Camera shake relative to throttle...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
TraderDan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Camera shake relative to throttle...

Post by TraderDan »

I've been lurking and reading this thread and it's kinda unrelated but -i know you can adjust camera shake that occurs during afterburner use, but what if camera shake was a square of throttle percentage?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Camera shake relative to throttle...

Post by Vice »

Yeah, quite a bit different, lets split it off for its own thread. Camera shake has had somewhat mixed popularity in the game historically. Some like (and expect) it, some don't. It has been reserved for the afterburner to keep its effect limited and is also adjustable for those that either want to increase or decrease it.

Since ship engines run at 100% (military burn, non-afterburner) to meet the selected 'Set' velocity, any shaking would likely need to be consistent, but I doubt too many players would want to see chronic shaking any time the throttle set value changed. Open for discussion though.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
TraderDan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Camera shake relative to throttle...

Post by TraderDan »

You've got a point there, the shake would have to happen during acceleration and deceleration so once a set velocity is achieved the shaking would need to stop (unless the she ship has a flat tire (sarc)

So it isn't so much a square of the set velocity but a square of the rare of acceleration, and it would have to be mild compared to the afterburner like even if going 0 to 5k under like IDS9 it should still only be about half the shaking as an afterburner. But that's just my fist thoughts.