Can't change Terrain Walker hotkey. [SOLVED]

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
everyone
Ensign
Ensign

Can't change Terrain Walker hotkey. [SOLVED]

Post by everyone »

I really need to use the key 'k' as some other hotkey. I get the notification, "< Terrain walker not installed >" whenever I try to press that button. I couldn't find an option in the controls section to free up/change the Terrain Walker hotkey.
Last edited by everyone on Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't change Terrain Walker hotkey.

Post by Vice »

Indeed, the terrain walker/rover control options only appear after you've acquired one. I'll plan on changing that so they are persistent for the next update. In the meantime, locate the 'keymap8-advanced.sw' file in the save data folder (default location is \Documents\EvochronLegacySE) and then locate the line with the number 75 on it. You may have more than one of these if you've mapped the K key to another control function already. If so, change the one or more to a 0 to unbind the default K key and it should remove the alert about not having a terrain walker installed. Save the updated file. You can then remap the K key to a different control function in the game that you would prefer.

Edit: Update 2.0418 is available which displays the walker and rover key/button options even if not equipped.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
everyone
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Can't change Terrain Walker hotkey.

Post by everyone »

Thanks! I can finally use K for my other hotkeys.