Licence purchase

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Alano_le_beau
Ensign
Ensign

Licence purchase

Post by Alano_le_beau »

Hi vice,

I just purchased evochron and i really enjoy it. Thanks for your work.

Just a question: I purchased a licence in orion station, save, then logged off.

When i played again and even if the licence purchase appear on the Event log, I still have the option to purchase the licence in orion....ls it expected, or is it a bug?

Thanks!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Licence purchase

Post by Vice »

It should be retained, unless the station was different in the Orion system or something may have occurred that lost the license. If you'll send me your profile ( starwraith.com > contact attached to an e-mail ), I'll take a look. If you're using the first profile slot, the filename will be 'pilot0se.sw' and the default save data location is \Documents\EvochronLegacySE.

Edit: Just ran a series of tests in both single player and multiplayer and the license system worked correctly in Orion for me. So if there are particular steps/actions involved to duplicate it, please also forward along the steps you performed when you encountered the condition.

Edit X2: I may have discovered one very rare possibility. I'll reply here again with details after a lot of further testing and analysis.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Licence purchase

Post by Vice »

Ok, some good news and interesting results. I spent several hours going through all kinds of buy, sell, save, reload procedures and was able to duplicate a scenario that could potentially cause a purchased station license to be lost. It would likely be very rare for a player to run into it, but once impacted, a purchased license could be lost once the player returned back to a station they had just been at and had just purchased a license from.

I've fixed the issue and have uploaded a revised installer at all of the usual locations. Likewise, Steam will roll out the update as soon as it is live on their system. If anyone's save game continues to have a lost station license after the update, feel free to send me your profile file and I can reapply the license as may be needed. Just let me know which station exactly you lost the license from.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations