Update!

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Aquila
Ensign
Ensign

Update!

Post by Aquila »

Got'em working. Perfect. Thank you Scavenger.
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Austin »

Very nice Scavenger! I replaced my Ludacris speed warp mod with this. Just too cool :)
Scavenger4711
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Scavenger4711 »

Hey guys, just a quick update:
I've renewed two downloadlinks from Netload that were expired and added downloadlinks for the Evochron Mercenary expansion (a.k.a. Evochron Mercenary 2) warp effects.
The effects for EM 2 are basically the same. The only thing that has changed is the file format.

So if you want to enjoy my effects in EM 2, please download the new version or, if you already have the old warp effects, convert them into png and throw them into your "...\\Evochron Mercenary 2\\ships\\"-directory.

Have a nice day or night or anything in between and enjoy the pure beauty of the imo best space-sim's bombshell! :)

[Edited on 7-12-2012 by Scavenger4711]
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Major Grubert »

Hi,
I know nothing about mods and so on... but i would like very much a "non-flashing" jump effect.... The actual warp effect bright to much for my eyes and after some jumps it have a "sleepy" effect (my eyes want close and my brain dont want get flashed anymore i guess...)

So... I'm searching for a dark jump effect.. :)

Like a black hole with tiny colored strings of matter goin around... but no big white flash :)

A black flash then :)

Dunno if someone can make this.
Scavenger4711
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Scavenger4711 »

From post: 150849, Topic: tid=6895, author=Major Grubert wrote:Hi,
I know nothing about mods and so on... but i would like very much a "non-flashing" jump effect.... The actual warp effect bright to much for my eyes and after some jumps it have a "sleepy" effect (my eyes want close and my brain dont want get flashed anymore i guess...)

So... I'm searching for a dark jump effect.. :)

Like a black hole with tiny colored strings of matter goin around... but no big white flash :)

A black flash then :)

Dunno if someone can make this.
Hey there!

So if I understood you correctly, you want a jumpeffect without the lensflare in the middle and instead of fading to white you want it to fade to black?

For the warp effects to fade to black, all you have to do is to create a txt file in you EM-installation directory and call it "hidefade.txt". After you've done this open it and write a "1" (without the "") inside the file and save it.
Now all your warp effects should fade to black rather than white.

As for the effect and lens flare I'll look into it ;)
Meanwhile perhaps you could try one of the Star Wars effects. It's not really a "black hole effect" but I think it comes close to it ^^
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Major Grubert »

Thanks a lot

gonna try this

yes the lens-flare and the white flashing effect, i'm kind of photosensitive (very bright lights can hurt me like headache)

I'm gonna investigate your propositions.

In my main folder I dont find the "Ships" one... I guess i put it another place or... dunno :) gosh...
Scavenger4711
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Scavenger4711 »

From post: 150852, Topic: tid=6895, author=Major Grubert wrote: [...]
In my main folder I dont find the "Ships" one... I guess i put it another place or... dunno :) gosh...
If you don't have a "ships"-folder inside your EM-Installation directory, then simply create one and put the files in there ;)

So in the end the files (warp2.png and warp3.png) should be located in "...\\Evochron Mercenary\\ships\\".
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Major Grubert »

I tried already,

It is much better than before !! For me I mean...

There is still a little flash at start and end but the whole screen didn't get flashing all the room at all.... :) when you have a big screen this flash can be viewed from across the street :)

My eyes thanks you a lot !
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Major Grubert »

From post: 150853, Topic: tid=6895, author=Scavenger4711 wrote:
If you don't have a "ships"-folder inside your EM-Installation directory, then simply create one and put the files in there ;)

So in the end the files (warp2.png and warp3.png) should be located in "...\\Evochron Mercenary\\ships\\".
Ok i see,
thanks a lot again

maybe with Gimp i could create a custom dark warp effect for my eyes only...

those are .png files with transparent background ?
Scavenger4711
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Scavenger4711 »

From post: 150855, Topic: tid=6895, author=Major Grubert wrote:I tried already,

It is much better than before !! For me I mean...

There is still a little flash at start and end but the whole screen didn't get flashing all the room at all.... :) when you have a big screen this flash can be viewed from across the street :)

My eyes thanks you a lot !
You're welcome ;)

I've tried around a bit but haven't been able to disable the lensflare effect... dunno wether there really is a way to do so, but I'll keep trying ;)

Maybe another tip for you: If you're really sort of photosensitive, as you said, you might want to have a look at the ENB-Series mod. There you can decrease the in-game brightness and color saturation. That might help as well ;)
Here's the link: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8707
From post: 150856, Topic: tid=6895, author=Major Grubert wrote:
From post: 150853, Topic: tid=6895, author=Scavenger4711 wrote:

Ok i see,
thanks a lot again

maybe with Gimp i could create a custom dark warp effect for my eyes only...

those are .png files with transparent background ?
Yep, those are png-files calles "Warp2.png" for the simple jumpdrive effect and "Warp3.png" for the jumpgate warp effect. As for the transparent background... I'm not quite sure but ingame it seems to be smi-transparent ^^

[Edited on 8-12-2012 by Scavenger4711]
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Major Grubert »

Ok,
I've done some test, it look really doable to have a dark-warp-effect, even for a noob like me about graphic things... :)

Only the lens flare seems hard coded or something... dunno... i'm open to all solutions :)

Will maybe post my warp effects here for other dark effect fans :)
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Major Grubert »

If you wanna try my file you can take it at this link

warp2
Scavenger4711
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Scavenger4711 »

From post: 151005, Topic: tid=6895, author=Major Grubert wrote:If you wanna try my file you can take it at this link

warp2
Nice one! I like it! :cool:

I've put an in-game screenshot in here, for others to see what it looks like.
I hope you don't mind. If yes, just tell me so and I will delete it immediately ;)
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Major Grubert »

No problemo amigo :)

I just dunno how to take it by myself :)

I linked this thread on the GQC blog/site.

