Track IR, can\'t active

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Chicki »

Hi. Can't seem to get the Track IR to work in the demo. I have the TIR Pro 3. Do I hafta have the TIR 4? I selected the 3D headtracking in Options(or whatever, can't remember exactly what it's called) but just won't work. What am I missing? Thanks.
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Chicki »

Hi. Shoot, disregard TIR problem. Game update did the trick. Sorry. Hey, one other question though. I seem to have to configure my controls everytime I start the game. It remembers my pitch and yaw axis(joystick) but not thottle and rudderpedals. I'm using all CH stuff. Is this just because it's a demo or am I missing something....again. Thanks.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome,

Interesting, there are only two causes I can think of. Either the game is not being allowed to save the settings you are selecting or your device is changing signals somehow. First thing to check is make sure no background tasks are running that could interfere with the game (it saves setting data to \\sw3dg\\arvochconflict).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Chicki »

Shoot. Would love to buy this game but not if I have to enter js settings before every mission. What the heck?! Have to get into the mission, then hit Esc and configure js settings. EVERY mission. Any way to edit the config file on my C: drive manually? Thanks. Great looking game. Hope I can straighten this out.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Vice »

Certainly doesn't make sense as it hasn't happened before. But there's a first time for everything :) There are a couple of things you can try:

- Try a different drive location, if you have more than one available. Create a text file in the game's directory (Program Files\\ArvochConflict) named savedir.txt and in the first line enter the new drive letter and folder name. For example, if you just wanted to use a different hard drive for storage, you might enter D: and if you wanted to try a different folder, you might enter C:\\NewFolder

- You can edit the files by hand. As mentioned earlier, they are stored in the \\sw3dg\\arvochconflict folder and the file you'll want to use for joystick axis controls is stickt.sw. Simply open that file in notepad. You'll notice 12 lines of numbers, most probably read 0. Each of these lines is a flight control function with every other line respresenting inverse control on/off. You can assign any one of 10 axis channels to each control. Use the Configure Control main menu screen to determine which axis channel on your control device controls each axis channel number (line 1 and 3 are yaw and pitch and are usually assigned to channels 1 and 2). Once you know what number each axis channel returns (1-10), enter the axis channel number you want to use for each desired control. The 12 control options in that file are (for reversing control options, 0 is off, 1 is on):
Yaw
Yaw Reverse Input
Pitch
Pitch Reverse Input
Roll
Roll Reverse Input
Throttle
Throttle Reverse Input
Horizontal Strafe
Horizontal Strafe Reverse Input
Vertical Strafe
Vertical Strafe Reverse Input

So for example, if you wanted to use axis channel 10 to control throttle, you'll wind up with the following configuration:

- If the problem continues and you want me to look into it further, you can follow the steps at this link: http://www.starwraith.com/arvoch/faq.htm#8

[Edited on 11-24-2006 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Chicki »

Boy, this is really weird. Thanks for your help. I tried saving the config file to my D: drive where the game is installed. Didn't help. I edited the file manually and that seems to be working. Very strange. This hasn't happened to anyone else? Just lucky I guess. Thanks again.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Vice »

This hasn't happened to anyone else? Just lucky I guess. Thanks again.
It hasn't ever been reported before, so as far as I know, this is the only occurance. It shouldn't really happen since all it's doing is reading and writing to data files it creates itself. So there must be something blocking the game from being able to edit those files like it needs to. I don't know what that could be, unless there is some kind of 'lock' on your hard drive that has Windows installed. Was the stickt.sw file (and other game data files) already there when you looked for it, or did you have to create it yourself? I'm glad you can at least manually edit the file.

[Edited on 11-24-2006 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Chicki »

Yeah, the files were there. I used your savedir.txt trick to make one on my D: drive also. It's funny, all the other stuff seems to get saved ok...its just the stick file. Very weird. Oh well, manual edit seems to be working.

Hope if I buy the game nothing will go wrong with the registration and key and stuff. Hard to say. Very strange goings on. Great game though. I already bought Star Wraith. No problems there by the way.

Great goin' adding support for Track IR. That thing is great man. Wish more space sims had it. You're cutting edge pal. Lol! Well hey, thanks for the help.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Track IR, can\'t active

Post by Vice »

It's funny, all the other stuff seems to get saved ok...its just the stick file.
That is strange, I've checked the code for that routine and fine tuned some of the detection and editing routines for the stick axis file. Not sure if anything has been fixed or not, but the update with these changes is available now: http://www.starwraith.com/arvoch/downloads.htm
Hope if I buy the game nothing will go wrong with the registration and key and stuff.
It should be fine, it's something I can make sure works successfully on your system.
Great goin' adding support for Track IR. That thing is great man. Wish more space sims had it. You're cutting edge pal. Lol! Well hey, thanks for the help.
Certainly welcome, thanks for your interest. Glad you enjoy the game :)
StarWraith 3D Games