error 87

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
BaRtUc
Ensign
Ensign

error 87

Post by BaRtUc »

Ultimate. Phenom II 940, M3A79-T Deluxe, HD4850 , 4gb ddr2

Secondary pc: ultimate, athlon x2 4800+ , m3a-h with hd3200 (cat. 10.8) , 4gb ddr2. Game runs (slowly :D ) without problems

[Modificato il 9-19-2010 da BaRtUc]
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

error 87

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello BaRtUc, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

error 87

Post by 49rTbird »

Originally posted by Ohsirus
Originally posted by BaRtUc
Same problem here (Win7x64, catalyst 10.9, latest C++ , .NET and DirectX updates)

Which means "The parameter is incorrect"
Nothing changes using administrator rights or compatibility mode
What Cpu/Ram u have and which edition of win64? I'm running Ultimate.
Don't know if it would help but my Win7 machine has the files loaded as listed below:
C:\\Sw3dg\\EvochronMecenary\\EvochronMercenary.exe

All my Evochron games are stored in this way and work fine. Might be worth a try.
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

error 87

Post by Marvin »

This suggestion is a long shot ... but try doing a Windows Update for 32bit if you have the option.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

error 87

Post by Vice »

Also, do you see 3 mfc files in the game's install folder or only 2?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
BaRtUc
Ensign
Ensign

error 87

Post by BaRtUc »

Update: secondary pc with cat. 10.9, it still works
Originally posted by thetiebers
Hello BaRtUc, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Thanks
Don't know if it would help but my Win7 machine has the files loaded as listed below:

All my Evochron games are stored in this way and work fine. Might be worth a try.
I tried that already and it did not work. :(
Originally posted by Vice
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

What about DirectX?
Try to install last directx9: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... FCF9182431

I had a few problems with my Win7x64 and some games. After I installed it the problems disappeared.
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

error 87

Post by tha_rami »

W7x64 on a i3, ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5145 1GB - runs like the Pisces Navy runs from me.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

error 87

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi BaRtUc, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there...;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Ohsirus »

Tried everything mentioned again, still "paramater is not correct". Weird, cause I never get isolated problems like this and I consider myself a gamer. Changed the DEP setting to see if it would help, no change. Standard VGA driver, no change. Disabled USB sound, no change. Installed it on another pc, copied it to main, no result. My machine refuses to even attempt to run it, I would be happy for a screen flash or anything. At this point I think I'll just have to wait till the next patch.

[Edited on 9-19-2010 by Ohsirus]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

error 87

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by BaRtUc
Update: secondary pc with cat. 10.9, it still works
Thanks

I tried that already and it did not work. :(
I see only 1 mfc file....is that maybe the problem if there should be three...? Never mind I also only have 1 and mine is working eventhough only at low settings.....;):P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

Tried everything mentioned again, still "paramater is not correct". Weird, cause I never get isolated problems like this and I consider myself a gamer. Changed the DEP setting to see if it would help, no change. Standard VGA driver, no change. Disabled USB sound, no change. Installed it on another pc, copied it to main, no result. My machine refuses to even attempt to run it, I would be happy for a screen flash or anything. At this point I think I'll just have to wait till the next patch.

It must be something related to your Windows Ultimate installation. Don't you have any other HD where you could install Windows 7 again?

EDIT: I remembered another thing. Have you disabled Hyperthreading? Are you running with Intel Turbo Boost enabled? You could also consider disabling your c-states just for trying out.

[Edited on 19-9-2010 by Von Paulus]
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by Von Paulus

It must be something related to your Windows Ultimate installation. Don't you have any other HD where you could install Windows 7 again?

EDIT: I remembered another thing. Have you disabled Hyperthreading? Are you running with Intel Turbo Boost enabled? You could also consider disabling your c-states just for trying out.

[Edited on 19-9-2010 by Von Paulus]
I was thinking maybe, since I have the Virtual Extensions enabled in the bios, but this would be the first hiccup I'ver ever seen. If push comes to shove I will load another vanilla copy of WIN7 and test.
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

I was thinking maybe, since I have the Virtual Extensions enabled in the bios, but this would be the first hiccup I'ver ever seen. If push comes to shove I will load another vanilla copy of WIN7 and test.
When hyperthreading is enabled, I've seen in some games forums, people complaining more in terms of performance. But trying doesn't cost. I'd also disable the c-states and Intel Turbo Boost. I wouldn't have much hope, but we've to try all, after all this is PC gaming. What is your rig? An Asus motherboard? With 6 Gb, I assume you've a Bloomfield processor.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Ohsirus »

My latest overhaul from a q6600/gtx260

1. Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black Hard Drive - 1TB, 7200 RPM, 32MB, SATA-300 $ 94.99
2. Cooler Master V8 CPU Fan - Socket 1366/775/AM2/AM2+,1156, AM3 120mm Fan, Modular Aluminum Fins $ 49.99
3. Intel BX80605I7875K Core i7 875K Processor - 2.93GHz, LGA 1156, 8MB L3 Cache, Quad-Core, Lynnfield, Retail, No Fan, Unlocked Multiplier $ 349.99
4. Corsair XMS 6144MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz (3x2GB) $ 217.99
5. Asus P7P55D Pro Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, SATA 6GB/s, USB 3.0 $ 179.99
6. C283-1228 Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 Modular 850W PSU $139.99
7. E145-0482 EVGA GeForce GTX 480 SC 1536MB GDDR5 PCIe SLI Status $509.99
8. N500-2000 NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses Status $174.99
9. A179-2314 Acer GD235HZ bid 23.6" 1920X1080 Monitor 3D Ready $369.99
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

So you have a lynnfield and not a bloomfield. It's unsual to have 6GB with those because, you'll have to have 3 ram sticks, which means you're running in asynchronous mode. I really don't know if this affects a lot your performance, I sincerely doubt it. Anyway performance it's not the problem here.
Are you doing any kind of overclock or is everything running at stock speed? Did you installed any of the motherboard software, like ASUS EPU-6 Engine or ASUS TurboV EVO?
And what about those 3D glasses are you sure aren't interfering with it? I say this because I had also a problem with EM at launch. I discovered it was related with Radeon Pro, a third party tool for ATI. Everytime I force with RadeonPro, the DirectX triple buffer, EM won't start and give me an error.
If I use D3Doverrider, another utilitie to force DirectX triple buffer, I don't have that problem.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Ohsirus »

So you have a lynnfield and not a bloomfield. It's unsual to have 6GB with those because, you'll have to have 3 ram sticks, which means you're running in asynchronous mode. I really don't know if this affects a lot your performance, I sincerely doubt it. Anyway performance it's not the problem here.
Are you doing any kind of overclock or is everything running at stock speed? Did you installed any of the motherboard software, like ASUS EPU-6 Engine or ASUS TurboV EVO?
And what about those 3D glasses are you sure aren't interfering with it? I say this because I had also a problem with EM at launch. I discovered it was related with Radeon Pro, a third party tool for ATI. Everytime I force with RadeonPro, the DirectX triple buffer, EM won't start and give me an error.
If I use D3Doverrider, another utilitie to force DirectX triple buffer, I don't have that problem.
I disabled all those mentioned before and had the same result. Oddly I have ran out of ideas, short of a reinstall, which is too time consiming. It just bothers me that I've been able to run everything I've thrown at it @max, but I can't get EM out the gate. I can run it in a virtual appliance, but I know I'm missing alot of eye candy.
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

I can run it in a virtual appliance, but I know I'm missing alot of eye candy.
Yes, virtualization its not a solution in this case.
If you're going to fresh install W7, don't forget, only install the absolute needed drivers. Don't install joysticks, glasses, mouse, keyboard, camera, or any application besides EM. Only what's absolutely necessary. You might have to install DirectX. After that you can install and launch EM. If it's working, than begin to install one by one applications and the devices; don't forget to check it meanwhile, if EM is still running. I know, that sometimes, troubleshooting sucks. My job is repairing PCs, so I know the feeling... every day.

EDIT: If you've an hardisk available, even if it's an old one, I would try the install on it, instead your main. It wouldn't take long, and maybe you could figure what's wrong with your main W7's installation.

