Potential bug in MP AI *FIXED 2.0718*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
kalnaren
Ensign
Ensign

Potential bug in MP AI *FIXED 2.0718*

Post by kalnaren »

So I've been screwing around having fun with the skirmish mode in multiplayer, and I noticed that after a few minutes the AI stops moving, and you end up with something like this:

They just kind of cluster at the spawn point. Seems to happen with both friendly and hostile AI.

Also you can't give orders to AI in multiplayer, though I assume that's intentional?

Running the latest version of AA.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Potential bug in MP AI

Post by Vice »

Looks like the Squadrons mode in the Asteroids environment. There can be conditions where they don't engage, but this appears to be something else.

Yes, in the non-campaign multiplayer modes, AI ships are in charge of themselves.

Edit: I was able to duplicate this and am testing further. It does appear to be an issue, after AI respawns at least. I'll plan on a fix for the next update.

Edit X2: I was able to pin down the cause of the issue and have fixed it for the next update. If you would like access to the corrected version before it becomes available in an official update, simply send me a quick reminder e-mail sometime and I can provide a link to download the test build.

Edit X3: Update available with fix.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
kalnaren
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Potential bug in MP AI

Post by kalnaren »

No worries, I can wait for the patch.

Thanks for the prompt response!