@minus_273c

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@minus_273c

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Thanks, Leather. I'm probably using more of your mods to other mods than anybody else's (except my own). ;)
Twilly Frost
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by Twilly Frost »

Sorry to come off like a drooling noob, but I'd really like to use this cockpit mod. I see it has a HUD folder, where do I extract it too? And the reflecting gauge update, I assume that goes in the HUD folder?

Awesome work, btw. If you'll pardon the pun, it's quite stellar...
Spaceships! Pew pew pew!

49rTbird
Captain
Captain

@minus_273c

Post by 49rTbird »

Twilly Frost, Put the "HUD" folder in with the regular game files and whatever is in the "HUD" file will over ride the normal game settings.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Twilly Frost
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by Twilly Frost »

From post: 121263, Topic: tid=7852, author=thetiebers wrote:Twilly Frost, Put the "HUD" folder in with the regular game files and whatever is in the "HUD" file will over ride the normal game settings.:)
Excellent, thank you. Can't wait to try it out.
Spaceships! Pew pew pew!

Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Dagonet »

From post: 112266, Topic: tid=7852, author=XB7 wrote:Image

Maximilien Blue - Updated with Maximilien's quadrant map.

I couldn't resist. Max has raised the bar on cool huds.

[Edited on 8-11-2011 by XB7]
I like the blue tint. However, the quadrant map is deformed. Your file dimensions are smaller than the original, and the compression is too high that there is loss in the quality.

edit: this is due to Max's quadrant map actually. Sorry!

[Edited on 1-25-2012 by Dagonet]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@minus_273c

Post by Marvin »

:cool: It can be modded.
Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Dagonet »

From post: 126209, Topic: tid=7852, author=Marvin wrote::cool: It can be modded.
I am going to try Leather's additions, "edited incorrect stuff". And use white hud for a while possibly.

[Edited on 1-25-2012 by Dagonet]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@minus_273c

Post by Marvin »

:cool: That's what I did. ;)
Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Dagonet »

ECC01, send them all to Max, more info on the cockpit is what I seek :) And yeah, level indicator goes a bit weird in barrel rolls... Maybe it was like that always, and never noticed it.
Maddo
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maddo »

I think the cursor is too big or not placed properly. (My resolution: 1920x1080)
I have to almost use the middle of the cursor to select things, rather than the point.

Apart from that this looks amazing. Well done :)
MiaZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by MiaZ »

I absolutely LOVE this cockpit! Its so cool
I do use a modified version of the HUD mod that comes with this though. (might share later)
There is one question I have for the mod makers out there that know about this stuff.

How to change the reflection intensity when firing the cannons?
The whole cockpit flashes a lot when I use the flarebeam.
I do like a little flashing but I would like to tune it down just a little.
Any idea's how to change it?
Viper
Captain
Captain

@minus_273c

Post by Viper »

Is it the reflection on the inside of the cockpit glass, the inside of the cockpit struts, or both? I could change a couple of files for you if you want.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Viper
Captain
Captain

@minus_273c

Post by Viper »

Correction: I think the light reflection is regulated in the ccpitreflect.x file. This is a DirectX file, with which I have no experience. It probably contains a mesh which has to be edited using a 3d Modeling program.
There is also the option of changing the ccpitshader.txt file which you could edit, were it not that the cockpit/HUD mod you are using doesn't have one.

I was hoping that there was an option of simply adding a text- or configuration file in which you could set some values for the reflection. No idea if this is possible.
Viper
Captain
Captain

@minus_273c

Post by Viper »

@Maximillien:
From post: 113346, Topic: tid=7852, author=ECC01 wrote:Maximilien, U2U sent with dowload link.
Use what u want from it, be good to see some of it used in a full official version from you :D
Since ECC01 hasn't been on the forum for many months and he sent his HUD to you, would you mind making it available for public use?
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

Viper
Captain
Captain

@minus_273c

Post by Viper »

Thank you very much, Max! I love ECC_01's pitch ladder and I'm adding it to your HUD. :)
Nova_Solo
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Nova_Solo »

Great work on the HUD! Absolutely beautiful!:P

Lt. Junior Grade
Star Wolves Clan
Call sign: [SW]Nova
shadowgate
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by shadowgate »

So maybe I am just missed a step somewhere, but I extracted the HUD folder to my main directory (Using the Steam version) but when I load in the Pitch bars are just solid lines of color, no numbers or anything. What did I do wrong?
Nova_Solo
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Nova_Solo »

Hmmmm, I was a first time go when I installed...

