***SPOILER*** Attempts of Landing on Earth

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.

Total votes: 0

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

lol.... you think earning your military rank in SOL would make a difference? There is no war zone in or near SOL that I know of....;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Knight Rider »

Darn...I was just getting ready to join the Sol Navy..hoping to get in that way.:D:D:D:D

[Edited on 7-26-2011 by Knight Rider]
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 111363, Topic: tid=7775, author=Marvin wrote::o Where can you buy a military ship in Sol?
I know that Mil ships can "only" be bought in warzones, but Sol is special - nowhere else is a planet defended against allies or it's own or even defended at all. We are looking for loopholes and I'm trying the "out of the box" thingy :cool:

If there are unknown (after all this time) things in Sapphire, there is at least the possibility that there is a hidden area in Sol that might sell military equipment - if not ships, then the IFF system (Identification Friend or Foe) that would allow us past the ring

Rush says that we get a warning at 508000 of altitude and blow up always at exactly at 507500. My altitude meter has never kicked in before I blow up but I think that I've got to within less than 50k of my Nav Point when I place it on Earth's surface. Rush (or anyone else) - how did we find the exact altitude? :o

I've also never spotted any beam, cannon or missile fire "taking me out" - does anyone know how we are actually destroyed (apart of efficiently, effectively and colourfully!)? :)

All of the obvious methods have been eliminated - we are moving onto the less obvious, followed by the wierd and wacky; as Sherlock Holmes said, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Keep faith - if it was easy it would have been done ages ago and the glory of achieving it would be a pale imitation :P:P:P:P

The alternative is that this is merely a programming bug and hence, IMHO, not actually worth pursuing :)

[Edited on 27-7-2011 by DaveK]
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Rush
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rush »

To check that altitude you just have to go very very slowly towards the planet until you receive the "planetary mode" alert, and the altitude begins to show up.
You can also notice that the death doesn't work like, for example, in a star or black hole, progressively taking away your shield and hull. It's just an instant death, in my opinion caused by an internal check on your altitude.

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Rush
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 111390, Topic: tid=7775, author=Rush wrote:To check that altitude you just have to go very very slowly towards the planet until you receive the "planetary mode" alert, and the altitude begins to show up.
You can also notice that the death doesn't work like, for example, in a star or black hole, progressively taking away your shield and hull. It's just an instant death, in my opinion caused by an internal check on your altitude.
Even when I creep in at v=20 intertial flight and going backwards ("there's nobody here, just a gently falling meteor - ignore it sort of approach") I still explode just after the planetary mode message is given (and I mean she only has time to finish the last word and blamm!) I've never actually seen an altitude given. I wonder what I'm doing wrong!

When we explode jumping in, is that because we are too far into the atmosphere and overload the shields (like jumping into a normal planet's atmosphere) or is it we are below the "altitude of death, doom amd destruction"? Perhaps a shallow jump skimming just below the 50k limit might work :)

If you are correct Rush then this isn't a "very hard unofficial challenge" it's just a "find the bug and the way round it" - I hope not, because I don't think that that is a challenge with glory at its successful completion :(
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 111398, Topic: tid=7775, author=DaveK wrote: If you are correct Rush then this isn't a "very hard unofficial challenge" it's just a "find the bug and the way round it" - I hope not, because I don't think that that is a challenge with glory at its successful completion :(
Bug hunting can be fun. You can hunt them down, you can squash them, you can disect them, you can study them under a microscope and if your hungry have a snack....;):P:P:P:P:P

I'm not sure it is a bug though buzzing around a loophole!;):P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

think outside the box.... hmm, I have found this bug and can repeat it almost every time.
the security ring is offset to the side in the first pix and behind the planet in the second pix,
I have not mastered direct jumps to planet surface but someone who has may have some luck.
u2u me for info.

[Edited on 7-28-2011 by capt_cronic]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL....that is just a physical perception.......;):P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

slamscape
Ensign
Ensign

Post by slamscape »

Hmmmm, maybe you need to slingshot around the sun and go back in time to before Earth had a defense ring :)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

are you out there, listening Mr Spock? :P
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Scotty, we need more power to the shields. Now.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

ROFL....;):D:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 111517, Topic: tid=7775, author=Maarschalk wrote:LOL....that is just a physical perception.......;):P
Is it? . . . . or are you being a bit naughty? :P
ImageImage
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

It's all relative....;):P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Knight Rider »

I'm looking forward to trying all the possibilities. Exactly how do I slingshot around the sun?:D:D
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

From post: 111600, Topic: tid=7775, author=Knight Rider wrote:I'm looking forward to trying all the possibilities. Exactly how do I slingshot around the sun?:D:D
aim towards the edge of the Sun and then go round it as close as possible without actually falling in - easy, really (compared to landing on Earth that is!)

Or to go back in time, go to Sol in one of the earlier Starwraith games, before the defensive ring was built :P:P

[Edited on 31-7-2011 by DaveK]
ImageImage
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Knight Rider »

After many attempts today, I saw something strange. I saw what appeared to be a doorway or worm hole right at the ring. It appeared out of no where. I did a quick save, to mark my position, and when I came back it was gone. I wonder if a doorway or worm hole randomly appears as an entrance through the Ring. I will keep a look out to see if it reappears.

[Edited on 8-3-2011 by Knight Rider]
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

hmmmm - interesting . . . :)
ImageImage
Rush
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rush »

If it was a white sphere, it's just a graphical bug.
Every time you blow up a white sphere is created for some reason in the place you died. It sometimes stays also after the re-load. You can pass through it if you want, but nothing happens.

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Rush
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

From post: 110702, Topic: tid=7775, author=Rush wrote:I opened this thread to make us write about our attempts of landing on Earth.

I also added a poll.

The question is: "Do you think that landing on Earth is POSSIBLE?"

:D:D:D
I don't think it is possible due to the fact that players have try it from every which of way they can think of. they try jumping in the planet just above where you don't blow up due to the planet but the ring around the planet, (the code in the game) still blown them up.

The only possible way I can think of someone landing on earth is if you do something like complete all the IMG missions or something. Maybe if you find something or have something on your ship then you can.
Tech Reviews and Help videos https://www.youtube.com/user/TechRHelp
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Post by Sinbad »

From post: 111754, Topic: tid=7775, author=Knight Rider wrote:After many attempts today, I saw something strange. I saw what appeared to be a doorway or worm hole right at the ring. It appeared out of no where. I did a quick save, to mark my position, and when I came back it was gone. I wonder if a doorway or worm hole randomly appears as an entrance through the Ring. I will keep a look out to see if it reappears.

[Edited on 8-3-2011 by Knight Rider]
Yes I've also seen that. Quite spooky the first time I saw it, but I agree with Rush... it seems to be some kind of glitch. Certainly didn't stop me getting blown to pieces trying to get past the Ring. :(

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Knight Rider »

Rush was right, that is exactly what I saw, a white sphere at the Ring, and it did appear after several toastings from the Ring....:D I thought for sure that was the way in...oh well.

Pilots beware the Ring is now creating mirages...:D:D
slamscape
Ensign
Ensign

Post by slamscape »

I know this is probably a dumb question, but does using stealth have any effect?
Knight Rider
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Knight Rider »

I tried Stealth...Didn't work.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Did you try the Stealths the kind you strap to your feet and legs and make you look very tall?.....This is not a clue!......but might actually work to get your feet on the ground!.......;):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats: