Mods download page

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Mods download page

Post by verbosity »

Hi,

I'm thinking of making a single mod download page, so users can have a single (Searchable) list for mods. I'm also hoping at some point that this could be incorporated into the launcher, So I'm wondering how you guys ( esp the mod making peeps) feel about this.

A couple of points to note.
1. mods will only be in the list by their owners permissions, and the mod creators will be able to change/update/delete details/files.
2.any files must be owned by the creator ( or they must have permissions), The creator must also note what sort of licencening the files they have created have.

Probably missed something important, so thoughts comments critical points etc welcome :)

----------------------------------------------------
If it has enough support ( from the mod makers ), then It would probably be up sometime next week ( once I've finished the rebuild of the userlogin system)
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Accountant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Mods download page

Post by Accountant »

I love this idea. Right now the various mods are spread throughout the forums and difficult to find. It would be great to have a single repository, sort of a one-stop-shop, for people to search and download mods.

It would be great if this was supported by Vice with a link from a forum post and/or from the Legends webpage.

If this happens, you can count on my two (soon three, hopefully) mods to be on your page.

-Accountant
Enforcing GAAP in the outer systems since 2407.

Callsigns: [CPA]Accountant and Dark Helmet
Mods: EL Observation Cockpit | Dragonfly | Swallow | ER/EL Hud Mod | Sphere and Sphere Cockpit
chrislove01
Ensign
Ensign

Mods download page

Post by chrislove01 »

Great idea, ideal, the forum can be a little daunting for n00bs like me
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mods download page

Post by Marvin »

This forum? It sounds like a good idea ... most places I visit have a dedicated "mods" section. Another good idea might be to change the "Today's Posts" option to an "Unread" option ... allowing the viewer to go directly to new posts, no matter how long it's been since he/she last visited the forum.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Mods download page

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Marvin
This forum? It sounds like a good idea ... most places I visit have a dedicated "mods" section.
Actually I was thinking of doing it on verbsleagues with an option to use the launcher to implement the files ( if possible).

there is no reason that it couldn't be incorporated into this forum, though thats up to vice.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Mods download page

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by verbosity
This forum? It sounds like a good idea ... most places I visit have a dedicated "mods" section.
Actually I was thinking of doing it on verbsleagues with an option to use the launcher to implement the files ( if possible).

there is no reason that it couldn't be incorporated into this forum, though thats up to vice.
I thought we already had a dedicated mods section!
called "Warsigns mods" LOL:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Mods download page

Post by DennyMala »

This forum? It sounds like a good idea ... most places I visit have a dedicated "mods" section. Another good idea might be to change the "Today's Posts" option to an "Unread" option ... allowing the viewer to go directly to new posts, no matter how long it's been since he/she last visited the forum.
Fully support this and I may add that many times there are two separate sections for discussin' mods that are under work and searchin'/donwloading mods. A sort of working area and a DB.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
warsign
Captain
Captain

Mods download page

Post by warsign »

DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Mods download page

Post by DennyMala »

Something that way indeed.
Otherwise it can be difficult to get the latest version or browse through all the comments.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala