Axis Issue

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Axis Issue

Post by Iron man »

Hello there !

Im having a issue regarding the pitch binding of my ship. It basically stay on "inverted" mod even if i unlock the case and I save.
Do I do something wrong?
it changed that way automatically with some update and I never arrived to fixt it.

Thanks by advance :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Axis Issue

Post by Vice »

I've tested that system and it still seems to be working. Could you describe how you have pitch control mapped, the axis channel it is on, and/or maybe post a screenshot of the axis configuration menu showing the control mappings?

Although not likely, axis inputs may redundantly be applied in the button configuration menu, which might reverse input somehow. But otherwise, any axis mappings should submit to the invert option whether checked or not checked.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

Here is my setting. As you can see the pitch case is not cross but I still have inverted. I tried checked save. it doesn't change anything and I tried put it back too and it still didn't change.
I bet im doing something wrong lol
thx again.
(by the way sorry i should have post that thread on the tecnical support part of the forum)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Posting here works well, no problem.

Looks like no joystick or game controller devices are detected for mapping based on the listing at the top. The flight control type is also set to 'Mouse Point', so any pitch axis mapping for joysticks/game controllers will have no effect since there is no joystick or other game controller to map those axis inputs to. Hence, any changes to the invert setting on an axis won't have any effect either.

If you are using the mouse for flight control input and want to invert one of those signals, just click on 'Mouse Point' next to 'Flight Control Type' and select one of the other mouse control modes that inverts the axis you want to flip. The mouse has its own dedicated flight control input system and modes that operate independently from any joystick or game controller input.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron man »

I knew i was doing something wrong.
Thank you very much :)