Is there a way to remain docked while in the Navigation Console?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Is there a way to remain docked while in the Navigation Console?

Post by Rangoon »

I like to poke around in the Navigation Console while I'm at a station, either plotting a route or just exploring the map. However, when I do, ATC (STC?) tells me to depart and sometimes other traffic starts entering my gate. Is there a way to remain docked while switching from Inventory to Navigation?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is there a way to remain docked while in the Navigation Console?

Post by Vice »

You can turn off the inventory console to unlock the tractor beam from your ship and then get out of the way of the docking paths vertically, stay above or below those docking paths and in between the exits to leave room for ships, use the navigation console, then activate the inventory console again when you are ready. There is enough vertical clearance inside station hangars to allow for 'parking' above and in between each gate path. It's not the most ideal thing do, since station hangars are specifically designed to link up with ships and route traffic, but it's an option. Otherwise, it's best to use the navigation console in open space and focus on managing inventory while inside a station.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Is there a way to remain docked while in the Navigation Console?

Post by Rangoon »

Okay, got it. Thanks for explaining that.