Container bug? or is it meant to be like this?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
BryanH
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BryanH »

Having got IMG to tell me about containers in a certain location with Exodus missiles I went after it to restock. Found it ok at the location provided but it only let me take one even though I had 8 empty slots. Is this normal? If this is the case then it isn't worth the fuel or the time to go get any.

Also, couldn't find the shipwreck that is supposedly in orbit. How do these show up on the radar? Purple NoID? or some other colour. Thanks in advance.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

For my comments see Nigel Stranges post about containers. The misery mongers have won again :(

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7949
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

I liked that containers were endless. I never really looked for, nor found any, but as a reward to those who go through the trouble. Was it a free source of credits? Sure was, but there are much faster ways to make much more, so why not let it stick? That said, this is one of those issues that Vice loses either way he programs it, since the change was made in direct response to previous posts.

[Edited on 9-1-2011 by Dingo]
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 114064, Topic: tid=7950, author=BryanH wrote:Also, couldn't find the shipwreck that is supposedly in orbit. How do these show up on the radar? Purple NoID? or some other colour.
:cool: I think all the wrecks have a container of some sort stored inside. The containers show up as purple or pink dots on radar ... and can lead you to the wreck.
BryanH
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BryanH »

I read the thread you referred me to and - Oh for goodness sake! Why would people grumble about something as petty as this? Really - I'll just buy them so what's the big deal? I thought it was just another fun thing to do that's all. And besides, of course they would be never ending - the whole point of keeping a stock in a location known only to the worthy few (of which we are all members of course) is to, well, "keep a stock". The container would always be restocked - just like any military supply station. While I applaud Vice for responding to players comments I do think this one is just too petty to be concerned about, and furthermore makes no sense. Like a bunch of others, it seems, I just won't bother with containers.

Thanks for the responses - didn't notice that it had already been discussed - my bad!
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Keep looking at the threads and you'll find some people want to wear hair shirts under their space suits, lose everything when they die, make combat much much harder, make weapons punnier etc etc

You will also find other people who point out that it is after all a game and that anyone can make life as hard as they like by using lower class equipment, not taking advantage of unlimited container content (reinstated by Vice after recent comments), not using missiles in combat, not saving unless they are in a station and donating 50% of their inheritance to the poor every time they get killed.

To be fair, for some people the challenge is the fun - for others the exploration and adventures you can have when death isn't final and financial grind doesn't mirror your real life is the fun aspect - hence the clans: Humble BumbleBee's, Universe Explorers, Independent Merchants and some freelance pilots who will fly over and help anyone, anywhere who has a problem! :)

My motto is basically don't force your desire for a hard (read miserable) time on the rest of us :P

[Edited on 2-9-2011 by DaveK]
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage