[EL] Small feature request

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Benzin »

Hello, im not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not please excuse me and move the post as needed.

I would like to ask our friend Vice, if there is a way to mod the nav panel to make the item dots (white purple, green, etc) a bit bigger. The problem i have is that my eyes are not what they used to be, and even with the nav map zoomed in, i have a lot of trouble finding those dots because they are way to small.
Even if they are against black background i have trouble seeing them, and when they are above something clear (e.g. a planet, or the map´s grid itself), i cant see them at all.
I tried modding the files white.png, purple1.png, etc. on the hud folder, but those are for the radar, not for the nav map.

So Vice, is there some file(s) we can mod to make those dots larger/easier to spot? if not i would like to "formally" request you consider making them bigger in a future release :)

thanks!

[Edited on 25-3-2016 by Benzin]
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by pilotnewbextraordinaire »

I'd like to be able to make the dots a bit bigger as well.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I can add the ability to change their size in the next update. However, there is a factor to consider. Here are some changelog notes I'm working on for the option:

For the option to increase the size of the dots rendered on the nav map when a sensor station or probe is deployed, use a file named dotsize.txt inside the \\hud folder and include the size you want for the blips in the first line. The default size is 4. It is generally not recommended to increase the size too much as the dots will eventually overlap each other if they are close together and are too big. So it's only recommended if you are using a low resolution display (below 1920X1080) and/or prefer the oversized blips on the nav map.

If you'd like to try it out before the next official update is released, simply send me a quick e-mail and I can reply back with the download details.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Sweet! Thank you Vice. :)
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Thank you again Vice for putting this feature in and thank you Benzin for requesting it. Night and day difference.

Top screenshot is size 6 and bottom is 8. I'll roll with 8 for awhile and see if it causes any issues.

Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Benzin »

That looks just awesome! its exactly what i needed! :D

Thanks Vice! for this option. And i think its a great solution. Those who are fine with the current size can still use it, while the ones with tired eyes like myself can make them bigger. Great idea!

And thanks pilotnewbextraordinaire for those screenshots. It looks like i will go with 8px as well!