evoverse et besoin d\'aide ?
>> Sujet sur RpgFrance > Sujet sur CanardPC <<
Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

Well my throttle on my Tmaster Hotas X finally gave out, just upgraded to a CH products Combatstick and pro throttle, will probably get the pedals at a later date. I‘m surprised not many people use CH, it has the best in terms of quality and durability than the competition. I also use Voice Attack for voice commands.

[Edited on 2-15-2012 by Marcellus]

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

joy

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 130648, Topic: tid=847, author=Marcellus wrote:Well my throttle on my Tmaster Hotas X finally gave out, just upgraded to a CH products Combatstick and pro throttle, will probably get the pedals at a later date. I‘m surprised not many people use CH, it has the best in terms of quality and durability than the competition.
Probably because it is the most expensive one!...;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

From post: 130652, Topic: tid=847, author=Maarschalk wrote:
From post: 130648, Topic: tid=847, author=Marcellus wrote:Well my throttle on my Tmaster Hotas X finally gave out, just upgraded to a CH products Combatstick and pro throttle, will probably get the pedals at a later date. I‘m surprised not many people use CH, it has the best in terms of quality and durability than the competition.
Probably because it is the most expensive one!...;):P:cool:
Maars, if you own a Tmaster warthog hotas, a Saitek X65 hotas or a logitech G940, then prove me my setup is the most expensive lmao.:D:P

[Edited on 2-14-2012 by Marcellus]

Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

For all the Saitek users, anyone own or use the Saitek combat rudder pedals?

Zipybug
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by Zipybug »

I'm using a Saitek X52 (regular), which I originally got for the orbiter sim.
I would love to upgrade to the X65F, but it's a lot out of my price range right now.
Marcellus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

joy

Post by Marcellus »

lol, I wanna know does anybody use those epic Steel Battalion controllers to play this game? :):D:P

ACBlack
Ensign
Ensign

joy

Post by ACBlack »

Use the X52Pro Saitek with the trackir 5pro with clip.
Honor is the only thing to hold True!
http://forums.starcitizenbase.com/