Hanger wish list

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanger wish list

Post by DaveK »

I've just started using hangers and it's taken a bit of time (and advice - thanks!) to not lose equipment left, right and centre!
  1. I would love to be able to store at least 8 (and preferably a lot more pieces of equipment) at one time - I could keep the "hard to find" pieces that I only want to use now an again)
  2. I would like to be able to store cargo
  3. I would like to be able to store my weapons (so that I can replace the Excalibur with a more suitabel secondary loadout for some missions without having to lose the Excalibur and have to hunt it out when I want it back)
    [/list=1]

In terms of "realism" I don't see why I can't pop anything I own into the hanger space I am hiring. In terms of being useful it would make the use of storage space much more versatile (for me at least)

And it wouldn't surprise me if some one replied to say I can do all of those things anyway :P:P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Hanger wish list

Post by Dingo »

I would like every station to have a beer fridge and sell Vonari bobble-heads.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanger wish list

Post by Marvin »

From post: 107739, Topic: tid=7610, author=Dingo79 wrote:I would like every station to have a beer fridge ....
:cool: That would probably cut into MMaggio's profits at his station in Sapphire. ;)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Hanger wish list

Post by Vice »

1.I would love to be able to store at least 8 (and preferably a lot more pieces of equipment) at one time - I could keep the "hard to find" pieces that I only want to use now an again)
Based on feedback, I am now starting to scale back cost reduction options such as this. That is, the desire for 'money sinks' seems to be pretty high, players are asking for requirements that cost more money. So for this example, you'll need to use more than one station to store more than 5 items at a time in a hangar (5 at one and 3 at another to hold 8 items, paying for both hangars).
2.I would like to be able to store cargo
Cargo is the first category of items available to store, just store what you want from your cargo bay.
3.I would like to be able to store my weapons (so that I can replace the Excalibur with a more suitabel secondary loadout for some missions without having to lose the Excalibur and have to hunt it out when I want it back)
Simply transfer the Excalibur to your cargo bay, then store it in the hangar. This option now works for both military and civilian frames.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanger wish list

Post by DaveK »

From post: 107743, Topic: tid=7610, author=Vice wrote:
1.I would love to be able to store at least 8 (and preferably a lot more pieces of equipment) at one time - I could keep the "hard to find" pieces that I only want to use now an again)
Based on feedback, I am now starting to scale back cost reduction options such as this. That is, the desire for 'money sinks' seems to be pretty high, players are asking for requirements that cost more money. So for this example, you'll need to use more than one station to store more than 5 items at a time in a hangar (5 at one and 3 at another to hold 8 items, paying for both hangars).

2.I would like to be able to store cargo
Cargo is the first category of items available to store, just store what you want from your cargo bay.

3.I would like to be able to store my weapons (so that I can replace the Excalibur with a more suitabel secondary loadout for some missions without having to lose the Excalibur and have to hunt it out when I want it back)
Simply transfer the Excalibur to your cargo bay, then store it in the hangar. This option now works for both military and civilian frames.
1: Fine - I like money sinks! Could we not have choice of hanger sizes in one station with appropriate rents or even just larger hangers with a higher rent. What about being able to hire multiple hangers at a station? I am happy paying lots!.

It could be (unnecessarily?) complicated to get a load out together if one had to fly from station to station, though I suppose I could double up on some equipment and have a (different) full load out at each station!

2: Thanks - once again I prove myself the master of missing the obvious! :P

3: How do I transfer it into my cargo bay? (will I ever stop being a newbie??? :P)
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hanger wish list

Post by Jack Dandy »

If you'd make it so you could see what economy types each system has in the Quadrant map, I'd really appreciate it as well, Vice.
We need to have a way to actually plan trade routes!

And Dave- There's a button in the Hangar that lets you switch between cargo and equipment storage.

[Edited on 5-26-2011 by Jack Dandy]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Hanger wish list

Post by Vice »

If you'd make it so you could see what economy types each system has in the Quadrant map, I'd really appreciate it as well, Vice.
We need to have a way to actually plan trade routes!
This was discussed (and debated) for quite a long time during the earlier days of Evochron and was eventually decided to keep requirements of travel for both obtaining system information (ie economy types) as well as inventory checking. This includes persistent travel for the latest market conditions/prices. Otherwise, such remote checking would require little more of the player than to just check a news screen and not actually explore to learn the best trade routes. Some may like it or hate it, but exploring for information like that is a pretty big part of gameplay.

Some compromises were made, such as the commodity ticker in the news console, which merely requires the player to be in the same sector (so as long as they just travel to the sector, they don't have to land or dock to get an idea of the commodity market conditions). And the economy value quadrant map in the navigation console for basic guidance on general pricing.

There's a lot more on this as well though, just run some forum searches for past discussions if you're interested.
3: How do I transfer it into my cargo bay? (will I ever stop being a newbie???
Right click on it instead of left clicking.
StarWraith 3D Games
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hanger wish list

Post by Jack Dandy »

You have an excellent point. But even when exploring, there really wasn't any place you could "write down" the different economy types you found in the systems.
It's a pretty big universe, and I found myself forgetting them.
I know there are sites that document the different economies, but checking them out is just spoiling the game.

I think the best compromise would be to make them show up on the Quadrant map only after visiting the systems, or even the planets themselves. A sort of upgradable database, maybe?

What do you think?

Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Hanger wish list

Post by Ravenfeeder »

It shouldn't take you long to learn which system, or systems, sell the cheapest, and buy at the best prices. IMHO, there are only three items worth trading. My memory, at 68 today, isn't of the best, but, even I can remember three items.

When you find your buying station/s buy a licene, it gives you a large discount on the purchase price. Never buy a licence at the station you intend to sell at as you will be providing the discount!
Image And mad cat
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Hanger wish list

Post by Vice »

I think the best compromise would be to make them show up on the Quadrant map only after visiting the systems, or even the planets themselves. A sort of upgradable database, maybe?

What do you think?
That would be possible, perhaps just a way to pull up nav map details for systems visited if it is primarily the planet economy class information you are interested. A lot of players also use the maplog for recording such information as it is basically a notepad you can use to record details and store important locations directly in the nav console database.
StarWraith 3D Games
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanger wish list

Post by DaveK »

From post: 107747, Topic: tid=7610, author=Vice wrote:
3: How do I transfer it into my cargo bay? (will I ever stop being a newbie???
Right click on it instead of left clicking.
Thank you :):):)
ImageImage
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanger wish list

Post by DaveK »

:):):):) Happy Birthday Ravenfeeder! :):):):)
ImageImage
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hanger wish list

Post by Jack Dandy »

From post: 107752, Topic: tid=7610, author=Vice wrote:
That would be possible, perhaps just a way to pull up nav map details for systems visited if it is primarily the planet economy class information you are interested. A lot of players also use the maplog for recording such information as it is basically a notepad you can use to record details and store important locations directly in the nav console database.
Exactly! Although basically, you're right about the maplog records being useful for that. Should've thought about that myself.. It would become pretty cluttered awful quick, though.

Would still love to see some sort of an "updatable database". That kind of thing in a game always encourages me (And other players, I'm sure) to explore every nook and cranny.

Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Hanger wish list

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Tks DaveK. :) Hic!
Image And mad cat
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanger wish list

Post by DaveK »

From post: 107759, Topic: tid=7610, author=Jack Dandy wrote:
From post: 107752, Topic: tid=7610, author=Vice wrote:
Would still love to see some sort of an "updatable database". That kind of thing in a game always encourages me (And other players, I'm sure) to explore every nook and cranny.

Like a planet I found in an uncharted system that depleted your shields even just sitting there after you landed - I just managed to land and enter before the shields went. I was OK whilst I was in the city "station" - I could even repair the shields and ship damage, but couldn't climb out of the atmosphere quickly enough to escape. It should have a "stay away" beacon in orbit! :P:P

[Edited on 27-5-2011 by DaveK]
ImageImage
Galaxian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hanger wish list

Post by Galaxian »

If it's possible, I'd like to see a system that allows access to any storage slot from any cargo bay or hardpoint on the ship.

And I'd second having more slots/hanger space available as well.

:)
- Galaxy Defense Industries -

Find out more --> Galaxy Defense Industries

*If the enemy is in weapons range, so are you.*