Stuck in campaign 6: Rescue ejected pilot

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

I am completely stuck in the campaign. In the mission where I am to rescue the stranded pilot, there is an incoming wave of enemy ships. As soon as their are in weapons range I last 10-15 seconds without a chance to do everything. Any suggestions? The last option would be to modify the mission, but I'd like to go through the original version.
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Keep an eye on the radar blip where the pilot is, fly around that location for a while. Keep your speed above about 1000 and don't let any hostile get an effective attack position on you. Let your shields recharge and engine cool down before you begin to try and retrieve the pilot. Order your wingmen to attack the nearest hostile to you and repeat the order as needed. When you're ready, fly in to the pilot and recover them quickly, try not to let your speed fall for too long.

[Edited on 10-9-2006 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

the first time i tried i jumped into the fightand died in a similar way.
take the approach slowly giving the shields time to fill up - also keep your energy level at about 3-5 on the shield side.

If you can take a few out quickly with your missiles you'll run out of them, but it shouldn't matter

concentrate your attack on the most powerful ship(s) attacking.
i always take my first run at the ships on inertial after thrusting upwards, and keep my wing men attacking the same ships as me

take out a few ships and try to move away from the pilot rather than going towards it, this brings the enemy ships with you, at about 2000 - 2500 away start heading towards it at full speed (using the afterburner) once you have picked up the pilot you can use your jump drive to get home quickly.

hope this helps - it's how i did it. - my ship recommendation for this flight is Evoch filled with exodus'
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Having your mining beam ready (ALT+B) also helps a lot. Verbosity has a good tactic in the post above.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

Originally posted by verbosity
my ship recommendation for this flight is Evoch filled with exodus'
That would be nice...if it was possible: The Evoch is unfortunately not available for this mission.

Btw: I managed to retrieve the escape-pod, but my jump-drive didn't fire to make my way home...I died again...

[Bearbeitet am 10-10-2006 von Nemesis]
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeremy »

Yeah, that mission is pretty tough. It took me a while to complete it.

If you can kill the first wave or two of reds, it's easy to pick up the pod and head for home(Unless your jump drive doesn't fire or something).

Jeremy
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

oops I must have used the wraith - sorry .....

as to using the jump drive i think you have to have your energy up to full or something like that.. though juumping is not nessecary it does help - the other option is having your shields at 5 ( keeping an eye on the shield monitor as well) and afterburning..

if you have lured the reds away though you should have time to shift the bar towards energy allowing it to recharge for the jump.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies