Effects and backgrounds mod (EM)

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

I never thought of using Boris' work to enhance the game's visuals. I love how it looks, but I have a problem, whenever I try to join a multiplayer game, it freezes before the loading screen.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Punt, welcome to the game and forum!...Hope to see you out there some time!...;):cool:

If you use palyers HD mods and your Computer system has not the necessary resources to handle the extra Graphic enhancement your Game might become unplayable. Evochron Mercenary needs a lot of resources Graphics wise to run! And some mods will not be compatible with the game if they are over a certain amount of poly count! So you have to be carefull about starting with to many mods at once. Try to use one at a time, if the first one does not work you can eliminate the mods one at a time that does not work.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dagonet »

Punt; you can try resizing the troubling nebula texture (for me, generally c10 gives me an error while I'm jumping between servers). But that'll cause a degrade in visual quality, as expected.
Mojo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mojo »

From post: 127091, Topic: tid=7837, author=Punt wrote:I never thought of using Boris' work to enhance the game's visuals. I love how it looks, but I have a problem, whenever I try to join a multiplayer game, it freezes before the loading screen.
We were running into the same problem. In the end we opted to simply not use ENBSeries for multiplayer. I'm unsure right now what's causing crashes exclusively in multiplayer, if it's some sort of server-side permission detecting, for example, a bad client due to .dll injection, or if it's simply wonking out the game's capabilities.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Yup, of all the mods I have tried on, the ENB Series one was the single one that clearly took a significant amount of additional resources from my computer. Every time I hit escape, it had to think for like 10 seconds what to do. Very annoying to say the least which is a shame because I love the bloom it produces. If only someone could find out exactly what is causing the extra load that would be awesome, although I'm afraid it may just be inherent to the bloom effect itself.
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 127096, Topic: tid=7837, author=Maarschalk wrote:Hi Punt, welcome to the game and forum!...Hope to see you out there some time!...;):cool:

If you use palyers HD mods and your Computer system has not the necessary resources to handle the extra Graphic enhancement your Game might become unplayable. Evochron Mercenary needs a lot of resources Graphics wise to run! And some mods will not be compatible with the game if they are over a certain amount of poly count! So you have to be carefull about starting with to many mods at once. Try to use one at a time, if the first one does not work you can eliminate the mods one at a time that does not work.....;):cool:
I confirmed yesterday that it was the ENB series' enhancements, however; I can simply toggle the UseEffect variable (Shift+F12 by default in this mod) to turn the enhancements off before joining a game, and then I can turn them back on after loading.
From post: 127208, Topic: tid=7837, author=Viper wrote:Yup, of all the mods I have tried on, the ENB Series one was the single one that clearly took a significant amount of additional resources from my computer. Every time I hit escape, it had to think for like 10 seconds what to do. Very annoying to say the least which is a shame because I love the bloom it produces. If only someone could find out exactly what is causing the extra load that would be awesome, although I'm afraid it may just be inherent to the bloom effect itself.
I'm quite experienced with ENB and how it works, as I've spent many hours modifying Skyrim to my liking and a bit of time chatting with the ENBdev community members. That being said, I've been trying to implement the new ENB series' for Skyrim in hopes of reducing the very apparent load increase (performance impacts have been reduced quite a bit since the RE4 release), but haven't had much luck so far.

The effects under [SSAO] (specifically the useIndirectLighting, useAmbientocclusion and useFilter variables), along with most variables defined in the [COLORCORRECTION] and [MOTIONBLUR] category are the major causes of the FPS drop and increase in certain load times. Bloom does contribute as well, but the load impact is hardly noticeable when compared to the aforementioned.

If I can find a way to implement the new ENB series into the game, there's a high probability the resource impact will be reduced. There's also a high probability I could enhance the effects even further and still maintain relatively decent performance on mid-range computers. If anyone feels they can help me accomplish this, please contact me here or via steam (puntit is my username). Also, If anyone wants help customizing their enbseries.ini file, I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge with them.

