Clan System Discussion

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Clan System Discussion

Post by Dingo »

I like it Shieldwolf. I really like it.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Clan System Discussion

Post by Avenger »

The question is then, can the carrier group defend itself against FT's?

If not then a battle will only last for a few seconds since we all know how lazy some people are around here and FT their way through pretty much everything since money is no real issue anyway.
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Shieldwolf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Clan System Discussion

Post by Shieldwolf »

Thought about that. I would suggest that the carrier groups be immune to FT's. Otherwise it would be too easy. Another thing is that clan tagged stations can be built, however if the carrier group falls entirely. So do all the clan stations. It should be that all carriers built MUST have a clan tag attached to them. ( Within that system of course.)

[Edited on 7-10-2011 by Shieldwolf]
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Clan System Discussion

Post by Dingo »

I there should only be ONE clan-tagged carrier per system. This would make a set rallying point when conflict breaks out.

I like the idea of linking stations to the carrier, which could act kind of like a command center, maybe creating contracts like Cindy suggested, keeping a clan bank, and allowing clan rename (to allow clans to merge). Would be really cool.

One a side note though, I think this thread has veered way off into dreamland.

[Edited on 7-10-2011 by Dingo]
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Clan System Discussion

Post by MMaggio »

I'm glad someone noticed that! :P
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Clan System Discussion

Post by DaveK »

From post: 110321, Topic: tid=7659, author=Avenger wrote:The question is then, can the carrier group defend itself against FT's?

If not then a battle will only last for a few seconds since we all know how lazy some people are around here and FT their way through pretty much everything since money is no real issue anyway.
Lazy? - isn't that like suggesting that armies fight hand to hand because tanks and guns make the killing too easy?

Perhaps the real solution is to lose FT's. Their main legit use seems to be a profitable trade in a system I shall not name :D. Present Capital ships can be taken down easily without them (so I am assured :P) and FT's they can't actually take stations out (else why the need for station detonators?)

The alternative of making them so expensive that even billionaires think twice is that as a trade item they would make making billions easier so they would still be affordable! :mad: )

Their other use (which those who use them think is legit and those who don't use them think is cheating) is to take out groups of opponents quickly and easily - not very sporting really! (though the Americans call it "shock and awe" :P)

It might be interesting to have a poll on who thinks they should stay and who thinks they should disappear (similar to the discussion about how to make Excaliburs less overwhelming when they were instant reload)

[Edited on 10-7-2011 by DaveK]
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Clan System Discussion

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I say keep them. Besides being a great trade item, they define good guys from bad (the bad guys use 'em). And, whenever somebody starts tossing a few of them around, it keeps us on our toes.
Mop Head
Ensign
Ensign

Clan System Discussion

Post by Mop Head »

I say scale them down, both in power and price. To merge with the other discussion, free firing rockets, make each harpoint cary a 'two pack' of mini FT's. No lock, free fire - you might take out 2 or 3 reds.

[Edited on 7-10-2011 by Mop Head]