Remapping Hat functions

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Viking_1
Ensign
Ensign

Remapping Hat functions

Post by Viking_1 »

Hi folks, I've just recently purchased Ev. Merc. and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Just wondered if there was any way of remapping my joystick's hat buttons to specific controls like 'target nearest enemy'.

I've had a dig around on the forums but couldn't find anything about this. Any help would be appreciated!

See you in space!

Viking_1
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Remapping Hat functions

Post by DaveK »

On the start up page near the bottom just above Exit is Options

Click on Options and at in the Control section there is an option to use your joystick HAT as "Strafe" or "Pan" or "Off" or "On2!

At the bottom of the screen is Configure Controls - click on it, then in the next screen click on that bottom option of Configure Keyboard and Button Controls

You now have access to 3 pages with all the commands and you can map any command to any action

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Remapping Hat functions

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Viking_1, welcome to the game and forum.

What kind of Joystick is it? does it have its own software to create Joystick profiles?
I have a X52 and use a profile to asign any buttons I want to any of my 3 Hats and even the mini mouse stick on the Throtle I converted to a 4th Hat. So I have 4 Hats at the moment. One I use for straffe and the other 3 are all assigned to button functions since I use Track IR I don't really need the Hat for looking around just one of the dirrections of one of the 4 Hats I use for rear view.......;):P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Remapping Hat functions

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Viking_1, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!