X52

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by 49rTbird »

Use Bands? :o
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by Maarschalk
Originally posted by SeeJay
Thanks Maarschalk!

However, that is not how that checkbox works. From the manual:

"To change the way your clutch works, check or uncheck the
Latched Clutch Button checkbox in the Clutch Settings panel
and then click Apply.
When the box is checked, pressing and releasing the clutch
deactivates the buttons in the game in progress. To reactivate
the buttons, you must press and release the clutch again.
When the box is unchecked, the buttons are deactivated in
the game only as long as the clutch is depressed. When you
release the clutch, pressing buttons once again affects the
game in progress."

Have you really gotten that to work? If so, is it checked or unchecked?

Thanks,
SeeJay
Yes, I got it to work, with the box unchecked and I have been using it for a long time to turn IDS on and of as a regular button. There was some where on line on other Forums describing how to do this. I forgot where I got the info. Unfortunetly since last nigth my X52 Stick is not working only the Throttle and MFD is working....So I have at the moment noway to figure out how I did it till I get it fixed...;)
OK, to do this you have to have the latest driver. With the latest driver there are 2 clutch button check boxes. The top check box is for enabaling and disabeling the clutch and the bottom one is for latching and unlatching. The old drivers have just the latching check box.

But I have a bigger problem now with my X52. The throttle buttons are all working and the sticks buttons are not. the lights all come on when I plug the USB connector half way and go of on the stick only when completely plugged in and none of the buttons on the stick works. Any one got any Idea how to fix this?

[Edited on 8-22-2010 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by MMaggio »

Of course, you could always send it in for repair. They do have a repair facility here in the USA.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

X52

Post by Ohsirus »

TRy a different port or different PC.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by SeeJay »

Thanks for all the help with the Clutch issue. I will check my drivers tonight.

/SeeJay:P
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

OK, I checked different ports on different PC. Opened up the bottom of both throttle and stick checked all the wires, checked the PS2 Cable with a ohm meter and all wires seem solid. Problem persist on both computers.:o:(:(:(:(
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

SeeJay
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by SeeJay »

Thanks a lot Maarschalk!

I followed your instructions and updated the drivers for the X52. Now it works beautifully.

I owe you one pal.

/SeeJay (One happy space aviator).:P
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL, no problem, any time........now if only I can get my X52 back to working properly........;):P

[Edited on 8-18-2010 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

OK, I got it fixed, I'm back in bussiness. It was the PS2 cable. Eventhough I measured a connection on all the wires with an ohm meter, one of the wires had a higher resistance then the others but still showed a connection and I thought this was because of a resistor. Just in case I ordered a new cable and it came today plugged it in and woala....my x52 is working again.......;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, that is why I wanted to stay with unpluging it from the USB port to reset the drifting issue. Unplugging and plugging the PS2 cable repeatedly must have contributed to a faulty pin.....;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

I played today for an hour testing my X52 with the new PS2 cable. cost was only $3.62 and that includes $2.09 for shipping so the cable it self was $1.53 for a longer and sturdier cable. No drifting issues so far.
As for rerouting the wires, mine do not seem to be passing close to the potentio meters and if they are I do not see any way to reroute them without involving soldering to lengthen the wires for rerouting. I hope that the drifting was due to the old PS2 cable being lousy from the start. Only time will tell now.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Sinbad
Commander
Commander

X52

Post by Sinbad »

Is PS2 cable the one which connects the joystick to the throttle?

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by MCCON
Is PS2 cable the one which connects the joystick to the throttle?
Yep, that is the one, I got my replacement cable online from cablewholesale.com.......;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

darcsyde83
Ensign
Ensign

X52

Post by darcsyde83 »

was this thread about the X52 or X52 Pro?

I got the X52 Pro and i have the drifting problem. I'm not entirely sure its my controller that's doing it at this point. Tried nearly everything i can think of and then some from suggestions from boards and its not resolved.

Reaction time when translated from the stick to game is top notch but coming out of a turn suddenly to go straight even after the stick has centered the craft continues to "drift" in the same direction nearly 180 degrees and counter steering is driving me mad!!!
Only the X, Y, and Z axis do this.

tried putting up with it for now "like trying to pilot a modern space shuttle as the F22 Raptor" but its not working too well. even easy kill missions "2-4 enemies average" are nearly impossible solo.

suppose you could imagine the thrusters pumping out 100% power going into a maneuver and only half power or less when its time to pull out of it.

Sorry trying to explain in detail with whats going on is harder then just showing someone haha..

