[EL 1.0178] X52 Pro throttle nonfunctional? *FIXED 1.0188*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Not_That_DeGrasse
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Not_That_DeGrasse »

I just got done updating EL, and was all excited to fiddle with the new control options, when I learned that my Z axis and -- umm, what is that, the Q axis? J axis, maybe? The small knob that encircles the i button -- are both totally non-responsive. Diagnostics plays nice with them, but EL is ignoring them outright.

Did I borked something, or did something bork all on its own?

[Edited on 2-13-2016 by Not_That_DeGrasse]
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bodega »

Hi, I also have an X52, but haven't used it yet because a friend is borrowing it.

Are you using the Beta Win 10 drivers? Off of the Saitek FTP? I have the X52 and the beta ones get updated every few months and were in a different place than the regular drivers.

Here is the website, it's MadKatz that has the actual drivers. These drivers are the latest that work with Windows 10. I had the Saitek drivers and they weren't as up to date as these ones: http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase ... 0/windows-...

If you're running Windows 10, 64 Bit, the X-55 drivers are specifically here: ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10/

The ftp link I posted above is the same one that the Madcatz.Kayako.com website will take you to if you click the orange button. There are some instructions there. It's an official website. The website that's in the canned email response doesn't even have drivers, I installed them once and it was like Pro-Flight for Flight Sim X.

I hope this helps, jump on our discord server and I'll help you step by step if you need.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Indeed, what version of Windows are you running?

Edit: Also, please send me a msinfo report on the system: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208

And please download this test program, place it in the game's save data folder (default location is c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronLegacy) and see if the throttle responds in this program. Then please send me a screenshot showing which axis or multiple axis channels under 'raw axis signals' is/are responding.

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegac ... Config.zip

[Edited on 2-13-2016 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

My X52pro is working as intended, you may have other equipment issues going on. I'm still holding out on Win7 if that info helps any.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

After the update my X52 was putting my ship in a counter clockwise rotating with no option to stop it. I fixed the problem by resetting every button and control in both the stick configure and the key binding control area. All is back as I wanted and had it before the update. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I think for those who are encountering the issue, it's possible their devices are returning axis signals above the 10 maximum supported by the interface. The new control system can pick up more axis signals from devices than the old system could, which may result in more than 10 axis signals being available on a device. If I can confirm this with test results from the program above, I should be able to expand the game's menu support to support more channels.
StarWraith 3D Games
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

A test build is available via the beta option on Steam and if you'd like to try the direct download test build, just send me a quick e-mail. The input system has been expanded to support up to 24 axis channels per device now, up from 10. Once I receive confirmation that this solves the problem for various devices, I can work on rolling out an update.
StarWraith 3D Games
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I too experienced a counterclockwise spin when I first loaded up the recent update. I simply re-did the axis mapping procedure in the options and everything's been fine since.
I didn't have to re-bind any keys or buttons.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

My X52Pro isn't working since I updated to 1.0178

I went back to V1.0038 and it's fine. It also responds properly in the Saitek Test programme.

I tried to reset axes etc but can't because they don't respond. I checked the key press pages and the joystick is now Device 3 (it was Device 1); The cougar MFD that was Device 2 is now Device 1 and the Cougar MFD that was Device 3 is now Device 2

Where do I go from here? :(
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Did you try the test build (I've e-mailed you the link)? Check all axis channels from 1 to 24 with the test build to see if any of those respond. If not, I don't know why it wouldn't be working. Also, please run the joystick config test program above and send a full screenshot of what you see in that program and if any of the raw axis signals return a response.
StarWraith 3D Games
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

This is what happened:

Unzipped and ran the joystickConfig exe and got the following error:

The program can't start because MFC71.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I assumed that the programme mentioned referred to EL so I reinstalled EL 1.0178. I then installed the two files from the email you sent. I ran the joystickConfig exe and got the same error

Tried running EL but no change - joystick not recognised

Rebooted my PC, and tried EL and the config programme again. No joy with EL and the same error with the config programme. Is the programme referred to in the error message EL?

Is it worth me trying to remap my three input devices? The second cougar seems to be responding like the first one did before it got changed from D2 to D3. Is the joystick not being recognised because it's Device 3 now?

Which lead me to try pressing the Cougar controls in the axis config screen ... and I noticed that the axis config screen was set for device 1 (which used to be the joystick but now is the cougar!) I changed the config screen to device 3 and the joystick is recognised in the axis config screen. Next I loaded the game but the joystick isn't doing anything.

:)
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Don't worry about it. With the help of another player, the problem was found and I should be able to roll out the update with the fix within a few hours.
StarWraith 3D Games
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Thank you! :D
ImageImage
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

The joystick config programme sounds like it might be useful in future - where should MFC71.DLL go to make it work?

Edit: I've just searched the C drive and found that copies are in all three Evochron game folders! I wonder why the config programme can't find them!

[Edited on 14-2-2016 by DaveK]
ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Probably because they aren't in the same folder. Once that's done, it'll work.
StarWraith 3D Games
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I'm such a dummy! Amazing amount of info being generated! :P

Where can I get 1.0188? It's not on the usual website page (still shows 100178) and when I load the game there's no warning about a new version available.

ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

For the direct download version, follow the link in the registration e-mail for the latest.
StarWraith 3D Games
Not_That_DeGrasse
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Not_That_DeGrasse »

Geez, spend a day or so away from the PC, and everything is fixed when you find a spare minute to sit down. Thank you! You're truly a behemoth of bug-slaying, Vice. Many thanks, also, to the folks who helped him hunt it.
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bodega »

I have my X-52 back and it's working perfectly. The dual button stuff is actually being tweaked right now, and boy is it sweet.