Vote for your cockpit!!!!!!

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.

Total votes: 0

warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

YOU ARE SO FUNNY GUYS....

Play which cockpit you want.

Vice gives us this opportunity, we are looking for an alternative cockpits for the game.

But, I understood second time, no need to create something useful. Just played the game.

Project has cancelled... Everything is perfect now.

Thank you for participate.

[Edited on 2-27-2009 by warsign]
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Daedalao »

Warsign, create the damned mod :P

If you don't do it, I won't finish my model :P

[Edited on 2-27-2009 by Daedalao]
spelk
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by spelk »

Building custom content for the game isn't a snub towards the originally designed cockpit by Vice, its more a celebration that Vice built the game as modularised and configurable as it is. He's opened the games interface to anyone who wants to have a go, he even creates customisation kits, because people like to tinker if they can.

For me, it brings you closer to the game, because not only can you play a part in its evolution via these forums, and the unique close relationship you have with the developer, but you can also play a part in developing customised parts for the game.. before any mods are installed the player comes to the game as it is, designed by Vice, and the player will decide on whether to buy the game based on that premise. And theres plenty of people here who have bought the game based on the original design.

I don't think Warsign's poll was intended as a insult or a shunning of Vice's original design, he was just having a bit of fun by asking the community what cockpit mod he should begin work on. From the current state of the poll, it seems there is an affinity for the Raptor idea.

I personally think we should encourage more mod development, because it only adds to the flavour and diversity for the game, it promotes even more interest in the game, if there are ways to personally enhance the interface.. and it solidifies the community even more, because more and more people are dipping their toes into the games configuration and ultimately are playing the game more, coming up with more idea suggestions..

So, Kudos to Vice for not only giving us a game we enjoy playing, and can be a part of its evolution, but also for providing us with the tools to customise the said game, and become even closer to it and its design vision. Kudos to Warsign for having the enthusiasm and drive to offer a choice of cockpits that he will spend time and effort on developing. Warsign, when you're ready, close your poll, and begin the work, we're all looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Originally posted by PingBosun
Well 2 votes for TGPE (The Greatest Progammer Ever) but I must confess I do like warsigns hud mod with the energy/shield in percentages rather than just the bar.
Vice gave this opportunity too.
Actually he did it, I used it in my HUD MOD...

Every piece of thing we did it called mods, actually he did it.
Without customizing kit, we couldn't...

[Edited on 2-27-2009 by warsign]
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Originally posted by Daedalao
Warsign, create the damned mod :P

If you don't do it, I won't finish my model :P

[Edited on 2-27-2009 by Daedalao]
I always finish your model, no need to finish this darn mode!!!
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Actually, my goal is to find most wanted cockpit for players and build it for Legends.

I don't mean one-to-one copy of another game's existing cockpit.
I want to create more functional and enjoying cockpit.

X3 has no cockpit (still), they are dying to find one :)
I did 5 cockpit for Renegades already, all were only my creation.

Existing cockpit of Legends is good, I didn't say anything to it.
But I don't see a wrong thing to improve it...
Or modding it, we don't do it w/o permission of the game creator Vice.

Vice didn't participate to my Mod page anymore, I noticed it already.
May be he is thinking the same things???
WeirdWill
Ensign
Ensign

Post by WeirdWill »

I voted naturally for my wing commander cockpit proposal :) But it seems to get the raptor cockpit which is a good choice for me too. It will fit well in the evochron ships designs!
-The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible-
Arthur C. Clarke
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Daedalao »

Warsign, if you make the cockpit I'll make frames to go with it ;)

I think that you should carry forward with your mods! I enjoy some diversity :D
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Is it possible to intergrate all six cockpits as part of the different Hull frames
to ad more variety to the Game ships, so for example you get a Talon with Carwash's Cockpit and Levithian with Warsign's Levithian HEAVY_NOSTRUT Cockpit, I liked these two, and the six on this list for the other Hull frames. Or another Idea, add them as upgrade options in the Shipyard! Might be a lot of work!, Just some suggestions!

Love the Game ER, Tried all Huds and Cockpits available, Nice work every one.

:P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zenith »

So...I take it the project is cancelled? Simply because of a few "hey, I need attention, look at me!" posts, bloody typical that, talk about messing it up for the rest of us...yeah thanks guys, appreciate it. What's next? Juggling deadly knives while simultaneously derailing someone's ideas? Wait...never mind, you've likely already got that one pinned down, excuse the pun.

Don't give up Warsign, Vice isn't offended by user added content, and why would he be? If he was, there wouldn't be a customisation kit available. In any case, it's widely known that he supports and encourages user content, and if anyone else doesn't like it, well, they don't have to download it now do they?

Just my two pennyworth, but I'm sure I speak for the majority here (knife jugglers aside) when I say that we want this project to continue.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Vice didn't participate to my Mod page anymore, I noticed it already.
May be he is thinking the same things???
The game is designed to be modded and even this section of the forum is designated for modding, so I welcome modifications (particularly the kind of original work you've come up with warsign) to the game and enjoy seeing what others come up with for design ideas.

At the moment, I've been tackling a nightmare of coding to make sure the mod options work correctly for the next update, implementing hangars, ship templates, multiple control devices, while managing a mountain of e-mail. So my lack of interaction on the forum just has a lot to do with my busy schedule.

So don't be discouraged warsign, you have plenty of interested players who really want to see a project like this go forward.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

????.....I never saw any thing about Warsign giving up...So if you thought about it...don't...I'm looking forward to the next mod Warsign!
Pastro
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pastro »

Thanks for your job warsign! I vote for raptor's cockpit. The style is the more similar for evochcron. Your job gives you more variety and realism to the game. Go on!

[Editado el 28-2-09 por Pastro]