couple of thoughts about ER

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
gietek
Ensign
Ensign

couple of thoughts about ER

Post by gietek »

Hi,
I want to share some ideas with you. This is not what I expect to be done/considered in future releases of the game - just few thoughts that perhaps could add some new challenge or so. I'm a dreamer and like to think about different possibilities so don't take much notice :-)

1. A kind of bard could be added to the game - they would be extremely hard to find (let's say only 1-3 of them appearing at once) and provide some extremely rare (and expensive)items such as art or exotic goods etc. Since life in Evochron is not limited to trade/contracts/mining and people need to make themselves happy, bards can offer entertiment which is extremely desirable for those who live in stations/cities. Let us face the truth - sand and rocks of planets or asteroids aren't very entertaining. Packed up cities and claustrophobic space stations can only lower people morale and cause unhappiness.
So, those who meet bards can earn milions buying piece of art or other materials.

2. There could be public transportation system throughout Evochron. A space shuttle that can transport passengers between systems/stations/cities and have to be protected from bandits (I don't know - maybe that's already implemented in moderate/hostile systems?) People need to migrate and not everybody can fly a space ship.
Contracts would be available for those who want to protect space shuttles. Money would be substantial but no one would be allowed to abandon the trip. Otherwise one can noticeably loose reputation and no such contracts would be availabe for a long long time and perhaps docking to stations/cities in specific quadrant would not be permitted for this period. They would be contracts of great importance (hundreds of lives involved) so before undertaking them one should think twice and reconsider their abilities.
To get from Station A to Jump Gate A and from Jump Gate B to Station B would take a lot of time so it would be necessary for space shuttles to gain the ability to open their own temporary jum gates.

3. Any Easter Eggs in the game? Abandoned Protoss Nexus, ancient Mayan pyramid/temple, John Locke's wheelchair - any of these? ;-)

4. What about cosmic storms? Huge and deadly lightnings could happen in dangerous areas. One time you fly peacefully through Rivoch and next minute sort of energy gathers all around you forcing you to escape the area. Nice.

What do you say to that?