Maybe you had some download interference that corrupted the file. Try downlloading again and checking both zips for anything extra/missing. Then check your install folder for the same, if all looks well then replace files.

It could also be a Hardware issue, make sure your drivers are up to date.

Good Hunting.

Lt. Junior Grade
Star Wolves Clan
Call sign: [SW]Nova
shadowgate
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by shadowgate »

Downloaded multiple variations from this thread. Maximillion's, the OP's, both have the same set of files in them, both have a img file named "hudtape" and a shadow version of the same file, with the numbers and it looks like the pitch bars. Using current drivers, only happens with the modded pitch bar, stock works perfectly fine. Heck, stock set all the settings for graphics to max by default on my system

System Specs
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.96GHz Dual Core CPU
Radeon X1650 Pro, with 512MB onboard RAM
3 GB of system DDR2 RAM
Viper
Captain
Captain

@minus_273c

Post by Viper »

Could you please doublecheck whether the hudtape and hudtapeshadow images are .png's? They need to be png's to work. If they're jpg's you won't see them and the game will display the default ones.
Also, I don't know how many other mods you have installed, but it could be possible that there is just a tiny bit too less memory for the game to load all the mod files, and it just doesn't load the hudtape and hudtapeshadow ones. To check this, deactivate one of the other mods (if any) and try again.

Edit:
Also, which mod is it exactly that doesn't work properly? For reference, you could try my HUD as well and see if that one does work.

[Edited on 2-18-2012 by Viper]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@minus_273c

Post by Marvin »

From post: 131018, Topic: tid=7852, author=Viper wrote:To check this, deactivate one of the other mods (if any) and try again.
:cool: You might try doing this: create a temporary folder on your desktop and drag a few of the HUD icons into it, leaving the pitch ladder in place. Then test. (Those you drag out of the game folder will be replaced by default images.) As Viper said, it might be a total-memory problem ... forcing you to limit the number of mods (or parts of a mod) you use.
shadowgate
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by shadowgate »

Ok, when I use the recemended mod loader it creates a folder named "HUD" in the game folder, it causes the error then. If instead I just put the HUD (at this moment the Maximilien Blue one) it works perfectly fine. Default loader I was using is JSGME, is there a known issue with this program?

Edit* Sorry just looked abit closer and its the default UI showing atm, still doing testing with the suggestions, will edit when I finish that.

Edit** Ok, after further testing, and using your mod there Viper, it happens even when that is the only thing being modded. it becomes a solid bar of color that will 'spin' as I change the pitch of the ship, and on yours Viper the center red bar does it too, they are .png files, and I am not sure what is causing it.
[Edited on 2-18-2012 by shadowgate]

[Edited on 2-18-2012 by shadowgate]
Viper
Captain
Captain

@minus_273c

Post by Viper »

From post: 131052, Topic: tid=7852, author=shadowgate wrote:it becomes a solid bar of color that will 'spin' as I change the pitch of the ship
Solid as in not displaying the alpha channel?... This is starting to sound weird.

Could you please post a couple of screenshots that clearly show what the problem is please? This has me sort of intrigued, modding the HUD should not cause these issues.
By the way, the JSGME is known to have a bug here and there I think. Try putting the modded files in place manually, see if that changes anything.
I'll check on your issue first time tomorrow. Time for bed now. :)
shadowgate
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by shadowgate »

After i noticed the bugs I started doing the manual installs. and here is the screen shot, looks kinda like some little grimlin sat an used a paint brush and painted lines on rollers before running that dial through the rollers.

[file]547[/file]
sorry, no idea how to put a screen shot right into the message.

[Edited on 2-19-2012 by shadowgate]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.