Questions about AA: SE (VR)

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Pheo
Ensign
Ensign

Questions about AA: SE (VR)

Post by Pheo »

Hey! So I've recently dropped upon the AA: SE trailer. The addition of Vulkan has grabbed my attention due to the performance implications for VR.
I'm also just looking for a solid VR-capable Newtonian space combat sim.... Just a couple of questions before picking up my copy...

1. Is there any way to change the scaling in VR? From a quick Google search, with pre-Vulkan versions of the game there used to a "vrsetup" config file. I don't seem to be able to find this in the AA: SE Demo folder. The pedals in the cockpit appear too large.
2. Is the Cockpit Viewer in the EL mods forum "compatible" with AA: SE? ie. Whether the file structure in the viewer vs AA: SE are compatible.
3. Do modifications to the cockpit mesh (.x files) work in VR? Eg. Say if I wanted to remove/add window bars to change visibility.
4. Are there any planetary transitions in AA: SE? Or if there are any battles taking place planet-side I suppose.
5. Any plans for releasing AA: SE on Steam? I value getting latest news + auto-updates on Steam. I notice that EL is on Steam, but AA is not.

Thank you!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Questions about AA: SE (VR)

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome. Answers below:
1. Is there any way to change the scaling in VR? From a quick Google search, with pre-Vulkan versions of the game there used to a "vrsetup" config file. I don't seem to be able to find this in the AA: SE Demo folder. The pedals in the cockpit appear too large.
A similar option is indeed available with different values in line with the revised VR system. The file is available here: https://www.starwraith.com/arvochallian ... rsetup.txt

Instructions for each value option are included in the file. The cockpit can be scaled independently of the scene, so it's a pretty flexible system for customizing scaling. The 'HeadHeight' value is pending and will be available in the next update.
2. Is the Cockpit Viewer in the EL mods forum "compatible" with AA: SE? ie. Whether the file structure in the viewer vs AA: SE are compatible.
There are new and different values, so I'm not sure the two would work well together. A revised viewer is in the works, but I'm not yet sure when it will be fully available. If you'd like a pre-release test version to try, contact me via e-mail and I'll set up a download for you.
3. Do modifications to the cockpit mesh (.x files) work in VR? Eg. Say if I wanted to remove/add window bars to change visibility.
Yes.
4. Are there any planetary transitions in AA: SE? Or if there are any battles taking place planet-side I suppose.
Yes.
5. Any plans for releasing AA: SE on Steam? I value getting latest news + auto-updates on Steam. I notice that EL is on Steam, but AA is not.
Not currently, only itch.io and direct at the moment. May change later on, but not sure at this point.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Pheo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pheo »

Thank you Vice, appreciate the response. Just picked up my copy of AA: SE!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks for the support!
StarWraith 3D Games
Pheo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pheo »

Hi Vice,

Could I clarify where the vrsetup.txt file should be placed? I've copied over from (https://www.starwraith.com/arvochallian ... rsetup.txt).
I've tried placing it in my main folder (D:\ArvochAllianceSE) and documents folder (C:\Users\<user>\Documents\ArvochAllianceSE), but neither seem to affect the scaling in VR.

Just trying to make some fairly simple config changes as the cockpit seems a tad too large:
ScaleFactr=0.02
CCPitScale=0.006
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It needs to go in the \media folder located inside the install folder.
StarWraith 3D Games
Pheo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pheo »

Vice wrote:It needs to go in the \media folder located inside the install folder.
Thanks, it works now! O0