Arvoch Mission Editor documentation?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
kalnaren
Ensign
Ensign

Arvoch Mission Editor documentation?

Post by kalnaren »

I was going to tool around some more with the Arvoch editor now that I (finally) got around to playing SE and downloaded the new editor.

I've read the readme file (looks like the old one for the pre-SE editor), but I'm wondering if there's some more in-depth documentation I missed? For example, when editing events what data do I have to enter into the EVENT DATA field for the various events? I tried looking at some of the existing missions but I couldn't really make sense of it.

I'm guessing for actions involving ships, enemy ships start at '1245' for ship 25, '1246' for ship 26, and so on? I couldn't find an example of adding a waypoint (though I didn't open every single mission).

Thanks
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Arvoch Mission Editor documentation?

Post by Vice »

The documentation for that probably needs some expansion and updating. 'Event Data' is basically the content field for loading desired files or specifying values. For example, if you apply an event directive of loading and playing a sound, you enter the filename of the sound you want to load and play in the 'Event Data' field. So when Event Type looks like this:

Event Type: Play Sound (2)

'Event Data' might look like this:

Event Data: MySound1-1.wav

That tells the game to look for that sound file to load and play. If the event type is display text (type 11), then you enter the text line you want the game to display in the 'Event Data' field. For ship events, you specify ship indexes to act on (starting at 1221 for the first ship in the 'Ship/Fighters' list), separated by a comma if there is more than one.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
kalnaren
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kalnaren »

Ok, cool. For waypoint (event 7 -New Waypoint), would the data be the X,Y,Z, or the number of an existing waypoint? (or something else.. lol).
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It is the X,Y,Z coordinates separated by commas.
StarWraith 3D Games
kalnaren
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kalnaren »

Great, thanks. I'm going to play around with this for a while and see what I can come up with...
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Here is an initial draft of some instructions for the editor:

https://www.starwraith.com/arvochallian ... readme.htm

I'll likely add to it or make changes as needed for more detail/information. I've also bundled these instructions with the download for the editor available on the game's site.

Edit: The mission editor is now also bundled with the game installer.
StarWraith 3D Games
kalnaren
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kalnaren »

Thanks awesome, thank you.