Jumpgate from fauston station to sapphire system

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Kuro0
Ensign
Ensign

Jumpgate from fauston station to sapphire system

Post by Kuro0 »

Hey guys... I'm from the mobile version of evochron and wanted to ask that is it not possible for a independent mercenary to travel from fauston station to sapphire system?? And is it necessary to be a part of federation to travel from fauston jump gate ???

Cause when I actually switched to federation I found the jump gate but when I switched back to independent there was nothing and also is it the same for the pc version??
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jumpgate from fauston station to sapphire system

Post by Vice »

Hello. This likely just has to do with the proximity of the gate and the station. Once you jump to the sector, you should still be able to tap on the gate icon, but it might be a little tricky. If you tap low toward the gate, it should allow you to plot a jump point directly to it. I tested it and it did work ok for me.

With a much larger screen and more precise selection input with the mouse, it's easier on PC.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

In the PC version, gates don't disappear. Unless you're doing a quest and the gate in question has been created for the quest and not part of the basic game. As for the mobile version, I can't say. But I'd guess that it's a bug. If you can reproduce the situation, save your profile at a place where the situation will exist, then clone that profile and, using the clone, check to see if the situation happens again. If it does, Vice will want to see the saved profile.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

P.S. Evidently Vice answered before I could finish my reply. I'd delete my post except it might come in handy if you actually find a bug while playing the game.
Kuro0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kuro0 »

Thanks vice and marvin..... Tbh I tried some ways by myself like when I switched to feds I took the screen shot of my current location near jump gate and when I went back to ind and went back to the said coordinates(close enough like 100-500 difference and as an idiot I didn't took the screen shot this time) there was nothin and I can't even see the gate somewhere nearby. This was the first method.

Another method was I traced back the path from jumpgate to fauston station( it was in between gate no. 3 and 4) and when I switched to ind and again traced the path to said coordinates... As I said earlier there was nothing and I was not in any quest both of the time.

Note that I had to change to feds again to locate the gate and travel through it..

Does it still sounds like bug to u guys???
If it's something like that then I'm gonna try that gain and take proper screenshot this time and send it to devs. Let me know what u guys think.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I'll need to wait until I can wear my glasses again to test that. But it does sound interesting, especially if it's a bug and not some graphics glitch with your computer. Either way, if it keeps happening, Vice will probably want a copy of your pilot profile. Stand by.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I can't think of a code-side cause that would result in a gate icon disappearing due to faction affiliation. So if the gate icon is disappearing completely, it may be due to something else. There may be a sequence of actions or events taking place that is causing the disappearance. If so, then I'd just need the steps needed to duplicate it.
StarWraith 3D Games
Kuro0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kuro0 »

So what do you guys want me to do???
Should I try that one more time and send you guys screenshot ??
And if you end clone of my piolet profile then please let me know how to do it cuz I don't know anything about how to clone a profile.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Usually, when I have a problem, I'll send (via email ... Vice will tell you how): screenshots, pilot profile, and step-by-step what to do to get the bug to show up.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Retrieving a save game from a mobile device isn't very practical, so the best route would be screenshots if you can capture them and/or steps you completed that produce the issue. My efforts haven't been able to produce it, the gate has always been present every time so far. So there may be a particular sequence of events/actions needed.
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I'm getting really old. I totally forgot that the problem was with a mobile device.
Kuro0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kuro0 »

Alright thanks both of you marvin and vice........I will create new pilot profile tomorrow and see if it's still there as vice say and I'm making a mistake or is it some some glitch.
When above doesn't work I will try to reinstall it and try it again.
In anycase thanks both of you and vice I will let you know about it tomorrow man
Kuro0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kuro0 »

Hey guys regarding this post... I reinstalled my game and after that when I went there jump gate was there.. May be it was glitch or something.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

It's amazing what just one corrupt line of code can do to a game.