Key Binding Question

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Vanion2
Ensign
Ensign

Key Binding Question

Post by Vanion2 »

This is my 2nd StarWraith game (1st was Evochron Renegades) and I am awaiting my key to unlock the demo. So far loving it. It's awesome to find a game that just looks awesome, has so many feature aspects, and just engrosses you entirely. I haven't played Renegades in some time but I plan on loading it up here soon as I impatiently await my key-code (I know...I'll live ;)).

My question is simple. I have an Saitek X52 joystick not running the profile software and I find the Alt+R key to find the nearest enemy quite an obstacle when in the middle of a dog fight. Mapping the R key is easy but has anyone figure out how to setup the Alt+R key combo without the Saitek profile software?

I did find that "targeting enemy's secondary system" works pretty well to over come this for now though. I was just curious. Having a target nearest enemy button is always something I like to have setup on my joystick. :)

PS. I did a search and couldn't come up with anything so I apologize if this has all ready been answered.
PirxThePilot
Ensign
Ensign

Key Binding Question

Post by PirxThePilot »

The "o" key also targets the nearest hostile. Mapping keys with Alt modifiers on joysticks doesn't always work with Starwraith games. We should probably ask Vice about it.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Key Binding Question

Post by Vice »

Pirx is correct, that's why there is generally a secondary key/button function for various controls. The Alt-Key/Button options are mostly there for players who want to use the keyboard and would rather just use one key two different ways rather than two separate keys. For those that use controllers or would simply prefer dedicated key/button options, the dedicated control options are available. Pages 2 and 3 of the configure controls menu generally has those alternate input options.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Angitherias
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Key Binding Question

Post by Angitherias »

Hadn't thought of that about secondary controls, as I had the same question in mind. In my opinion the SST software is buggy in my system, for people who have the x52 or similar joysticks but don't use the SST software, which buttons do you use for initial thrusters on/off?