what is a civ ship's "capacity" measuring?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

in the early stages of the game I bought the best ship frames I could afford and equipped them until the assembly points were reached. I know what equipment slots are. I know what hardpoints are.

Now I am planning my first frame for a very specific task - Marvin's rally and I am poring over the data. So . . .

What is the capacity column measuring? :cool:

I can't help feeling that I'm missing the very obvious!
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

It measures the size, class and capacity of: Fuel tank, Shields, Wings, Cargo Bays and Engine each frame can handle/cary...;):cool:

All Civillian ships come with the basic Fuel Tank, Class 1 Shields, class 1 Wings, class 1 Engine, and one cargo bay. The assembly/capacity points available are the points you have left to upgrade your fuel tank and cargo bay to a greater capacity, your shields, wings and engine to a higher class, ......;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Ok, but what's the difference between "assembly points" that measure what mix of classes of fundamental installed equipment I can add and "capacity" which is a measure of the mix of classes of fundamental installed equipment I can add? You used the two together: "The assembly/capacity points available are . . . "

The equipment slots are obviously for the boosters and "extras" that no self-regarding pilot can possibly be without and hardpoints for the weapons that no self-regarding pilot can possibly be without (according to the showroom brochures :D )

Am I wrong in seeing it like this . . .

assembly points are used when I fit a better than class 1 shield array but don't impact on the equipment slots available
equipment slots are used when I fit a shield booster or a shield array recharger but don't impact on the assembly points used

Sorry to be dumb :cool:
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

"Hi Dave...When I plan on doing races I usually just concentrate on wings and engines for a civilian ship and test fly them and then again there are the military ships that are pretty fast: the Evoch-e and Evoch-c...I know this does not answer your question, but I use the Kiss method: Keep It Simple Star-pilot" ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 114084, Topic: tid=7946, author=BraveHart wrote:"Hi Dave...When I plan on doing races I usually just concentrate on wings and engines for a civilian ship and test fly them and then again there are the military ships that are pretty fast: the Evoch-e and Evoch-c...I know this does not answer your question, but I use the Kiss method: Keep It Simple Star-pilot" ;)
Thanks for the advice - I'm looking at a lower end frame for speed but with sufficient equipment slots for the . . . Mantis Drive, top shields and all the shield boosts that I can find, a beefy engine (sorry veggies :P ) and top class wings plus the biggest fuel tank that fits in the asembly points that are left. And [HB] have agreed to let me bankroll it from my clan account :D - bless them!

The thing with "capacity" is that I don't like not knowing and I couldn't see any pattern for what it is: but looking with a fresh eye, it's obvious:

Capacity = (hard points+CM packs+equipment slots+crew)

I'd missed the CM packs first time round! duh! :P:P:P:P

[Edited on 1-9-2011 by DaveK]
ImageImage
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Maybe this will help. Capacity points are what allows you, as ships' constructor, to choose what engines, shields, fuel pods, cargo bays, and wing system to add to the frame of your choice. Morphing any of these available goodies around determines the ships hull and installed systems. The build facility in the game software will tell you when/if you have exceeded the capacity limit, by the red negative numbers. It will not let you build until you meet the limit, or have an overage/surplus of capacity points to allow the build to continue. Certainly, considering all of the available combinations from this slant, does not disregard the frame morphing that you can do, when you build the ship of your dreams. :P Flying without crew slots active (or 0 in the options) allows another choice of more secondary weapon slots, or more equipment hard points, or CM's. Coin toss! Adding/reducing counter-measure pods, same with crew slots and hard points, is very much your decision. Mil frames are great. And they may only "accept" additional fuel pods. Civvy's are the absolute best for transforming! It's all about what works for you, and whatchu wanna do wit whatchu got! ;)

[Edited on 9-2-2011 by FADM Busch]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch