importing .x files

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
reaper2040
Ensign
Ensign

importing .x files

Post by reaper2040 »

I read somewhere that the ccpit.x in Vice's customizing kit is only the dash panel where the gauges reside. I thought "perfect place to start!" I can build a cockpit around this and then change the dash after. The problem is that I cannot import the ccpit.x into anything. I have tried MetaseQ, Blender, trueSpace, 3DS Max, Maya, and about half a dozen demos of other programs, all to no avail.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone successfully imported any of the .x files in the customizing kit?
Accountant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

importing .x files

Post by Accountant »

Hi Reaper,

I never found any 3D modelling software that could satisfactorily import .x files. However, Vice did include ccpit.mqo in the customizing kit, and this file can be opened in MetaseQ. It is the same model found in the .x file, but in a usable format.

-Accountant
Enforcing GAAP in the outer systems since 2407.

Callsigns: [CPA]Accountant and Dark Helmet
Mods: EL Observation Cockpit | Dragonfly | Swallow | ER/EL Hud Mod | Sphere and Sphere Cockpit
reaper2040
Ensign
Ensign

importing .x files

Post by reaper2040 »

Originally posted by Accountant
Hi Reaper,

I never found any 3D modelling software that could satisfactorily import .x files. However, Vice did include ccpit.mqo in the customizing kit, and this file can be opened in MetaseQ. It is the same model found in the .x file, but in a usable format.

-Accountant
Thanks Accountant

I did not notice that file before. Now the real work begins...
Ali Fish
Ensign
Ensign

importing .x files

Post by Ali Fish »

u can also import .x and export files into a program called Deep Exploration. i use this program on occasion for rendering purposes, though it has no modelling functions.