There is still this leans flare i would like to disable... if someone have an idea just drop it :)
Cargo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Update!

Post by Cargo »

From post: 139587, Topic: tid=6895, author=Scavenger4711 wrote:Hey guys! New warp effect!
Based on the idea of Malix in FinalFrontier's "New Warp Effect"-thread (http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8950) I created this one right here:

Evochron Mercenary 1.x:
Download Standard Effects: http://netload.in/dateiNBMxIUXbHB/Warp_ ... rd.zip.htm
Download Additional Textures: http://netload.in/dateiudCNEpkema/Warp_ ... as.zip.htm
Download LowRes Standard Effects: http://netload.in/dateiIL9YcWz28o/Warp_ ... es.zip.htm
Download LowRes Additional Textures: http://netload.in/datei5JAESBoTuz/Warp_ ... es.zip.htm

Evochron Mercenary 2.x (Expansion):
Download Standard Effects: http://netload.in/dateip0LDX4nry1/EM2_W ... rd.zip.htm
Download Additional Textures: http://netload.in/dateieTqqsJdOGF/EM2_W ... as.zip.htm
Download LowRes Standard Effects: http://netload.in/datei0bBqYez7ee/EM2_W ... es.zip.htm
Download LowRes Additional Textures: http://netload.in/dateia3LE8eXPp8/EM2_W ... es.zip.htm

The LowRes files are recommended for everyone who encounters bugs or other problems when installing the standard version of this mod.

[Edit] I've uploaded all the other warp effects to File Dropper and updated all the links because woofiles doesn't seem to exist anymore. I hope it works. If not, you can still try to download it from SeeJay's website. There is a link to his site below everyone of my download links.

[Edit2] File Dropper doesn't work either :D
Now I created an account on Netload and I hope that now my files will stay there, at least a bit longer than on File Dropper. They'll remain on the servers for 30 days when nobody requests them.
All the other links have been updated now.
Thanks to Royz for notifying me :)

Have fun!

These look and work great, Thank You Scavenger!

---
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Update!

Post by Zach »

I've been using these and they are nice. The fade to black works well with it . Although I am wondering if its possible to get rid of that point of light in the middle of the screen?

Or at least find out what image file it is, so I can tone it down.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Update!

Post by Marvin »

From the Customizing Kit's ReadMe:
To change the jump drive effect, create a text file named hidefade.txt in the game's install folder where the EvochronMercenary.exe file is located and include either the number 1 or 2 in the first line:

1 = Fades the warp tunnel to black rather than white. Only the central lens flare effect remains visible.

2 = Removes the fade effect entirely, only the warp tunnel and lens fare effect remain visible.
But, to get rid of the lense flare, you need to replace two files in the ships folder (flare.png and flare2.png) with blanks.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Update!

Post by Maarschalk »

Cool, thanks for sharing!.....;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Update!

Post by Zach »

From post: 158257, Topic: tid=6895, author=Marvin wrote:From the Customizing Kit's ReadMe:
To change the jump drive effect, create a text file named hidefade.txt in the game's install folder where the EvochronMercenary.exe file is located and include either the number 1 or 2 in the first line:

1 = Fades the warp tunnel to black rather than white. Only the central lens flare effect remains visible.

2 = Removes the fade effect entirely, only the warp tunnel and lens fare effect remain visible.
But, to get rid of the lense flare, you need to replace two files in the ships folder (flare.png and flare2.png) with blanks.
I tried replacing the files. Nothing happened :(

The flair is still there when jumping or using gates
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Update!

Post by Marvin »

Which folder did you use when replacing the files?
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Update!

Post by Zach »

\\ships\\

of course.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Update!

Post by 49rTbird »

From post: 158327, Topic: tid=6895, author=Zach wrote:\\ships\\

of course.
I opened the two files in the customizing kit with paint. I blacked out everything and saved them. I will try them tonight and let you know if it worked.:):(:)

UPDATE!! that did NOT work. I am at a loss as to how to do it now.:o:(

[Edited on 2-8-2013 by thetiebers]
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Update!

Post by Zach »

Yeah I tried several different things.

transparent file, black background, 32bit vs 8bit (PNG), blacking out the originals..

Guess its hard coded or something?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Update!

Post by Marvin »

:o Well, I thought I'd read about such a fix a few months back. Looks like I was wrong.
Zach
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Update!

Post by Zach »

Looked over the text file, and it makes sense to me why, at least, flare.png would have no effect.

flare.png is the flare for counter measures.

flare2.png is for "warp flash sparkle", I think I know what that is but I don't know how to describe it, but I think it is part of the war funnels effect, and has nothing to do with the flare in the center of the screen.