[EL] 2 great mods not in EvoTweaker Modpack (I believe)

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

[EL] 2 great mods not in EvoTweaker Modpack (I believe)

Post by WhiteFang »

I just found these, one for the HUD and one for SOUNDS

Unreal, especially the targeting is so clear with great animation!

Love the docking sound, wind and rain sounds :)

The 2 dropbox links are here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBYN7bU_x3w

You can see them in action here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2PjNkaCw8
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] 2 great mods not in EvoTweaker Modpack (I believe)

Post by matchbox2022 »

I was about to release an update at some point soon (this weekish)

So.....If the original authors are ok with it I'd bundle these.
Thanks for the info

As far as the Hud is concerned, I agree it's fabulous......but it has been a part of the modpack for a very long time :P
It is the F-16 HUD, found in the cockpits and Huds section. Made and named by Sinbad I believe....Option 2.
It's a historic HUD, as in it was in Mercenary too (I think....) Many things from Mercenary play nice with Legacy.....other things especially requiring scaling up do not.

There's quite a few Huds to try (none by me), but they're all nice in their own way and "complete"

I found mixing it with the perch cockpit was a pretty awesome combo. (the game with the Perch cockpit is just flat out better, especially in VR with the new reflection effects)
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Ah I see, thanks matchbox ;) . I have REALLLY been enjoying your modpack for ages now.

I had tested the F16 HUD only while docked and did not like the look of the 3 main info screens and some text on them also appeared to overlap other text.

So I gave it up straight away and did not know about the targeting animations.

I have been watching this person's 2 videos as well - Karro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrVvUgCxbs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhbD8YUusaQ

That person has a whole stack of MODs in a single download on this page:
https://crimea-karro.ru/dev_karro/game_mods.html

I downloaded them and there are a lot of things like russian radio chatter which is atmospheric and the graphic updates to the environment seem to have a darker menacing look. The explosion sounds and mouse clicking sounds are also great.

I believe it it the same person that made the russian hud and menus (and possibly more or even all in your modpack)

Just for fun and boy is this game fun! - what I am planning to test shortly is:
- lots of upgrades thru modpack eg music, mass gates etc
- perch alternative thru modpack
- HUD BOTTOM 3 Screens - original , elite or simple retro thru modpack
- HUD TOP target and compass etc at the top by Sinbad (above post)
- Sound by Sinbad (above post)
- dark environment by Karro (ships, environment, rings)
- extra sounds only by Karro incl russian radio chatter, mining and selling cargo
- reshade presets by Karro.

Also if I put in the txt file in the root directory to make the jumps black instead of white the txt file for the chatbox widescreen seems not to work?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Also if I put in the txt file in the root directory to make the jumps black instead of white the txt file for the chatbox widescreen seems not to work?
Hang on to the profile where that happens. Vice might want to take a look at it.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

WhiteFang wrote:Also if I put in the txt file in the root directory to make the jumps black instead of white the txt file for the chatbox widescreen seems not to work?
I checked the code for those two systems and they are set up independently. So one shouldn't impact the other. Perhaps a modification utility is removing one when initializing the other for some reason? If you still run into the problem and are managing the 'hidefade.txt' and 'chattext.dat' files on your own manually, I'd be interested in getting a copy of each of those files you are trying to use at the same time (you can send via e-mail to the address at starwraith.com > contact) and I can look into it further.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

I'll take a look, can't see why I'd have one delete the other first off hand in the scripter.

Yah mix and matching might be interesting :) but I'll leave that to users, that'd be way too much of a pia for batch to do for people.
I'll see if I've looked at that guys stuff before, I have the russian conversion there but it's mostly for voices and the hud.

I can say right now that new warp sounds would probably be beneficial for timing and certain looks that might be changing.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Sorry everyone.....my fault I had the chattext.dat in the root directory not the hud directory. When I changed the hud I must have lost the one that was actually working.

I have found a great android game - Arvoch Command. Is it a secret??

Personally after much testing I only want the 2 Sinbad mods added. Far out does the game look great with reshade!!

Matchbox, you could put the Sinbad Sound and Hud options as stand-alone or to be installed AFTER others as they are both PART-MODS and not full ones?
Also did you mean Perch was better as better field of view to see things? I don't have any reflective glass?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

WhiteFang wrote:Sorry everyone.....my fault I had the chattext.dat in the root directory not the hud directory. When I changed the hud I must have lost the one that was actually working.
Ah ok, glad that's all it was. They should both work fine independently and together.
WhiteFang wrote:I have found a great android game - Arvoch Command. Is it a secret??
I developed some mobile games recently as additional projects. Some are updates to much older games I wrote many years ago, AC is an effort to try out an RTS concept I've wanted to for many years and to see if it might be a good fit on that platform. The forum here is simply focused on the PC side of things.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Just noting that a few points about the "extra" mods I posted above:
- Sinbad's sounds have explosions and sounds hitting shields as blank audio files so I replaced these.
- Karro's mouse click sound is fantastic
- I use MasterChu's HUD here (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13106) and then paste Sinbad's HUD (which only overwrites the target and top HUD elements) over the top. This gives me by far the best looking HUD for me with MasterChu's bottom 3 screen elements. These have less opacity than other huds generally and also match Sinbad's hud as it was made to match the original blue hud.
- Karro's warp graphics seem to go very well with the new warp
- Sinbad's sound for warping seems to also go well with the new warp.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

After more testing particularly like:
- Karro's moon textures - WOW
- Karro's asteroid textures - despite being much smaller in file size they look great
- Karro's menu textures (includes not just menu directory but the console files under the hud)
- Karro's lens flare textures, even looks great when mining
- Also under the hud are the landinggreen et al indicators which are currently in the russian hud (and Karro's mods) but could be added to any. Useful and look nice when docking.

Just adding my 2 cents.