Which do you use?: DSL or Wireless

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).

Total votes: 0

BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

I am posting this poll to see who is using DSL or Wireless and your opinion of which one you use.

After using this new wireless connection to play on MP for the past several days and nights I have decided that DSL is the best way to go hands down. Way too many lost connections have happened to me using this wireless connection and I believe it is because of the Fluctuating signal strength.

I am curious to know how well the service works for those who also use a wireless connection to play MP in Evochron.

So please take the time to click on the one service that you use....and post your opinion....Thank You ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

I use DSL! You couldn't get me to use wireless if you paid me. I've been as member of this forum for 5yrs and I can tell you that more problems arise from wireless routers than any other source.
Not to mention the vulnerability of wireless. I can't see any advantage to wireless other than the lack of cables. I run 4 PC's thru my router, but I wouldn't even think of going wireless! And I can't see why anybody would want a "wireless" unless they wanted to sit out on the porch with their LapTop but not to plaY games!!!!
Five minutes of a logical thought process should make it clear why "wireless" is not good for games!:P
...Have fun...
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Strange as it may seem my desktop that is hardwired to my router works worse than my laptop useing the wireless on the game America's Army. I have not tried Renegades on my laptop due to having it on my desktop. Maybe I need a NEW Desktop (lol).
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
shewter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by shewter »

Wireless now in rural AZ. Pretty much the only option here.Never had any connection problems with it though
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Good point, Shewter.
I defer to those who live in rural areas and don't have access to cable.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
PingBosun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by PingBosun »

I have a wireless router whivch I use on my laptop, but I use the wired PC to it. The router is wired to the modem, so no problems there.

Mind you I am on 20 meg Broadband
Buback
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buback »

Wireless (A)DSL .... hard to say what i really using, cuz itsnt my :( .... anyway is slow as hell 60-70kB/s and im on edge of signal so for MP ill should have to move closer to router :(
BENERICK
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by BENERICK »

I cant really vote I have a DSL connection to internet and a wifi network setup for my home.
AKA [SD] SolarWing
Leader of Blitzturm Squadron
Second in Command of SD Clan
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Dsl of course.

I still remember, my friend Bravehart lived bad experiences with wireless long time ago.

[Edited on 6-2-2009 by warsign]
GAlex
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GAlex »

DSL only for my desktop that doesn't have wireless connection and my other pc is a eeepc701 which is not suited for games.

but for a technical point of view, and excluding security concerns about wifi, the speed of the download connections are at the moment the same, but if your wifi-board hasn't a good signal power or if the router is too much distant or shielded by too many walls or floors, the upload speed will drop dramatically and many packages will be lost.
- \"Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas\" (Virgilio)
matthewfarmery
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by matthewfarmery »

DSL as well, no problems with it
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

I have cable Modem and wireless router, some times I have bad connections but that is mostly because the four computers in our home are all wireless taking up bandwidth and also mine is in the basement furthest from the router!
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good