multiplayer

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
MeOp
Ensign
Ensign

multiplayer

Post by MeOp »

I'm considering buying Arvoch, demo looks pretty good, but I love multiplayer games. I know Arvoch does have multiplayer capabilities, but I was wondering how many people play multiplayer, and how do you join a game? Is there a server browser like other multiplayer games? Is the multiplayer fun? Any input on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

multiplayer

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome,
I know Arvoch does have multiplayer capabilities, but I was wondering how many people play multiplayer
Not as many as I would like. :) It's generally pretty difficult for an independent game to get a large multiplayer user base. Occasional games are held, announced in advance via the multiplayer thread in this forum (which sends e-mails to subscribed players) and ICQ is often used to contact other players for quick games.
and how do you join a game?
For internet games, simply click on the option to list available games, then click on the game you want to join. The included instructions provide a lot of information on how to use the multiplayer mode (click on 'View Instructions' in the main menu).
Is there a server browser like other multiplayer games?
Yes, an active multiplayer game list menu.
Is the multiplayer fun?
I think so, particularly the squadrons and cooperative modes, but dogfighting strictly other human players is fun also. For a classic space combat fan like myself, it's a good fit. Obviously, I'd be bias, so comments from other players might provide more information you want.

[Edited on 12-11-2006 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

multiplayer

Post by MMaggio »

There is absolutely no more pleasure than testing your skills, head to head, with another player.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

multiplayer

Post by tha_rami »

Yeah, MP is fun :D.

Even with small groups, in the Squadron mode, you'll play with at least 10 ships in a fight (altho' 8 would be AI-controlled by orders from the player). With 4 players (4x5=20 ships) you can have total carnage. Dogfight ofcourse leaves a free for all, one ship per player mode, which is cool too.

Co-op is a sort of Survival Mode. Survive as long as you can together.

MP is quite flexible. If you want to play, there are some people around who are nearly always up for a quick game. If announced through the forum, you'll probably be able to get a big game going if you want.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news