Documentation for this ENB series (Read thoroughly if you want to get the most out of customizing your graphical enhancements to your liking.):

http://enbdev.com/old_doc_en.htm

ENBTuner (In russian, useful for changing variables):

http://enbdev.com/enbtuner.zip

[Edited on 1-29-2012 by Punt]

Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dagonet »

From post: 127208, Topic: tid=7837, author=Viper wrote:Yup, of all the mods I have tried on, the ENB Series one was the single one that clearly took a significant amount of additional resources from my computer. Every time I hit escape, it had to think for like 10 seconds what to do. Very annoying to say the least which is a shame because I love the bloom it produces. If only someone could find out exactly what is causing the extra load that would be awesome, although I'm afraid it may just be inherent to the bloom effect itself.
That is because it is not made for this game unfortunately; I mean the .dll file. However, sometimes it doesn't cause that, I have no idea why/how. But I got used to it; I just hit Shift+F12 before hitting ESC, and since I bound my quicksave key to NUMPAD ENTER, I pretty much don't press ESC at all.
Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dagonet »

From post: 127215, Topic: tid=7837, author=Punt wrote:I'm quite experienced with ENB and how it works, as I've spent many hours modifying Skyrim to my liking and a bit of time chatting with the ENBdev community members. That being said, I've been trying to implement the new ENB series' for Skyrim in hopes of reducing the very apparent load increase (performance impacts have been reduced quite a bit since the RE4 release), but haven't had much luck so far.

The effects under [SSAO] (specifically the useIndirectLighting, useAmbientocclusion and useFilter variables), along with most variables defined in the [COLORCORRECTION] and [MOTIONBLUR] category are the major causes of the FPS drop and increase in certain load times. Bloom does contribute as well, but the load impact is hardly noticeable when compared to the aforementioned.

If I can find a way to implement the new ENB series into the game, there's a high probability the resource impact will be reduced. There's also a high probability I could enhance the effects even further and still maintain relatively decent performance on mid-range computers. If anyone feels they can help me accomplish this, please contact me here or via steam (puntit is my username). Also, If anyone wants help customizing their enbseries.ini file, I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge with them.
Hey Punt (sorry about the 2nd post by the way folks), about ENBSeries, I am also using ENBSeries, however I don't know what these do;
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel
BloomAdaptationMultiplier

What do they do actually? Main reason I'm asking is, I have a modpack that I posted on steam, which also includes ENB, but I tried to left those settings out since I wasn't able to figure out what it was doing.

And I tried the newer version of Resident Evil 4 .dll for ENB, but all I saw was a black screen, whether I enabled the ENB or not. I tried some other .dll's but they just give error alltogether. Wish I could enable some of the newer effects!
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 127232, Topic: tid=7837, author=Dagonet wrote:
From post: 127215, Topic: tid=7837, author=Punt wrote:I'm quite experienced with ENB and how it works, as I've spent many hours modifying Skyrim to my liking and a bit of time chatting with the ENBdev community members. That being said, I've been trying to implement the new ENB series' for Skyrim in hopes of reducing the very apparent load increase (performance impacts have been reduced quite a bit since the RE4 release), but haven't had much luck so far.

Hey Punt (sorry about the 2nd post by the way folks), about ENBSeries, I am also using ENBSeries, however I don't know what these do;
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel
BloomAdaptationMultiplier

What do they do actually? Main reason I'm asking is, I have a modpack that I posted on steam, which also includes ENB, but I tried to left those settings out since I wasn't able to figure out what it was doing.

And I tried the newer version of Resident Evil 4 .dll for ENB, but all I saw was a black screen, whether I enabled the ENB or not. I tried some other .dll's but they just give error alltogether. Wish I could enable some of the newer effects!
Yeah, I only had mine working with certain settings, enabling most cause the game screen to go black in areas that are too dark.

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel & BloomAdaptationScreenLevel together seem to dictate when to use the bloom power variable of BloomPowerDay vs BloomPowerNight based on a percentage. If you set BloomAdaptationScreenlevel to 70% (70) and BloomAdaptationMultiplier to 75% (75), nighttime bloom effects will be applied to any object that's darker than 70% of the brightest area on the screen, whilst BloomPowerDay will be applied to anything that's brighter than 75%, I'm not sure whether or not bloom is used for the remaining 5%.

Setting BloomAdaptationMultiplier to 100 will disable it.

Edit: Make sure your bloom constants are the same as your day/night values.

Here's my modified file - HDR/Occlusion effects removed due to performance loss and very little graphical enhancement in comparison to bloom when it's set up properly, reflections removed due to performance loss and the fact they can only be seen in certain situations:

BEFORE

AFTER

WITH "HDR" (OCCLUSION)

Quick details: Vastly improved performance while increasing quality of rendering techniques, color saturation and bloom effects.

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?z4zhagtwwogina8

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Wow, cool pictures and effects......I'm drooling now.....sigh!.....;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 127250, Topic: tid=7837, author=Maarschalk wrote:Wow, cool pictures and effects......I'm drooling now.....sigh!.....;):P:cool:
:P

As an update: For the long loading menu times, it seems that when using the exit menu, the overall brightness of the game aside from the exit menu is reduced, causing recalculations that need to be done to apply and change the effects for the new brightness levels. Deactivate the effects before entering the exit menu to reduce load times.

List of Key Codes for enbseries.ini

http://www.mediafire.com/?46cu6b578mv2ptr
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Ok so for a ENB noob like myself, if I download that file you put up, I am able to enjoy the bloom from the ENB series, but don't have to put up with the drop in performance, like when I hit esc? Or do I still have to manually disable the effects before hitting escape?

Also, personally I don't like the increased contrast that much. I would like to keep that the way the game has it by default. How do I do that, or could you put another download link up that has that sorted?

Thanks in advance and for your work on it punt!

[Edited on 1-29-2012 by Viper]
Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dagonet »

Viper, sorry to say but, that is ENB related man. You have to disable it (Shift + F12) before pressing ESC, but you can always bind your quick save button to something else (on 3rd page, secondary control I mean). Sometimes it hangs the game for a bit, sometimes not.

And Punt, I think now I understand it, but it is still a bit confusing, and at first I got confused due to that "unknown" 5% range. You seem to be confused about that part too :)

Best is, that I set up weird, very high values for bloom to see what exactly it is doing I guess.
Mojo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mojo »

From post: 127278, Topic: tid=7837, author=Viper wrote:Ok so for a ENB noob like myself, if I download that file you put up, I am able to enjoy the bloom from the ENB series, but don't have to put up with the drop in performance, like when I hit esc? Or do I still have to manually disable the effects before hitting escape?

Also, personally I don't like the increased contrast that much. I would like to keep that the way the game has it by default. How do I do that, or could you put another download link up that has that sorted?
You're going to find that's the case, he was good enough to put up an edited enbseries.ini file in the download.

You're able to edit the file yourself. I'll comment each line so you understand what it does. You SHOULD be able to simply copy-paste the block-quoted text if you desire, as the // should escape the line and allow you to directly edit your .ini file without having to alt-tab between your browser and text-editor, letting you know exactly what you're editing and what the acceptable values are.