EDIT: My ps2 cable that came with controller is about 4 feet long stretched all the way around laptop. i don't think its pulling interference as others have suggested.
EDIT:EDIT: Should have added this in the beginning. i'm playing EM.

[Edited on 9-23-2010 by darcsyde83]

[Edited on 9-23-2010 by darcsyde83]
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Core i5 750, Intel DP55WB, 4x 2GB Corsair XMS3 dual channel DDR3 PC10666, EVGA Geforce 470 GTX 1280MB GDDR5, WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA-3G 32MB, Win 7 Pro,
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

The drifting issue is a common problem you can unplug the PS2 Cable from the back of the stick to reset the drifting Issue in game. But I recommend doing it from your USB port and exiting to Windows desktop to reactivate your profile and then return to game....To minimize the drifting issue you can try also setting a small deadzone margin and sensitivity in game....;):cool:

[Edited on 9-23-2010 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

darcsyde83
Ensign
Ensign

X52

Post by darcsyde83 »

i set the deadzone the day i unpacked the controller. every stick i've owned always had some sort of play in the stick from not being perfectly centered during calibration that caused that kind of drifting its just to keep the craft still wile i'm not actively trying to make it move.

this kind however only shows it's ugly face when i make a move. real life make a hard turn "game makes hard turn" pull out "game keeps turning for about 1-3 seconds depending on how hard the initial turn was made" then try to counter steer and keep overshooting whatever your trying to aim at by a lot.

Slow methodical moves like extreme range shooting helps negate that effect "the drifting is still present but it's totally related to how hard i throw the stick and try leveling out afterwords" but your too much of a target when your not moving around very fast.

p.s. didn't know vista had blue screen of death. was writing this and playing with stick settings and got that glorious blue screen and system shut off haha. 1st time since win98/me since i seen it...

Core i5 750, Intel DP55WB, 4x 2GB Corsair XMS3 dual channel DDR3 PC10666, EVGA Geforce 470 GTX 1280MB GDDR5, WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA-3G 32MB, Win 7 Pro,
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL....so far I have yet to see an operating system that does not have a Screen of Death, Blue and Black are common, any other non modified colors out there?....:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

darcsyde83
Ensign
Ensign

X52

Post by darcsyde83 »

Originally posted by darcsyde83
i set the deadzone the day i unpacked the controller. every stick i've owned always had some sort of play in the stick from not being perfectly centered during calibration that caused that kind of drifting its just to keep the craft still wile i'm not actively trying to make it move.

this kind however only shows it's ugly face when i make a move. real life make a hard turn "game makes hard turn" pull out "game keeps turning for about 1-3 seconds depending on how hard the initial turn was made" then try to counter steer and keep overshooting whatever your trying to aim at by a lot.

Slow methodical moves like extreme range shooting helps negate that effect "the drifting is still present but it's totally related to how hard i throw the stick and try leveling out afterwords" but your too much of a target when your not moving around very fast.
On a side note Miaz asked me to check my controller in EL and there identical issues

Vice
Administrator
Administrator

X52

Post by Vice »

Here is a program I put together a while back to help test/diagnose joysticks that you might find useful:

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... Config.zip

Extract the file and place it in the save data folder for the game (default c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronMercenary). When you run the program, it will load your current joystick control profile you use for the game and lets you monitor the exact signal inputs from the joystick. If the joystick is left centered but the values are not at 0 for roll, 0 for pitch, and 0 for yaw, then the joystick is not centering correctly. You can change the control settings in the game, then exit and relaunch this program to test the new settings.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
darcsyde83
Ensign
Ensign

X52

Post by darcsyde83 »

nice! ill give it a shot.

darcsyde83
Ensign
Ensign

X52

Post by darcsyde83 »

Having trouble uploading a vid of the readout from the utility to give ya a hint of whats goin on with my controller.

ill keep trying and see if it uploads.

Vice
Administrator
Administrator

X52

Post by Vice »

Where are you uploading it to? Youtube works if you need that.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
darcsyde83
Ensign
Ensign

X52

Post by darcsyde83 »

uploading to youtube lol.. wireless network sometimes has a fit cause neighbor has wireless too..
should prob change channels.. when i can get out of my lazy streak lol

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52

Post by Maarschalk »

Down loaded it and tried to see what happens when my joystick starts drifting or acting up. It has started again but always after an hour or so of play and the program shows the numbers moving all over the place and the joystick just will not center until I unplug it and plug it back in like it is not receiving or transmitting the centering signal.....It shows it centering fine in the beginning very solid centering and also very solid centering after unplugging and replugging. But once it acts up there is noway to make it center other then unplugging....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats: