Arvoch Alliance

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Marvin »

From post: 120059, Topic: tid=8139, author=Maarschalk wrote:...maybe if I use the technique I use for landing on Earth I might be able to sneak into another sector....
:cool: If it works, that would make at least two ways. Btw, I asked Vice about this and he said it was Alliance Command's method of keeping pilots from wandering too far from the fleet.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 120065, Topic: tid=8139, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 120059, Topic: tid=8139, author=Maarschalk wrote:...maybe if I use the technique I use for landing on Earth I might be able to sneak into another sector....
:cool: If it works, that would make at least two ways. Btw, I asked Vice about this and he said it was Alliance Command's method of keeping pilots from wandering too far from the fleet.
So if you go awol!.....you get executed as a traitor?.....;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by countjimula »

Purchased the game, and I am really liking it. Funny the first I heard about it was reading that it was going to be out on the 19th and I thought "wait that is today". The release seemed kind of quiet, I hope word is getting out.

For me the first mission seemed kind of hard , but once I changed tactics to match my ship I was OK.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

Yep, I'm at mission eight at the moment!.....;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Galaxian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Galaxian »

From post: 120042, Topic: tid=8139, author=Maarschalk wrote:The Keyboard mappings are a little bit different then in Mercenary so if you are using a controller you might need to reasign or create a new profile for your controller!.....;):P:cool:
I did note that and am working up a new Couogar profile for AA. However, the issue I experienced is related to using the mouse...
- Galaxy Defense Industries -

Find out more --> Galaxy Defense Industries

*If the enemy is in weapons range, so are you.*
mikeuk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by mikeuk »

Yep Pastro you are right :)

Thanks Maarschalk for the advice;)
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 120071, Topic: tid=8139, author=Galaxian wrote:
From post: 120042, Topic: tid=8139, author=Maarschalk wrote:The Keyboard mappings are a little bit different then in Mercenary so if you are using a controller you might need to reasign or create a new profile for your controller!.....;):P:cool:
I did note that and am working up a new Couogar profile for AA. However, the issue I experienced is related to using the mouse...
Actually I compared both Keyboard.jpg EM and AA file, they are the same. So there is no difference. The reason why it looked like it was different is because I changed some Axis Control in AA in game for my X52. And so my X52 reacted differently in AA than EM. So all you have to do to use your EM profile in AA is set your in game Axis controls the same as for EM instead of making a whole new profile!.....LOL...;):P:cool:

[Edited on 11-21-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Zenith »

Okay, haven't had a lot of time to play, but managed to get some stick time tonight. Wow, this game is a lot harder than Evochron, with the second mission seeing myself and my 3 wing-mates pitted against two or three times our number! I just don't see how I'm expected to beat odds like that, at least not so soon. Any tips?
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Dingo »

From post: 120155, Topic: tid=8139, author=Zenith wrote:Okay, haven't had a lot of time to play, but managed to get some stick time tonight. Wow, this game is a lot harder than Evochron, with the second mission seeing myself and my 3 wing-mates pitted against two or three times our number! I just don't see how I'm expected to beat odds like that, at least not so soon. Any tips?
1. You can reload missiles at any time
2. Order your wingmen to attack only when they are about 3000-3500 away from the reds, this is because they slow down to 1x ids speed. That way you can hit the reds all at the same time. Do not use "defend me" orders, just attack and reload.
3. Use a curve or wedge formation for wingmen. Bunch gets them killed faster.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Zenith »

From post: 120157, Topic: tid=8139, author=Dingo wrote:1. You can reload missiles at any time
2. Order your wingmen to attack only when they are about 3000-3500 away from the reds, this is because they slow down to 1x ids speed. That way you can hit the reds all at the same time. Do not use "defend me" orders, just attack and reload.
I found that going back to the capital ship reloads the missiles, but that's a bit difficult when you're being chased by a ton of reds! Furthermore, wing-mates seem to get swarmed awfully quickly, and while I'm fending off 2-3 enemies, there's not a lot I can do to help them. Just seems a tad overkill for only the second mission.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Set a distant waypoint for your wingmen to regroup if the fight gets too close to the carrier. Normally, though, the faster you react, the futher away the enemy will be when you engage ... giving your wingmen the advantage of repairing and reloading in safety.

P.S. Send your wingmen ... don't lead them. The longer you stay clear of the carrier, the longer it takes the enemy to close on the fleet.