Code: Select all

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0 //In case you have a separate .dll file you want to use in addition to the .dll provided by ENBSeries.
InitProxyFunctions=1 //Will initialize the functions of that proxy library. 
ProxyLibrary= //The name of the proxy library you're using.
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=1 //Whether or not the game boots up with ENBSeries running.
AlternativeDepth=1 //Alternate rendering mode. May improve performance.
AllowAntialias=0 //Self-explanatory, permits anti-aliasing to be turned on. Control panel settings will forcefully override this setting.
BugFixMode=0 //If you're having problems running ENBSeries, you can try setting this value to anything from 1 to 5. Otherwise, leave it alone.
SkipShaderOptimization=0 //Another debug option. Like the above, leave it alone unless you're experimenting with problem solving. Unlike the above, it's a boolean value, 0 or 1 only.
QuadVertexBuffer=0 //Another debug option. 0 is actually the "debug" mode for fixing problems. Best left alone, makes no difference for Evo.
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1 //Sets whether or not bloom is enabled. Boolean.
EnableOcclusion=0 //Sets whether or not ambient occlusion is enabled. Boolean.
EnableReflection=0 //Sets whether reflection is enabled. Boolean.
EnableMotionBlur=0 //Sets whether the motion blur is enabled. Boolean. Nb: This value is ENABLED by default in the zip file uploaded here. I've disabled it because ENBseries cannot discriminate between motion and non-motion in Evochron without a .dll being made specifically for the game.
EnableWater=0 //Sets whether water effects are enabled. Boolean.
EnableShadow=0 //Sets whether shadow effects are enabled. Boolean.
DepthBias=500 //Depth bias relative to the viewport (ie: the camera/screen). Value of 1 to 1000, 500 being the middle range. Used for tweaking ambient occlusion and other scene geometry, so not something you have to worry about.
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123 //Decimal key value for enabling or disabling the ENB effects. In this case, F12.
KeyBloom=120 //Decimal key value for enabling or disabling bloom specifically. In this case, F9.
KeyOcclusion=121 //Decimal key value for enabling or disabling ambient occlusion specifically. In this case, F10.
KeyReflection=122 //Decimal key value for enabling or disabling reflection effects specifically. In this case, F11.
KeyCombination=16 //Decimal key value for the key that all other key codes in this section _must_ be combined with to enable or disable their functions. In this case, SHIFT.
KeyShadow=119 //Decimal key value for enabling or disabling shadow effects specifically. In this case, F8.
KeyWater=118 //Decimal key value for enabling or disabling water effects specifically. In this case, F7.
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=100 //The level of reflection on objects where reflection is applied. Value of 1 to 100. Since reflections are disabled, this is meaningless.
ChromePower=100 //Non-functioning value, artifact left over from the GTA series ENB Series was originally developed for.
UseCurrentFrameReflection=0 //Boolean value. If set to 1, reflections will use the current frame. If zero, reflections will reflect the previous frame rendered. A value of 1 looks (minimally) more realistic, but costs more overhead. Since reflections are disabled, meaningless unless you want to reenable them.
ReflectionQuality=0 //Quality of the reflection, from 0 to 2, 0 being the highest quality and worst performance, 2 being the lowest quality and best performance.
ReflectionSourceSpecular=100 //Percentage expression of how much a specular object is considered reflective. Ie: The shinier and brighter the object, the more it reflects.
ReflectionSourceTFactor=100 //As above, but for the texture factor rather than specular.
UseAdditiveReflection=1 //Boolean value, 0 yields "softer" reflections (eg, the soft-focus lens effect).
ReflectionDepthBias=100 //Similar to the previous depth bias, in this case the depth of the reflection relative to the viewport.
UseLowResReflection=1 //Uses lower-resolution reflections. Faster rendering, more matte look.
ReflectionSinglePass=1 //Boolean. If set to 1, draws the reflection with the geometry of the reflecting material. 0 will use multipass reflection.
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=3 //The power of bloom during "day" scenes, as determined by screen brightness set in a value below. Value of 1 to 100.
BloomFadeTime=10000 //The time it takes for bloom to adapt to screen brightness, in milliseconds. Value of 1 to 100000.
BloomConstantDay=3 //The hard value of how bright the bloom is during day scenes, regardless of any adaptation. Ie: How much bloom is applied during "day" scenes.
BloomQuality=0 //The rendering quality of the bloom. As above, 0 is best quality, least performance, 2 is best performance, least quality, 1 is middle of the road.
BloomScreenLevelDay=85 //How much brightness, as a percentage, the whole scene must average for it to be considered a "day" scene. Ie: If every on-screen pixel's brightness was added up and divided by the number of pixels, and the brightness value measured, that brightness would have to be 85% or more to be considered "day". 0 brightness = full black, 100 brightness = full white.
BloomCurveDay=0 //The gamma curve applied to "day" scenes, in a value of -10 to 10. Negative values will result in brighter half-tones, creating a washed out look, "Vaseline on the lens", smoggy, flat look, while positive values will result in higher contrast between highlights and shadows. Nb: By default, this is set to -1.
BloomPowerNight=5 //As above, but for night scenes.
BloomConstantNight=5 //As above, but for night scenes.
BloomCurveNight=0 //As above, but for night scenes.
BloomScreenLevelNight=30 //As above, but for night scenes, and determined as equal to or less than, rather than equal to or more.
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=85 //Screen level brightness, expressed as a percentage, above which bloom will not activate as defined above.
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=90 //Multiplier is a misnomer, actually a percentage. How much percentage of the normal bloom will be used when the screen brightness exceeds the value set in BloomAdaptationScreenLevel. In this case, if the scene is 85% bright or more, 90% bloom (or multiplied by .9, not multiplied by 90) is applied to the bloom power.
BloomAllowOversaturation=0 //Allows bloom to oversaturate (hypercolorize) the scene. 0 is soft bloom (brightness only), 1 allows brightness and color oversaturation to occur. Nb: This is set to 1 by default in the provided .ini.
[SSAO]
UseFilter=1 //Enabled noise filtering.
OcclusionQuality=1 //Quality of the screen space ambient occlusion. As in all other quality cases, 0 is best, 2 is worst quality. Not enabled, defaults to a value of 2 regardless of setting.
FilterQuality=1 //Quality of the SSAO noise filter. As above.
DarkeningLevel=12 //How much SSAO darkens the scene, from 1 to 100.
BrighteningLevel=1 //How much SSAO lightens the edges of geometry, from 1 to 100.
IlluminationLevel=1 //How much indirect lighting effects the given scene, from 1 to 100.
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=0 //How much indirect lighting actually brightens dark areas, from 1 to 100.
UseAmbientOcclusion=1 //Darkens nearest object if set to 1. Disabled.
UseIndirectLightning=1 //Computes indirect lighting. If set to 1, costs computational overhead.
FadeDistance=16 //Distance from viewport that ambient occlusion falls off at.
[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=10 //How much day scenes are darkened, from -100 to 100. Positive values or darker, negative values are lighter.
ScreenLevelDay=95 //As in the bloom section, the total brightness used to determine "day" scenes for the Darkening and gamma amounts, expressed as a percentage of the average brightness of the whole scene.
ScreenLevelNight=30 //As above, but for night scenes, and equal to or less than.
DarkeningAmountNight=5 //As above, but for night scenes.
GammaCurveDay=0 //The gamma curve applied to "day" scenes, in a value of -10 to 10. Negative values will result in brighter half-tones, creating a washed out look, "Vaseline on the lens", smoggy, flat look, while positive values will result in higher contrast between highlights and shadows.
GammaCurveNight=0 //The gamma curve applied to "night" scenes, in a value of -10 to 10. Negative values will result in brighter half-tones, creating a washed out look, "Vaseline on the lens", smoggy, flat look, while positive values will result in higher contrast between highlights and shadows.
ColorSaturationDay=1 //The color saturation, from -10 to 10, of day scenes. 0 is default, negative values result in a more desaturated image, positive values result in a more color saturated image.
ColorSaturationNight=1 //The color saturation, from -10 to 10, of night scenes. 0 is default, negative values result in a more desaturated image, positive values result in a more color saturated image.
UsePaletteTexture=0 //Uses enables the use of palette.bmp, a bitmap image which uses X and Y coordinates to colour and brightness correct to a specific palette. 
[PLUGIN]
WeatherMod=0 //Disabled.
[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=1 //Smooth transition for water depth effects if water effects are enabled.
WaterDeepness=20 //Water translucency for depth levels defined above, if water effects are enabled, from 1 to 1000.
WaterQuality=2 //Quality of the water effects. As in all other cases, 0 is best, 2 is worst.
[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=40 //Distance at which shadows become less intense, from 1 to 1000, if shadow effects are enabled.
ShadowFadeEnd=80 //Distance at which shadows are simply not rendered, from 1 to 1000, if shadow effects are enabled.
ShadowAmountDay=60 //Shadow intensity during day scenes, as a percentage.
ShadowAmountNight=60 //Shadow intensity during night scenes, as a percentage.
ShadowScreenLevelDay=60 //As in all other cases, percentage of screen brightness to determine day scenes, though used exclusively for shadow effects.
ShadowScreenLevelNight=60 //As in all other cases, percentage of screen brightness to determine night scenes, though used exclusively for shadow effects.
ShadowQuality=0 //You know the score by now.
UseShadowFilter=0 //Shadow filtering, boolean value.
FilterQuality=2 //Again.
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0 //Whether or not to force anisotropic filtering. Boolean.
MaxAnisotropy=0 //Maximum anisotropy, up to 16.
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 //Whether or not to lock the screen at a specific refresh rate. Boolean.
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 //The number of hertz to lock the refresh rate at, if ForceDisplayRefreshRate is set to 1.
[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=0 //The quality of motion blur. 0 best 1 medium 2 worst etc and so forth.
MotionBlurRotation=0 //How much rotating/strafing blur is applied, from 0 to 100.
MotionBlurVelocity=0 //How much forward/backward blur is applied, from 0 to 100.
Hope that helps!
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Wow thanks for the hard work Mojo, I'll give it a shot!
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 127305, Topic: tid=7837, author=Dagonet wrote:Viper, sorry to say but, that is ENB related man. You have to disable it (Shift + F12) before pressing ESC, but you can always bind your quick save button to something else (on 3rd page, secondary control I mean). Sometimes it hangs the game for a bit, sometimes not.

