MP and Clan League Tables

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Hi All,

As some of you know I'm working on an EA league table system (get those logs to me guys) but I'm also now starting one for arvoch - this should be a little quicker due to the log system Vice is implementing for it.

there will be indivdual tables for clans and single players for each game type and overall and you will be also able to see results by arena type (open, asteroid,nebula etc). There will also be a Clan territory map.

The first publication of this should coincide with the next update of AC.

Any suggestions to would be appreciated for ranking systems would be appreciated, as would suggestions to the system (and management) of clan territory as this will currently be only within the league (vice has enough to do without major changes to AC).

Finally as there will be a map (mainly for Clan use) - which incorporate the Evochron and be loosely based on a previous map, suggestions are being taken to the shape of the Arvoch sector- and to an extent EVO as well. This is a little bit of history in the making. I'll be trying to add a little realism to the map based on astronomical knowledge, but also need some suggestions for names.

For you story people out there, I'm sure there are many opportunities for the sector esp with the clan involvement - and anything relevant to the league will be happily placed in the site :)
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeremy »

Looks good, Verb.

But why does the Federation space sit mostly inside Alliance space?
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Besides, you can't see depth. Maybe Federation space is simply BEHIND Alliance space seen from Earth.

I don't think this setup will work verbosity, I'm sorry. I think a galaxy type map would work better.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

for a functional clan territory system in the Beta I've decided that it'll be based around the environments.

I'm accepting submissions for the maps though, If anyone has suggestions for either 2d or 3d i'd be happy to take a look, and possibly incorporate them. I don't really want to be taking so much effort for this area of the system but by the same point I feel its pretty important. please post on the maps topic in user artwork and fan fiction

On a seperate note. i've decided on a percentage kill basis for the rankings, while it's not a perfect system it should allow for the fact some players play more than others. Feed back again would be welcomed at this and later stages.

Finally, I'm pondering on the relative merits of a logins system - it's more work for me but allows players to add/edit additional information as well as allowing additional verifcation/security of/for the league, but could put people off using the system.

[Edited on 11-2-2006 by verbosity]
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

They ARE placed on another arm of the galaxy, lol. In fact, Vice once pointed out to me that positions would be somewhat like:

--------R---------
S----------------E
---O-------------
-------------------

S = Sol, R = RiftSpace, O = Orion, E = EvoChron. The Vonari systems are far beyond EvoChron, so the first Terran area that they reach is EvoChron. The Arvoch sector might be closer though.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

ok can we move the map discussion to another thread as I can see this going on for a bit, and for good reason, as any set of maps would be an important addition to the starwraith leagues and universe in general.

status up date, I've got most of the system up and running for manual input, the inputg engine is already in development. I've also arranged hosting and hope to have some demo pages up by the end of today. I'll post a link once ready :)
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Demo site is up and running.
this is not a functional site as yet but I'm working on it

http://starwraithleague.awardspace.com/

While it will probably be bare bones by the AC update it will be fully functional ( think death star in return of the Jedi).

hopefully I'll get the upload engine to work, if so then a username/password will be required. Until then the logs will have to be emailed/ICQ'ed to me.

Anyone who will wish to post MP logs to the site will need to U2U me for a username and password. I'll also implement a couple of power users - mainly for multi language support.
All the usual suspects that I know of (Vice,Dan,Pariah,Laz,Rami etc) should find a u2u once I have that sorted.

Could Dan (sorry but I'm asking as I know you do the german language for the games) and/or any other people who wish to be power users please U2U me stating why they wish that status - other language support would be extremly useful.

mine deutsch ist nicht so gut ( actually virtually noexistant) - I can eventually do italian when I'm finished the coding if needed.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Nice work! So does the file get uploaded using a form on the website, or does it need to be delivered and executed in a different way?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

I'm working on a file-upload and interpretation tool for within the league.

I've got the File upload, and the majority of the front-side work, but the interpretation tool is still in development stages.

Hopefully it'll be up by the weekend - until then email or ICQ me the log and I'll do it myself.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Hi,

Status Update.

player rankings are now in place. once the rest of the basic system is finished I'll add pilot compare(etc) Features.

This is also the case for the Clan Raankings, though There is not enough Data on the db for the clans as yet, but once the data is in, it'll show up :)

log up-loads will be available some time this evening (if all goes to plan), I'll post once this happens.
Until I decide how to verify the data to avoid cheating, I'll be loading it onto the system myself - so ATM it may take up to 24 hours for it to show up:(

Planned Improvments:
once the basic system is up (almost there :P),
Work should begin on the clan maps -Which will be pretty quick.
Design: Currently I'm more interested in getting it functional - look forward to a visually improved site within the next few weeks.

Part of the reason for the delay was to esure EA compatibility,

Send In those Logs Guys:cool:!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 11-7-2006 by verbosity]