[Edited on 20-9-2010 by Von Paulus]
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Ohsirus »

I can run it in a virtual appliance, but I know I'm missing alot of eye candy.
Yes, virtualization its not a solution in this case.
If you're going to fresh install W7, don't forget, only install the absolute needed drivers. Don't install joysticks, glasses, mouse, keyboard, camera, or any application besides EM. Only what's absolutely necessary. You might have to install DirectX. After that you can install and launch EM. If it's working, than begin to install one by one applications and the devices; don't forget to check it meanwhile, if EM is still running. I know, that sometimes, troubleshooting sucks. My job is repairing PCs, so I know the feeling... every day.

EDIT: If you've an hardisk available, even if it's an old one, I would try the install on it, instead your main. It wouldn't take long, and maybe you could figure what's wrong with your main W7's installation.

[Edited on 20-9-2010 by Von Paulus]
Still haven't done a full reinstall, truth be told i feel my machine is fine, never had an issue till now. I think it's something in the way EM allocates memory to run that's incompatible with either my pc components/bios/something.
i'm just waiting on the next release.

[Edited on 9-23-2010 by Ohsirus]
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

I know what I'll suggest doesn't make any sense. But in desperate times we need desperate measures. Use just a pair of memory sticks in the blue sockets.
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

error 87

Post by tha_rami »

Error 87 seems to be related to errors with the %CLASSPATH% variable - it seems to be usually caused by too long a filepath, but that shouldn't be the problem here. The alternative is an incorrect parameter. Are you running a shortcut, or the .exe directly? And if so, could you try and run it from command line once?

Alternatively, the error might also be caused by your computer passing a certain parameter to the game that is incorrect. Did you do any obscure modifications to for example, your videocard driver or your registry? If not, rolling BACK your videocard driver one or two generations might help, too.

[Edited on 23-9-2010 by tha_rami]
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Ohsirus »

I know what I'll suggest doesn't make any sense. But in desperate times we need desperate measures. Use just a pair of memory sticks in the blue sockets.
I was thinking that also, not sure if its the DDR3 factor and the way my pc is configured. Also @ the rami, ran the .exe directly at all levels, command prompt, root drive, second hard drive, vga mode, safe mode,no USB devices present, etc. It will not attempt to execute, whatever is supposed to initialize first fails. I'm guessing memory.

[Edited on 9-23-2010 by Ohsirus]
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

Originally posted by tha_rami
Alternatively, the error might also be caused by your computer passing a certain parameter to the game that is incorrect.
[Edited on 23-9-2010 by tha_rami]
That's what I've always thought to be more probable.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

error 87

Post by Vice »

Yeah '87' is the parameter error, as though something is added to the command line to execute the program that is perceived as invalid. Oddly, it may have more to do with the different language in the OS than anything else. I'm still reading up on the problem and I'll post here as ideas come up. For now, there is a test we can try (and this may sound strange):

- Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > General > Languages > temporarily move the order of languages around (try English as the top for example) > click OK, then test launching the game.

- If the problem persists, restore the original settings. Some versions of Windows also let you change the default language in the OS itself. If this is an option for you, change the language to english, reboot, then try launching the game.

If either of these results in a successful launch, please post here with the results.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

error 87

Post by Von Paulus »

Yeah '87' is the parameter error, as though something is added to the command line to execute the program that is perceived as invalid. Oddly, it may have more to do with the different language in the OS than anything else. I'm still reading up on the problem and I'll post here as ideas come up. For now, there is a test we can try (and this may sound strange):

- Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > General > Languages > temporarily move the order of languages around (try English as the top for example) > click OK, then test launching the game.

- If the problem persists, restore the original settings. Some versions of Windows also let you change the default language in the OS itself. If this is an option for you, change the language to english, reboot, then try launching the game.

If either of these results in a successful launch, please post here with the results.
And what about the regional settings. Is it set for English? For example if I set my regional settings to Portuguese, they replace the decimal symbol "." with a "," which is use in may natural language.
I had a problem once with a game thanks to that.