@minus_273c

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

@minus_273c

Post by KingArthur »

MAX. I've been Using Your Previous Cockpit with My Own Consoles. I've Just downloaded Your New One, FANTASTIC by the Way, and I'm going to Fly it Tonight as is.

What I Want to know is WHERE Does this Console Appear in the CockPit? Can it be seen in Standard 1st Person Flight Mode. I Don't see it in the Standard CockPit View (1ST ScreenPic in "UPDATE")

Thanks For ALL YOUR WORK MAX and Keep It Coming.

MAX, just Wondering if you could make a Longer Skinnier Version to House the Compass and Top Bar?

[Edited on 3-28-2012 by KingArthur]
\"HONOR AND INTEGRITY ALWAYS\"
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by Munshine »

I just tried it King Arthur. So I can tell you that this console is appearing above the front cokpit when mouse's free camera mode is enabled (F10). It's not obstrusive at all if you wanted to know when you switch to the above view in normal mode.

Indeed Maximilien I can say that your work is high quality and congratulations for introducing your cokpit's parts as a feature in the next expansion (bravo c'est la consécration mon gars ! ;) ).

Unfortunately my 6 years-old computer is somehow too old now. I lost 18 fps :D .

[Edited on 3-18-2012 by Munshine]
Débutant francophone perdu dans l\'Evoverse et besoin d\'aide ?
>> Sujet sur RpgFrance > Sujet sur CanardPC <<
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

@minus_273c

Post by KingArthur »

Thanks Mushine. That's Too Bad. I'd LOVE It to be Modded to Accomodate the COMPASS and UPPER CONTROLS and Compass . It's a KILLER CONSOLE.

Any Chance You'd Consider Using this Console for the Upper Console?

MAX, this is WAY OVER THE TOP. Wish I Had 10% of Your Skill.
I'm Using Your Origional Cockpit, first With My Dash and HUD, then I Found VIPERs and Used HIS Dash with My Own Mods to It.

Cockpit and Hud LOOK GREAT.

Thanks Guys. I know I Speak for MANY Pilots when I Say Your Work IMPROVES the EM Experience SO MUCH.

Another Shout out to VIPER. Thanks for Designing a Pitch Bar I CAN USE. Super Minimal and Fully Funtional

[Edited on 3-19-2012 by KingArthur]
Raynor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by Raynor »

Maximilien: I tried it maybe an hour after you posted the link, i was already using your older one (with some variations) but wow. this one marks a new level in cockpit modding. The added level of immersion is amazing. Great work. And with at least 2 or 3 modders working on their own cockpits right now, the upcoming weeks will be great for EM players! But can yours be bested!? the challenge is on. :P
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

@minus_273c

Post by KingArthur »

This is My Current HUC/COCKPIT/DASHBOARD. I Used MAX's Origional Cockpit then Replace My Own Dash Board with VIPERs New ONE. I Created Raised, Beveled "Platforms" for All Cockpit Screens and affichage, as Well as a Upper Hud Bar with Compass.The HUD is Straight Forward Simple. I Used VIPERS "Shield Effects" and They Fit Perfectly My MDTS Circle. Looks Great When My Shield Go ORANGE. Took some on the Elements in MAXs "Upper Side View" Console a Pasted them into My UPPER First Person View.

It's a GREAT Set-Up for PvP thanks to VIPERS Minimal Pitch Bar and MAX's Cockpit.

I've Been fooling around with Colors and Textures but I CAN'T Seem to Get the "Blue" of VIPERS Consoles just Right. the Consoles I Make are Either to Light or Too Dark. I'm working on a Copper and a Gold Version mixed with Grey. I'f I Like ione and Use it I'll Post It.

I've Also "Tweaked" the affichage and REplaced the Star Trek Images with Edits from VIPERS and MAXS "sans-titre-1".

[Edited on 3-23-2012 by KingArthur]
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by Letoras »

You are a beast monsie!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Surf Solar.
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

Hello everyone,
I worked on the weight of the cockpit. This new version offers a significant gain in performance with a minimal loss of quality (the fps on my computer is doubled).

tell me what performance you get, and if that is enough.

Link

[Edited on 28-4-2012 by Maximilien]
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by Munshine »

That's much smooth in term of fps indeed. Tried it a little by doing some combat and no fps drop so far. I liked this cokpit and hud very much.:cool:
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@minus_273c

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Max, could you post a screenshot?
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

ok some screenshot

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@minus_273c

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Dang ... that is too cool. Btw (I've been meaning to ask), what does that alien writing mean?
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

@minus_273c

Post by KingArthur »

Tried a Copper Dash and Upper Console. Desaturated VIPERS ccpitblue 1, 2, 3 and Got Greyscale. Placed them Into the Copper Dash/affchage/Upper I Created. All Game Generated Text Lined Up Great.
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by Munshine »

well that's a nice cokpit, King Arthur but I'm already sold by the Maximilien's brand new one. ;)

I can confirm after a game session yesterday that I got similar fps as usual with this light-weighted version in combat, when landing on a planet city, in asteroids, in multiplayer. That's a go go for me !:D:cool:
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

@minus_273c

Post by KingArthur »

I'm Unable to Download MAX New DASH. I Get Corrupt Data Error.
Syrus
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Syrus »

Hi Maximilien,

I am doing a little project translating the game to Portuguese/Brazilian Portuguese, and I would like to know if I could use your HUD and Cockpit (translated with some modifications) in my release.