[Edited on 11-22-2011 by Marvin]
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Dingo »

From post: 120161, Topic: tid=8139, author=Zenith wrote:
From post: 120157, Topic: tid=8139, author=Dingo wrote:1. You can reload missiles at any time
I found that going back to the capital ship reloads the missiles, but that's a bit difficult when you're being chased by a ton of reds! Furthermore, wing-mates seem to get swarmed awfully quickly, and while I'm fending off 2-3 enemies, there's not a lot I can do to help them. Just seems a tad overkill for only the second mission.
It can seem like it at first for sure. Another option is to order the wingmen to attack from far out, then go and distract the reds at high speeds. If you get in trouble you can always go much faster than the reds can. It may be a matter of simply trying to whittle them down one at a time.

I am trying my best to help, but usually i just send my wingmen to their deaths and handle the rest on my own, so its a bit hard to strategize subtler methods :D
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Marvin »

From post: 120166, Topic: tid=8139, author=Dingo wrote:... usually i just send my wingmen to their deaths and handle the rest on my own ....
:cool: Which is the main reason why, as wingman, I've usually ignored your orders.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Dingo »

From post: 120169, Topic: tid=8139, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 120166, Topic: tid=8139, author=Dingo wrote:... usually i just send my wingmen to their deaths and handle the rest on my own ....
:cool: Which is the main reason why, as wingman, I've usually ignored your orders.

:D
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

ROFL.....^^^........:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Zenith »

Thanks for the tips, I guess I'll just have to experiment a bit until I find something that works. Still seems a little intense for the first few missions, especially given the ships being used.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 120161, Topic: tid=8139, author=Zenith wrote:
With this mission you have to be fast and furious, no time to relax to take your time!......After the above tips I was able to complete the mission with almost all my squadrons in tact!

****************SPOILER ALERT**************
You have to order your squadron all the time to reload and repair fast and do so yourself aswell and order them after each reload/repair to attack the hostiles again! And use missiles as much as possible to destroy the hostiles. Destroying the hostiles that are attacking the Carrier is a priority!;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Zenith »

Heh, guess I'm just used to Mercenary's pace. Arvoch seems a lot different, especially with regards to the odds you face!

Edit: Finally managed to get past it, had to kite 1 or 2 at a time, and try and prevent a massive pack from catching us. Took a while, but finally got it done without any losses. Still a pain in the backside though, and certainly wasn't expecting it to be that hard, just hoping the difficulty doesn't get any worse the further I go.

[Edited on 23-11-2011 by Zenith]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Marvin »

From post: 120215, Topic: tid=8139, author=Zenith wrote:...just hoping the difficulty doesn't get any worse the further I go.
:P ... :P ... :D ... :D ... :D ... :) ... :) ... :o ow, my backside is hurting.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 120217, Topic: tid=8139, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 120215, Topic: tid=8139, author=Zenith wrote:...just hoping the difficulty doesn't get any worse the further I go.
:P ... :P ... :D ... :D ... :D ... :) ... :) ... :o ow, my backside is hurting.
Yes it does get worse, unless you know the solution then all is so easy! If you do not know the solution to a problem it will be hard depending on how easy it is to find the solution. The problem is the solution that is hard to find while the problem it self is easy to deal with once you have a solution...all relative!

Long live the Relatives or as Mr Spock would say to his Relatives: "Live long and prosper".........;):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

LOL @Marv, what is the back for some is the front for others, what is the top for some is the bottom for others, it is all relative again.
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Sounds like you're in a reverse spin Marrs. :)
Image And mad cat
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Arvoch Alliance

Post by sundalo »

Lmao maars, everything you say ends up scratching people's heads in regards to a solution rofl. :D
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 120258, Topic: tid=8139, author=sundalo wrote:Lmao maars, everything you say ends up scratching people's heads in regards to a solution rofl. :D
That is also relative, some scratch their heads and some scratch their bottoms....and both can be equally dirty!....;):P:cool:

[Edited on 11-25-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, I finnaly finished all 30 missions of Arvoch Aliance.....and I hate the last one the most!.......;):P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Dingo
Commander
Commander

Arvoch Alliance

Post by Dingo »

From post: 120270, Topic: tid=8139, author=Maarschalk wrote:Yes, I finnaly finished all 30 missions of Arvoch Aliance.....and I hate the last one the most!.......;):P:P:P:P:P:P
Congrats.

I hated 12 the most. But 12 was also the best mission IMO