And Punt, I think now I understand it, but it is still a bit confusing, and at first I got confused due to that "unknown" 5% range. You seem to be confused about that part too :)

Best is, that I set up weird, very high values for bloom to see what exactly it is doing I guess.
What if you bind the useeffect toggle to escape? Set the use effect keybind to 27 and use shift+esc to enter exit the main menu (this is what I do now and it works!)

[Edited on 1-30-2012 by Punt]

Dagonet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dagonet »

True, true, it works but I got used to pressing Shift+F12 before :)
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Well guys I tried it and tried all kinds of different settings but I think that basically it comes down to the fact that my computer and this version of ENB Series will never become good friends. No matter what I try, it won't even log on to a server anymore. My guess is that it's just using too much of my GPU memory. The rest of the game is just too slow to be acceptable.
I tried it before in the past and it gave me the same results, so that's it then I'm afraid.

Too bad, I really love the bloom effect itself. :(
Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 127678, Topic: tid=7837, author=Viper wrote:Well guys I tried it and tried all kinds of different settings but I think that basically it comes down to the fact that my computer and this version of ENB Series will never become good friends. No matter what I try, it won't even log on to a server anymore. My guess is that it's just using too much of my GPU memory. The rest of the game is just too slow to be acceptable.
I tried it before in the past and it gave me the same results, so that's it then I'm afraid.

Too bad, I really love the bloom effect itself. :(
This release was developed for GTA: San Andreas and Resident Evil 4, any video card should be able to handle even a low quality bloom effect.

You MUST turn off the effects before joining a game online, else the game will freeze just before it goes to the loading screen.

I have a 9600GT/1GB and it does this to me as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1pcz4e958zbtz9l

That's a file I modified for you, tailored towards performance, only the bloom effect is added using low quality settings.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Hmm you think? I'll give that new one a try then, thanks for the effort. Would you like feedback on it?
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

"Hi groenelampkap"....I really like your 1 screenshot titled: screenshot of the new nebula, but I must be honest about the rest of your screenshots, they are enlarged too much and they have lost the rich detailed the smaller screenshots have. If you can post your screenshots no greater then 800x600 or the size of the new nebula then you will be right on the money. I found it tiring just jockeying your post left to right and up and down just to see your screenshot and to read the text writing.

"Good Flying" :)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Punt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Punt »

From post: 127731, Topic: tid=7837, author=BraveHart wrote:"Hi groenelampkap"....I really like your 1 screenshot titled: screenshot of the new nebula, but I must be honest about the rest of your screenshots, they are enlarged too much and they have lost the rich detailed the smaller screenshots have. If you can post your screenshots no greater then 800x600 or the size of the new nebula then you will be right on the money. I found it tiring just jockeying your post left to right and up and down just to see your screenshot and to read the text writing.

"Good Flying" :)
If he re-sized his screenshots to a lower resolution, the detail would be lost for users running a higher resolution like myself.

I recommend using a site like http://www.imgbox.com/ for thumbnail images instead of resizing uploaded images. Moreover, the forum needs an auto-size function for images.

Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

From post: 127719, Topic: tid=7837, author=Punt wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?1pcz4e958zbtz9l

That's a file I modified for you, tailored towards performance, only the bloom effect is added using low quality settings.
Hi Punt

I tried out your custom ENB file and thought I'd share my results with you.

Bad side:
The only thing I really noticed, was a very slight increase in color contrast. To be honest, I didn't notice any bloom anywhere. I know it's enabled, but it was probably to little to notice.

Good side:
The game performed better than usually with the ENB Series activated. However, still slower compared to ENB disabled.

I'm sorry it didn't give the result you were clearly hoping for. I don't want to keep you busy trying to make a workable solution for just me though, while I'm sure you have better things to do with your time. Then again, if I can find a setup that does work for me, it will work for other players with a mid-range computer.
You have produced a good basis from which I might be able to create a workable solution. I know my way around ini files, so I should be fine here.

I basically don't want anything else than the actual bloom, while at the same not slowing down the game too much. So I'll start by disabling the contrast and increasing the bloom bit by bit until I have reached a nice balance between looks and speed.
I noticed your ENB Series config thread by the way. I'll post my findings there when I find something that works well.

Thanks again for the effort mate, I do appreciate it! :)
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Right, I think I have found a nice balance and have posted about it in your other thread here.

When experimenting with the config I noticed that setting the AllowAntialias to '1', which should enable anti-aliassing, it actually seemed to disable it as everything turned quite jaggy. Setting it back to '0' (which should disable it) seemed to switch it back on and everything was smooth again.
Hunter
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Hunter »

It looks very good, but now it`s not compatible(for graphics, textures, planets).
In new update of evochron, I think it will be very good, good planets and I will install this mod.
Thank you for creating)