Please, if you have time check the original post regarding to the translation project here.

Thanks for your time! :cool:
Syrus
Dies posterior prioris est discipulis.
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

of course, you can use all you want, and ask me if you need some ressource (original img file of hud and texture with text by layer).
Syrus
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Syrus »

@Maximilien

Great, those files will be helpful. I was trying to edit them without the source files. Can you send them to me? I will send a private message with my private e-mail for you.

Thanks for your support. At launch you'll have the credits for your work and support for the project.

Regards :cool:
Dies posterior prioris est discipulis.
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by minus_273c »

@Maximillian

The cockpit absoloutely rocks. but can you extend the sides further back please! I'm using 3 monitor 8064x1600 display with a Field Of View of 4.5 and I run out of cockip if I look Left or Right with the joystick hat.

Thanks,

[KOS] CJ
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

@minus_273c

I look to solve your problem, but is not simple. This need i rework the mesh and create new texure, extend the curent mesh to fit your display is not sufficient, the missing part is to wide.

I see what can i do for you, but i do not promise anything, i'm not sure i can provide a satisfying solution.

in the future, I would take this parameter into consideration when creating a cockpit, it will be simpler.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

@minus_273c

Post by DaveK »

From post: 133795, Topic: tid=7852, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Dang ... that is too cool. Btw (I've been meaning to ask), what does that alien writing mean?
This is what I found (it's posted on page 01 of this thread):

Hmmm - Max, you obviously have found alien technology for your new cockpit and HUD; the aliens used their letters in both mirror image forms suggesting that they are ambidexterous (my dad could write both forwards and mirror writing at the same time - it impressed my mum when they were courting!). There is work to do with translation though . . .

The three lines of alien lettering the LHS read:

gkxxa
kklaaoap
kaarfds

and that across the top of the map and the system log readouts is mlkaakkalmo

The alien lettering on the RHS is harder to understand until you realise that it is using mirror image letters of the three lines on the RHS

Have any samples of Vonari writing been studied? Perhaps the technology comes from the aliens which have been recently reported.

Perhaps there is a Government cover up, denying alien technology is better than ours and trying to persuade us that Vonari are the only "others" out there!

We have a right to know!!

:P:P:P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

Mulder had said, The true is out there ... :P:P:P

[Edited on 19-4-2012 by Maximilien]
ijon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by ijon »

max, beside getting a quadrillion screen nerd setup and the according resolution (thats pure envy speaking), any idea how this could be simulated? just re-read that you are struggling with it. which is more than i got.

the thing i'm currently building so far got tested on resolutions below the one i'm working with (1680x). the result was, that the rear besically gets cut off and you get less. but its.. within the parameters. the other way round makes me a bit clueless.

minus, can you post screenshots of the areas in question?
full res. isnt necessary. can be scaled down.

[Edited on 4-20-2012 by ijon]
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

ijon,

the problem i have is not due at the resolution, but the field of view. I don't have any problem with different resolution, but a wide field of view allows pilot to view 'outside' a mesh. i must extend the rear of cockpit to solve this problem.

For your problem of cutting off the mesh, it's probably due a nearest element to the camera (i think). Maybe you can solve it by increase the separation between element and the 'center' of the cockpit.

Note : for testing different field of view, you can change it in sw.cfg file, line 17 (default value is 0). the display will be deformed, but you can see what the pilot seeing with multiple display.

[Edited on 20-4-2012 by Maximilien]

[Edited on 20-4-2012 by Maximilien]
ijon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@minus_273c

Post by ijon »

merci.

since i'm building on a widescreen and we tested on a std. screen, too, i am slowly getting an idea now. but not 100%, really.

the open view is limited by the gun rays. current proportions are based on that, the gauges, pov, and my fov. or i limited my self to that. (:
thus all this is prolly not going to happen for the current build since it would mean to start over pretty much.

thx again!

[Edited on 4-21-2012 by ijon]
Maximilien
Ensign
Ensign

@minus_273c

Post by Maximilien »

i have worked to try to solve your problem, but i can't test the result with multiple monitor.

I give you a link to the updated version, can you try it for me please ?

I know is not finished... i must work more on texture, but i must know if this solution is good.

If you can, take a screencap, i like to see if you have any distrotion on texture, and if the resolution of it is sufficient.

Thank you

Link