[EL-SE] Can't launch game *FIXED 2.0188*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Rath
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rath »

I've tried to launch the game, but this message pops up
---------------------------
Error: Could not find file raw:C:\Users\[User]\Documents\EvochronLegacy\keymap8-advanced.sw in main.agc at line 191939
OK

I don't think that I've launched the game earlier on this PC. I've already tried to delete the \EvochronLegacy directory, but the message still pops up and the game crashes.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bug: Can't launch game [Evochron Legacy SE]

Post by Vice »

Does a '\Documents\EvochronLegacySE\keymap8.sw' file exist? If so, and in the meantime, try renaming that file to 'keymap8-advanced.sw', then try launching the game again. I'll be looking for possible causes. Do you see a 'stickmode.txt' file in the '\Documents\EvochronLegacySE' folder? Also, check to verify that a 'deviceinputold.txt' is -not- in that same folder.

Edit: I was able to pin down one possible cause that does relate to having a really old version of the game (1.X) installed earlier that could result in a file mismatch. I'll be working on a fix and plan to roll out an update shortly.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, revised installer is now available from the usual links. This isn't a required update and is just a revision of the earlier build to account for some of the older 1.X code that could potentially cause an issue with importing old key and button mapping files. So it won't impact others who have already updated (to or from any 2.X build) or are newly installing the game.

I've tested this with the 1.X to 2.X updating process with the original 'Documents\EvochronLegacy' save data folder in place and the oldest version of the 1.X key and button configuration files I could find on my system. The update process worked reliably with this version.

If you run into any residual issue after trying this latest build (as some of the pending converted files may still be lingering), either the renaming step I described above or clearing out/renaming the old '\Documents\EvochronLegacy' (no SE) folder from the 1.X version and/or the '\Documents\EvochronLegacySE' folder from the current version should allow things to startup as needed.
StarWraith 3D Games
Rath
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rath »

I was able to fix it by disabling the Steam Cloud feature, but after checking the file integrity today it's launching now and the profiles work! Thank you!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Glad it's working now for you, thanks for the follow up.
StarWraith 3D Games