Wishlist: Independent Operators/Smuggler's Guild

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Craig68x
Ensign
Ensign

Wishlist: Independent Operators/Smuggler's Guild

Post by Craig68x »

I'm an independent Operator in Evochron space. I have been elected to represent my constituents.

We (the Independents) do our part to help the Alliance AND the Federation. However, in order to achieve solidarity (as well as helping our dear combatants), we respectfully request aid creating our own community.

Here is what a few of my constituents have suggested:
  • A Spaceport of our own without being taxed every time we dock. As it stands right now, this $1000 docking fee is outrageous.
  • No penalties regarding commodities. (We have to make an honest living too you know?)
  • A guild of our own. Sure the Feds and Alliance have their own club to play in, so why not ours? If it weren't for us they'd be stranded with no fuel, or whatever else they need, to fight their pathetic war.
  • This last item I partially agree with. The ability to change allegiance with whomever we please, either the Feds or Alliance, depending, of course, on who's winning the war.
  • More requests may follow.
Thank you for your attention.

With Regards,
Dalen Rahn
Captain
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wishlist: Independent Operators/Smuggler's Guild

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome. Some thoughts/comments:
A Spaceport of our own without being taxed every time we dock. As it stands right now, this $1000 docking fee is outrageous.
You can certainly have one of your own as an independent, you'll just need to build it. There are benefits and drawbacks to either aligning with a faction or flying unaligned as independent. While threat and combat risks are lower with IND, they can have higher operating costs so that they pay a little more for their independence.

There are limitations and a few alternate location options for independent pilots. Fees won't apply until your wealth exceeds 1-million credits and stations in war zones won't generally charge a fee.
No penalties regarding commodities. (We have to make an honest living too you know?)
Not quite sure what you mean by penalties. If this relates to the docking fees, independent pilots may find activities such as mining or recovery a little more profitable at first. They can then hold off on trades until they have a number of profitable options onboard, then pay only one docking fee for a series of trades.
A guild of our own. Sure the Feds and Alliance have their own club to play in, so why not ours? If it weren't for us they'd be stranded with no fuel, or whatever else they need, to fight their pathetic war.
The requested goal of IND was to be more 'off grid', detached from the faction conflicts and faction systems so as to operate as more independent pilots in the game. So for any IND club to form, they'd need to do so on their own as independent operators. That would include building their own outposts and managing their activities independently. They can however, join together for various objectives, just without a required link to a faction.
This last item I partially agree with. The ability to change allegiance with whomever we please, either the Feds or Alliance, depending, of course, on who's winning the war.
Available in Pilot Manager > Modify Pilot.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Craig68x
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Craig68x »

Thanks for all the helpful tips! Is there a way to rename an IND station after it is built? I goofed, and now the the station is called 9999.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

If it was built in multiplayer, yes, the server operator can change its name in the 'universemulti.txt' file. If it's in single player, then no, it would require destroying and rebuilding it with a new name. In that case, it might be better to leave it and just build another one in a nearby sector with the preferred name.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Craig68x
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Craig68x »

I went and built another one. I just laugh when I cruise by Station 9999. lol
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Always build the command module first. It's cheaper that way if you decide you don't like the name. Unfortunately, it's been awhile since I built my own station so I can't be sure if building a command module results in an auto-save. If not, just exit-->then enter the game and try again. Also, I thought you couldn't actually complete the "build" process without being reminded to give a name to the station.
Craig68x
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Craig68x »

I didn't see a popup window specifying that. I watched a YT video and realized my mistake. It's all good. It has character. I'm still new to the game, but loving every bit of it. I've converted from....well, that 'other' game.