Eureka!

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Raven0
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Eureka!

Post by Raven0 »

Allo everyone. First, let me say WOW!!! I've been around the indie space sim scene a bit and this is the best yet. Been playing for a few days and ready to start modding but can't seem to get the ships in-game. Running v1.428, have the custom kit and a fighterpack, followed directions, but no change. What am I missing? Also, where are the original models? The game folder has .exe, .jpg, .cfg, etc, but nothing I recognize as model files. Not even .x. I did manage to get a converted model to show up as a civilian frame but it was inverted and oversized. The same model wouldn't show as a military frame. If I can figure out the structure, you will be seeing new models soon. Any help would be really appreciated.

[Edited on 6-6-2011 by thetiebers]
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Eureka!

Post by Dingo »

welcome to the sim.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Eureka!

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Raven0, Welcome to the game and forum. I have not done any modding but I have used modded ships made by others so they will be the best to help you.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Eureka!

Post by 49rTbird »

hello Raven0, I edited your first post due to language. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Raven0
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Eureka!

Post by Raven0 »

Sorry, will watch my language in the future.

I've done a few models and textures for other games before, and blender apparently can export to .x. The trick is getting the new models into the game without bugs. Are there any existing tools or guides? Any polygon limits? Scaling issues? Do model mods work in MP as client-side or are they handled by the server? I already have ideas bubbling away in my mind and would like to get started. Thanks for the quick replies.
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Eureka!

Post by Ravenfeeder »

There's quite a few discussions already on the forum regarding mods. You might like to look up posts by Warsign, Accountant, and Leatherpoker, amongst others.

Meanwhile, welcome to the game, and the forum.
Image And mad cat
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Eureka!

Post by BraveHart »

"Welcome Aboard RavenO"...you can even u2u the modders that Ravenfeeder mentioned ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Raven0
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Eureka!

Post by Raven0 »

Got it! Turns out the fighterpack I downloaded was not for EM. Experimented with capt_cronic's cylon raider and figured out the file structure. Orientation and scaling issues should be a matter of tweaking the mesh. Now I'll have to divide my free time between playing and modeling.... Looking forward to getting into MP, which seems to support custom models. Looks like anything that doesn't alter core settings is allowed.

[Edited on 6-6-2011 by Raven0]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Eureka!

Post by Marvin »

From post: 108205, Topic: tid=7633, author=Raven0 wrote:Now I'll have to divide my free time between playing and modeling....
;) Good luck with that one. If you figure it out, let me know and I'll pass it on to a few bleary-eyed mega-modders.
Raven0
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Eureka!

Post by Raven0 »

Foiled again by proprietary formats!!! I have the models and tools to convert to EM (even several variants of the Babylon 5 Starfury). I can convert to .x in blender which is unreadeable by EM. The reported fix for that is to filter through lithunwrap. Am I missing something here? Is there a reliable program to convert to EM's .x peculiarities?
Raven0
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Eureka!

Post by Raven0 »

I'll try posting in the modding section to get some feedback and go from there. Dunno why I didn't start there...