A Few Ideas....

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
MasterMindLess
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

A Few Ideas....

Post by MasterMindLess »

I don't know where else to put this, so here is where I'll put it.

Vice:
I had a couple of crazy ideas....

First, the more general one.
If Arvoch Conflict is a success (which I, for one, have no doubts about), and after it has been extensively played by a lot of people, I think it would be kind of neat to have an "expansion pack." What I mean is something like a major update, really. It could have some additions, like a new campaign, some new ships (favorite custom ships of the community?), or some large additions (ex:extensive cities on planets).
Just an idea....

Also, I read something a few years ago that I somehow still remember about a speculative future technology that would allow people to walk through walls. In my idle moments, I wondered how this technology could be applied to the StarWraith universe. An idea I had was that, instead of each individual fighter being equipped with a jump drive (insane, I know, but....), a carrier/station/something similar would create a "hole" in the "wall" of distance, allowing the fighters (and another carrier for the return journey) to arrive on location with minimal use of fuel. It would be sort of like a portable, close able Fulcrum Gate from RiftSpace. Also, removing jump drives from fighters would allow for more fuel/cargo/weapon capacity.
Just another crazy idea....
StarWolves Clan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

A Few Ideas....

Post by tha_rami »

The last one ain't bad at all. Distorting space is probably possible sooner or later, or at least in a fictional universe, it could be. I once pledged for, if there ever was another title like EvoChron, to have everything from earlier games in it, and more.

It would, in my view, have Fulcrum Gates ánd Fulcrum Drives, one being able to send you over larger distance without fuel, but you'd need to have clearance and money. Fulcrum Drives are the small brothers, which do not cost money (to jump) but do cost fuel. It would have RiftSpace-like squadron gathering (but now including carriers), freeform EvoChron gameplay (but now including empire building). A huge, tiled universe with all former SW-locations in it (Sol - complete, including Mars and Jupiter, Orion, EvoChron and Arvoch and possible another Vonari sector). It would have StarWraith like campaign(s) and S.O.O. like dynamic campaigns.

I think Vice needs coffee now.

But heh, I don't know. It's just my imagination with an similarly crazy idea.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
verbosity
Captain
Captain

A Few Ideas....

Post by verbosity »

Don't tell me Rami's going off on his idea's again - about half of these forums are his (though excellent ) Idea's plus 15% my silly ideas (ok so mutant space cucumbers might not work but it was worth the suggestion)
and another 34% me and jeremy slagging each other off.

hey we do try to keep ourselves in check, just so the rest of you get that whole 1% to yourselves.

On a side note I saw a post on what the Vonari look like esp the females, and as it happens I know someone who has a Vonari ex-wife. Though I've been sworn to secrecy about the details I've been told that the best way to woo one invloves a certain fruit - hence why Male vonari are know to carry them in large quantities - even when in space.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

A Few Ideas....

Post by tha_rami »

Gheh, sorry (A).
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

A Few Ideas....

Post by Jeremy »

So male Vonari are dumb enough to overload their craft with overripe pineapples just in case a female happens along? What idiots! No wonder we always win against them! :D

About that FD thing, how is it cheaper to use a Fulcrum Gate - or some other wormhole type device - and pay for it, instead of using a regular ship drive and paying for the fuel???

(Obviously, it'd probably be cheaper, I guess).

(On another note, Rami - what were you thinking? - that avatar... well... :P)

Something I'd like to see is tractor beams being used as weapons(I think they were like that in Star Wars - can't remember though).

They'd probably have to reach longer, but if you could like slid the beam along a Carrier to damage it, or use it to grab hold of enemy ships, or just to rip holes in them... that'd probably be too powerful. :)

Verb, your stats are all wrong. 34% is you slagging me off, not me slagging you off. :P
verbosity
Captain
Captain

A Few Ideas....

Post by verbosity »

and you refuse to retort?
"send in the mutant cucumbers"!!!!
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

A Few Ideas....

Post by Jeremy »

Touché.
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

A Few Ideas....

Post by tha_rami »

Originally posted by Jeremy
About that FD thing, how is it cheaper to use a Fulcrum Gate - or some other wormhole type device - and pay for it, instead of using a regular ship drive and paying for the fuel???

(Obviously, it'd probably be cheaper, I guess).

(On another note, Rami - what were you thinking? - that avatar... well... :P)

Something I'd like to see is tractor beams being used as weapons(I think they were like that in Star Wars - can't remember though).

They'd probably have to reach longer, but if you could like slid the beam along a Carrier to damage it, or use it to grab hold of enemy ships, or just to rip holes in them... that'd probably be too powerful. :)
It is cheaper as they are used as Interstellar Highways, and the passage has to be authorized before being able to use it. It is cheaper to use the FG than using the FD for the same distance, ofcourse.

That Avatar depicts me and my girlfriend.
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

A Few Ideas....

Post by Jeremy »

Nice mustache...
MasterMindLess
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

A Few Ideas....

Post by MasterMindLess »

verbosity: I can understand those stats....
especially about you and Jeremy slagging each other....:D

Rami: I like your idea. Parts are eerily similar to what I had in mind.... :o;)
StarWolves Clan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

A Few Ideas....

Post by tha_rami »

Originally posted by Jeremy
Nice mustache...
I might be mistaken, but a mustache would be above your mouth in the Netherlands :P.

Ofcourse my idea's are similar to yours! We're both mindless, both fans of these games. I just took the best out of the SW3D games and propose them to be mixed and expanded.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

A Few Ideas....

Post by MMaggio »

That's called a "Goatee", not a mustache.:cool:
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

A Few Ideas....

Post by Jeremy »

Lol :)

Yeah, it's the same way here in the U.S, Rami. *Slaps forehead in shame and disgust at self*
MasterMindLess
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

A Few Ideas....

Post by MasterMindLess »

Rami: Hey, I resemble that remark!:D Yeah.... that's just about what I did, too....
------------------
A bit of an expansion on my "extensive cities" proposition:
I think it would be kind of neat to be able to fly through an urban canyon.... Maybe have a dogfight in it.....:P
StarWolves Clan
Lieutenant Junior Grade