[EL 2.0248] Evochron Legacy SE will it work in Windows 7 64bit? *INFO*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Pantomath
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 2.0248] Evochron Legacy SE will it work in Windows 7 64bit? *INFO*

Post by Pantomath »

Hello Community,

I want to purchase Evochron Legacy SE from Steam. The specifications in Steam say I need minimum Windows 10. I did research online and found that there are obscure references about Evochron Legacy SE running in Windows 7 64bit. I would like to get a confirmation that Evochron Legacy SE can run in Windows 7 64bit even if it is considered unofficial. If there are steps needed to get Evochron Legacy SE to run in Windows 7 64bit, please outline those steps.

Thank you
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evochron Legacy SE will it work in Windows 7 64bit?

Post by Vice »

Windows 7 likely still works fine at this point, but is no longer officially supported due to dependent 3rd party support for it being stopped (now that it no longer 'officially' receives support-term updates and no longer has mainstream driver support from major GPU vendors soon... and the same is also true for Windows 8 ). So problems could eventually surface if developers need to change their game to meet requirements and functionality to conform with current supported operating systems/hardware. As of now though, the game should still work on Windows 7 64-bit.

As long as you're able to find a display driver for your configuration and your system otherwise meets the minimum system requirements, the game should still be able to run. But mileage may vary and that may become more of a factor as time goes on. If you want to try it on your Windows 7 setup, a free demo is available here: https://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/downloads.htm
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Pantomath
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Evochron Legacy SE will it work in Windows 7 64bit?

Post by Pantomath »

I tried the demo. The demo's published date is current to this writing. Evochron Legacy SE demo does work with Windows 7 64bit. The demo mentions it is also the full game if I purchase a key to activate. Thank you for the demo's link. Being that the demo also acts as the full game, my question then has been answered.
Last edited by Pantomath on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [EL 2.0248] Evochron Legacy SE will it work in Windows 7 64bit? *INFO*

Post by Marvin »

FYI, I play the game on a laptop running Windows 7 (nVidia GeForce GTX 460M). Some of the graphics needed to be lowered from Ultra but I see very little difference. As long as you're not one of those guys who need an FPS above the average CFF, you should be okay when roaming the surface of a planet. Good luck and have fun. If you do have any difficulties, Vice is usually available to lend a hand.