ENB Series Bloom DLL (EM)

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Leatherpoker
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Leatherpoker »

Hey everyone,

I've been playing around with a series of dx9 dlls that add a bloom effect. They are the ENB series dlls originally developed for GTA IV by Vorontsov Boris (enbdev.com), and they work quite well with EM.

Here is a link to them, if you'd like to try them out:
http://www.box.net/shared/co56cforn2

Just place the files into your main EM directory. You can edit various parameters using the ini file. The readme contains more info about the settings.

Props to Boris for these dlls!
LP

Without ENB Bloom:

With ENB Bloom:
Leatherpoker
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Leatherpoker »

Yeah, it is a subtle effect that isn't easily seen in the screenshots. It basically adds a "glare" to bright surfaces against dark backgrounds. You can see the glare on the support beam in the upper left and the nebula glare on the right support beam. You can increase the effect in the ini file, but then it gets hazy looking.
Hunter
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Hunter »

Thank!This modification is nice :)
Scavenger4711
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Scavenger4711 »

I liked the feature of motion blur. But unfotunately it seems you don't have some kind of dead-zone before motion blur starts to take effect. For example I wanted the motion blur to start at a speed of 1000.

Bloom effect is also quite cool. But does anyone know how to reduce the brightness in-game? What do I have to set how? Because in my opinion, things get a bit too bright when using bloom effect.
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jack Dandy »

This one looks great! Thank you for the mod.
gh0stwizard
Ensign
Ensign

Post by gh0stwizard »

This dll adds lags =(
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

I'm with Eclipse on this one, I like it better without the bloom effect, to much glare in my opinion. The Original with out the Bloom Effect looks cleaner and crisper to me......but thanks for sharing....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Viper
Captain
Captain

Post by Viper »

Sorry for the grave dig here, but this one caught my eye. The same dll was used in several Freelancer modifications like Plasmafire and Itano Circus.
You can decrease the intensity of the bloom by opening the 'enbseries.ini' configuration file in your game root folder. Assign lower values to entries under the [BLOOM] header.

And here's a quote from the readme that comes with the mod that may be helpful if you are experiencing graphical lag after installing the mod:
PERFORMANCE TIPS:
Do not use too high display resolution with ambient occlusion enabled, this effect directly depends from number of pixels on the screen.
By setting UseWaterDeep=0, UseOcclusions=0, ShadowQuality=2 rendering of the scene to depth deactivating and performance greatly increase.
Reflections with some imported car models may work very slow, because of too many polygons that currently proceeded several times, just wait for next releases, rendering reflections with cars itself will be done later.
Bloom almost not decrease game speed, use it as you wish.
Any filtering, for shadows or for ambient occlusions are very slow, try to set their quality=2 and check framerate, may be it will be good for you.
OcclusionQuality=0 set only if your videocard is realy fast, this is the most performance costly. By setting this parameter to 0 you may olso decrease filtering quality to 1 or even 2.
Personally I have always liked bloom mods, although I agree that it's a wee bit too much the way this one is set up. It would be nice I think though to see some form of balanced bloom in a future release of EM. :cool:
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
Kit
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kit »

I've been toying around with this mod for a day or so, and I love the effect, but I'm having some issues with it. With single player, loading into a new game and opening the pause/exit menu takes much longer with this mod installed than normal. On top of that, when I try to join a multiplayer server with this mod installed, the game just completely freezes up and forces me to close it using my task manager. I'm hoping someone might have an idea of how to fix it, since this doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else.
EN4CER
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EN4CER »

Yeah kit the solution for multiplayer is simple:

Before you click JOIN or double click the server name hold down SHIFT and press F12. This should disable the mod and allow you to load into multiplayer normally. Press SHIFT+F12 once you're in game to enable it again. Please note that when you open the task manager the program is NOT in the "Not responding" state. It's actually working. If you leave your computer and do a load of laundry it will eventually finish loading!

Are you happy with where you have your configuration? If so it wouldn't hurt to post the settings in the config file. I don't have mine where I'm happy with them yet.

[Edited on 8-8-2012 by EN4CER]
Kit
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kit »

So far, I've kept mine at default. Turning various other features on or off has either drastically increased lag or caused other graphical errors with the game, and I've been too nervous to dabble in the settings for each effect. I think I'll try turning down the bloom a little when I work up the courage, but I'm otherwise content with the settings where they are. Mind you, I've yet to spend any significant amount of time playing with the mod on, so my tune may yet change.