[EM 2.928] Runtime Error 9702 - DLL does not exist at line 9928 *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
m0rl0ck
Ensign
Ensign

[EM 2.928] Runtime Error 9702 - DLL does not exist at line 9928 *FIXED*

Post by m0rl0ck »

Windows 7. Running as admin. All other trackir enabled games work fine (x3ap and il2). Demo version.
Have already tried reinstalling and looked in the game dir and there is nothing that looks like a trackir dll.
Please help. Looks like fun but before i spend $20 on this and another 20$ on legacy i want to know trackir works, thanks.

EDIT: The actual error message is "Runtime Error 9702 - DLL does not exist at line 9928" The forum software truncated my subject line.
Last edited by m0rl0ck on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: EM 2.928 Runtime Error 9702 - DLL does not exist at line

Post by Vice »

That's seems to be related to something causing interference with the game rather than TrackIR itself (hence why TrackIR works fine for others and on your system, the DLL is being blocked from the game before it's even loaded). Follow the troubleshooting steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=6595

If you aren't able to pin down the cause and a related solution from that, then you can send me a msinfo report on your system to further investigate:

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
m0rl0ck
Ensign
Ensign

Post by m0rl0ck »

Ive got plenty of ram and no persistent security or antivirus programs runnning and a geforce 630 gt something or other. The x3 games run fine including x3ap which uses trackir and i am running as admin and have plenty of space. I kill every unessary process before i start games, so i seriously doubt that its a problem unique to my system, unless of course the devs did something dumb like hard code a memory location.
If other games work fine with trackir and yours doesnt, i dont really see it as my problem, the things you suggest as fixes are just common sense things that just about everybody knows how to do and try as first options and im actually fine with it not working, more time to play x3. Thanks for your help.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Does the behavior change at all if you run the game as administrator? What folder did you install it to? Certainly seems strange, not otherwise sure why your system would prevent the loading of that DLL. Just retested it myself on Windows 7 and it's still working fine here. With the msinfo report, I may be able to determine more.
StarWraith 3D Games
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Per e-mail follow up, this error can indicate missing or corrupt runtime dependencies (namely VC++ 2010). Here are the links to installers for both the x86 and x64 versions of the runtime in case anyone else runs into the issue:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=5555 (x86)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=14632 (x64)
StarWraith 3D Games
m0rl0ck
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EM 2.928] Runtime Error 9702 - DLL does not exist at line 9928

Post by m0rl0ck »

Hey man, thanks :) I got to say that was a nice fast fix. Bought the game, totally confused, but i think that will improve. Very impressive work! Looking forward to spending time playing it. Trackir now working fine.
BTW Avochron Alliance works fine with trackir on my system.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EM 2.928] Runtime Error 9702 - DLL does not exist at line 9928

Post by Vice »

Awesome, glad that was it and that it's now working on your setup. I did also update Arvoch Alliance last night and have the changes pending for the next update of Legacy as well. And if the runtime(s) is/are installed via the links above, it'll fix the issue for any games with the dependency. So it should now be covered either way, with or without the runtime manually installed.

I'm getting the new forum software worked out. The subject/title cropping you ran into should now be fixed with a character limit of 120, rather than the 60 it was limited to before, which clipped your original subject line. Shouldn't be too many kinks left to work out to get things working similar to how the old forum worked.
StarWraith 3D Games