Merry Christmas and to all a good night...

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Cindy
Commander
Commander

Merry Christmas and to all a good night...

Post by Cindy »

I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

It has been so long since I have flown, but I still have many fond memories of flying... most of which involve blowing things up! ;) Now that I am a full-fledged adult, I would like to say a huge thanks to Vice (and members - you know who you are!!!) for not only creating such a diverse and immense game, but also for allowing my shenanigans! I really appreciate it. I hope that if my son ever needs a safe space to vent, that someone will create a space that is fairly safe for him too. :)

I'm still trying to get my significant other to be able to fly without destructing in the few spare moments that we have to game, but the lessons are not going well. lol Any tips that I can pass on for flying if he is used to "ground only" games like MechWarrior or SkyRim?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Merry Christmas and to all a good night...

Post by Marvin »

Tell him to not stop playing Mech Warrior. Vice is a big fan of that game. As for Legacy and/or Arvoch Alliance, speed is life. And inertial mode can be your best friend. If nothing else, you can have him sit in your gunner's seat. He should be safe there. Even when flying through the center of a star. And Merry Christmas.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Hi Cindy

Good to hear from you again! I hope you had a great Christmas.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to be a full-fledged adult ... it's overrated as a way of life ;D

As for advice to YSO - tell him to look upwards ... to the stars!

:)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:P Actually, don't be in a hurry to get old. Retirement comes with with far too many downers.
Cindy
Commander
Commander

Post by Cindy »

Not in a huge hurry to "adult" since "adulting" is too much work... But you kinda have to grow up a bit when you have your own kid! Lol. Christmas was fun - although now it sucks getting back into a routine where we can't sit around all day. And my SO (aka Dada) went back to work, so THAT is SO much fun!!! Kiddo is not a fan of Dada or Mama doing anything without him - let alone leaving him for the day. :( Hopefully Santa didn't bring any of you coal!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Merry Christmas 2022 :santa: :deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::star: