Evochron - Combat

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Ensign
Ensign

Evochron - Combat

Post by 220048 »

Hello, I'm thinking about buying Evochron.
I played No Man's Sky in the past, and I was thinking if Evochron has ground battles with the terrain walker and air combat.
Has Evochron ground and atmospheric battles?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Combat

Post by Vice »

Evochron focuses on space for its combat, although air-to-air engagements are possible also. While you can engage other players in terrain walker battles, there aren't objectives in place to facilitate getting paid for it through the contract system nor PVE scenarios (aside from basic defense against any hostile ships that may try attacking you while in a walker).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

The AI will attack while you are planetside. You can also engage AI while in space and then drag them into a planetary atmosphere. The main difference between planetside battles in NMS is that, in Evochron, gravity can cause your ship to stall (same as an actual aircraft). Ergo, maneuvering when on a planet requires a little more finesse than in NMS.
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 220048 »

Thank you for your reaction.
I've seen multiple videos now and I think that it is more realistic and better than NMS.
I am going to buy it.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I play both. But Evochron is the only space game I know of where I can script my own quests. Granted, many games (including this one) allow you to create mods but not so many games let you write your own story.
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 220048 »

One last question.
Is the only reasons that their are weapons on the terrain walker for combat with other players, or does it have another function?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Defense against hostile AI ships that may attack while you are planet-side. If used in conjunction with another allied player, it's possible it may be somewhat effective at city module attack. That's just generally best with ships though.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations