Effects and backgrounds mod (EM)

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
groenelampkap
Ensign
Ensign

Post by groenelampkap »

Hey everybody,

It seems I missed a lot of posts since my last... wow.
Thanks to the people who gave further explanation on the code inside ENBseries.
Nice work from Punt to make a thread with different settings to download!

I also wanted to say that I am trying to remake the nebulae that I lost.
Ik finished one last night.

As you can see I also used the stars texture from the skyrim pack. That texture is awesome.
I keep you posted.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

From post: 124919, Topic: tid=7837, author=groenelampkap wrote:The reason I waited so long to upload the new nebulae is that I used textures from another game and I don't know how "legit" it was to upload something like that. Basically I used High res screenshots, altered them in photoshop to be used for evochron. But afterwards I didn't really had the nerve to upload them. If someone has a clue if I can do so without violating something, please let me know.
If I were you I wouldn't even bother with it. I've done it a couple of times for other games and it causes more worries than it's worth.
There's an easy solution though. Obviously you are experienced with Photoshop. You can get beautiful high-res cloud brushes on Deviantart. Try this. With those it's easy to put together a basic cloud background as you've shown in the screenshots earlier (or even better ones still!), and work from there. I'd make you some templates to help you out, but unfortunately I don't have the time for it. But you should definitely check it out sometime.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Mojo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mojo »

From post: 124919, Topic: tid=7837, author=groenelampkap wrote:The reason I waited so long to upload the new nebulae is that I used textures from another game and I don't know how "legit" it was to upload something like that. Basically I used High res screenshots, altered them in photoshop to be used for evochron. But afterwards I didn't really had the nerve to upload them. If someone has a clue if I can do so without violating something, please let me know.
I'm betting dollars to donuts you're using nebulae from EVE Online. If that's the case, CCP is actually decent about allowing content to be used (they sanctioned TriExporter, after all). The best thing to do is write to the content copyright holder, explain the situation to them, that you aren't profiting from it, blah blah.
FinalFrontier
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by FinalFrontier »

I made a Starfield mod that fit perfect to your Environments mod, groenelampkap.

Here it is: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8946

Btw. I made your Environments mod files smaller with the same quality, the file size is only between 180KB to 610KB now.
If you want than could I upload it here.

[Edited on 2-16-2012 by FinalFrontier]
Nova_Solo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nova_Solo »

Let me just say that these nebulae are downright artistic! After I loaded them, a smile never left my face. The whole family crowded the monitor to admire your work.

Well done, well done indeed!!!:P

Lt. Junior Grade
Star Wolves Clan
Call sign: [SW]Nova
Faemon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Faemon »

Great nebulae groenelampkap! I am using them. Thank you for sharing.
Erethrian
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Erethrian »

From post: 128451, Topic: tid=7837, author=groenelampkap wrote:Hey everybody,

It seems I missed a lot of posts since my last... wow.
Thanks to the people who gave further explanation on the code inside ENBseries.
Nice work from Punt to make a thread with different settings to download!

I also wanted to say that I am trying to remake the nebulae that I lost.
Ik finished one last night.

As you can see I also used the stars texture from the skyrim pack. That texture is awesome.
I keep you posted.

Just wanted to let you know the new nebulae are great! And thanks for the mods, they work perfectly! :D

Erethrian
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Austin »

Holy effing wowzers!!! I love this!!! I can't even place EM without it anymore. Everything is so much more alive and vibrant! Just simply awesome! :) :) :)
Kuros
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kuros »

Is somebody willing to help me get the environments MOD working? I love those nebulae but this mod isn't working.

Edit: Nvm, I found a solution.

[Edited on 1-15-2013 by Kuros]
Edison Maxwell
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Edison Maxwell »

The environment mod wont work with 2.x
How do I update it myself?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

The expanded version of the game uses a six-sided "box" for each of the four nebulae. A program for converting a single image can be found in the Customizing Kit, inside the "environment" section. Depending on the .png file to be converted, you'll probably need to adjust the position of the custom background nebula.
FilHoteeMayara
Ensign
Ensign

Post by FilHoteeMayara »

gracias
Bsukmet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bsukmet »

Hi,I'm new to the game and the forum. I've just installed this mod as I think it looks awesome. I can see the new star background ingame, but the nebulas still look the same as in the vanilla version. Is there maybe an update to this mod? Thanks in advance.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I'm pretty sure this mod was developed prior to the expansion. Ergo, it uses a totally different background format. You can try converting it by following instructions in the Customizing Kit.

P.S. You can download the Customizing Kit from here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... nloads.htm

In the "environment" folder you should find a small program called "EvochronCubeMapUtility" which you can use to covert background graphics from an earlier version of the game.

[Edited on 9-24-2014 by Marvin]
Bsukmet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bsukmet »

Thanks, I'll take a look :)