Cargo Bays?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
poneytailman
Ensign
Ensign

Cargo Bays?

Post by poneytailman »

I'm just curious about why do NPC military ships have 5 cargo holds and human players only have 1?
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Cargo Bays?

Post by Rubber Chicken »

If you use a cargo scanner, do you see the military ships carrying more than 1 bay worth of cargo?
I've never noticed.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Cargo Bays?

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186021, Topic: tid=12489, author=poneytailman wrote:I'm just curious about why do NPC military ships have 5 cargo holds and human players only have 1?
:o Well, if that's true, it can't be because they skimped on missile hard points.
poneytailman
Ensign
Ensign

Cargo Bays?

Post by poneytailman »

Yes shows up on cargo scanner, and Military ships

[Edited on 2-27-2016 by poneytailman]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Cargo Bays?

Post by Vice »

Are you sure they have cargo? Or is the scanner just panning through empty cargo bay slots after not detecting anything after the first bay? If the former, please post or send me a few screenshots of the target MFD showing that cargo in a military ship.

At most, a military ship should only have one cargo item in one cargo bay. Anything afterward should just return blank signals on a cargo scanner for cargo slots 2-5-10 since those shouldn't contain anything on a military ship.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Cargo Bays?

Post by Marvin »

Depending on the type scanner, you might be looking at how the ship is fitted: armor, wing, etc.
poneytailman
Ensign
Ensign

Cargo Bays?

Post by poneytailman »

Most have no cargo, but think I've seen some that did, will check and see over the next couple of days, if I see more than something in 1 bay, I will send a pic.

[Edited on 2-27-2016 by poneytailman]