[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.55 [w/auto-scripter]

Post by Major Grubert »

wow, many many thanks Marvin !

It makes the game much more confortable to me, the white flash is very strong on a big screen when you are photosensitive personn like me :)

thank you very much
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Your welcome. It's a holdover from a previous Evochron game and I'm glad Vice kept it in. After all, in hyperspace the entire EM spectrum would be compressed into X-rays or cosmic rays or into whatever is even shorter, wavelength-wise.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Major Grubert wrote: As i mine a lot last times i was curious about modding the sound "clung clung clung" of the cargo bay gettin loaded but i do not find any info about the file name... i tried cargo.wav...but not...i could change the tractor.wav with no problem

all the best space peoples ! :)

Maj. Grubert
@Major Grubert
As Marvin did for you, just need the right text file.
That "clunk" sound, is reload.wav
You can create a sound you want and put it into Evochron Legacy\sounds\ <--You'll need to make the sounds folder
That and all the launcher for the ModS does, comes from here https://www.starwraith.com/evochronlega ... readme.htm

*Alternatively, if your english is ok, the launcher for the ModSpack also hides the video, hides the white flash, and can silence those annoying sounds.
From Main Menu,->Pick 2 ->Pick 5 -> Pick 6, the clunk sound should go away.
Can choose a whole bunch of things there, kudos.

@**Anyone with 7.56**
If you have installed **7.56** (Jan 22)
There is a hotpatch for the launcher which fixes some minor and major problems in installing injectors, file fixes, hardcore mode and most importantly,
Launching THROUGH STEAM so that licensing is not required.
Download the patch here, extract to your main evochron folder

(skip.txt & skip2.txt inside MUST FIRST BE DELETED it the patch doesn't do it).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oseueyfuh6lj9 ... ch758d.exe ~5MB
7.5a-7.56-->7.58d

Updating launcher over lunch :P
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.58 [w/auto-scripter]

Post by Major Grubert »

So much joy :) lol

thank you very much matchbox !

I know about the folder and so on, i already changed the tractor.wav sound with success :)

It is the only sound which annoy me a little, especially when you have to mine all this iron before building stations and cities...

My method is quit simple, i make short wav files with deep house sample, then i test the mix of "tractor.wav" and "reload.wav" till it sound nice or funny :)

I customize sometimes with VLC tune on a scanner channel, then put it low in the background :) I find it very immersive :) (ok this is low tech modding...lol)

many thanks for the reply and help !

Maj.Grubert
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

My favorite "funny" sound is that of a vacuum cleaner ("hoover" in British english) for the tractor beam. ;)
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

uncool, it's not working :(

i do all good, make a wav file, name it reload.wav, put it in the folder "sounds" in the main EL folder, still "clunking" lol

dunno

maybe a try again with a longer file, maybe the first was to short, dunno

see ya all

by the way, the last updates are awesome

Maj.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Try 'weapload.wav'. A list of optional sound indexes is available in the sounds section of the customizing kit instructions page here (via the link also posted above): https://www.starwraith.com/evochronlega ... adme.htm#4
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Vice wrote:Try 'weapload.wav'. A list of optional sound indexes is available in the sounds section of the customizing kit instructions page here (via the link also posted above): https://www.starwraith.com/evochronlega ... adme.htm#4
ahhh. haha oops. ^^That^^
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.59 [w/auto-scripter]

Post by Major Grubert »

It works ! :)

thank you very much Vice and everyone

See you in space !

Maj.Grub.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Post by WhiteFang »

Excited to get back to EL and this new modpack, thanks matchbox!
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Just read throught the hard mode....wow that is some exciting additions there, should add to the immersion.

Great job matchbox, thanks :)
HAVOC_88
Ensign
Ensign

Post by HAVOC_88 »

Matchbox and all other modders... THANK YOU for this! It is awesome to find most of them in one place and for someone coming back to EL after a long hiatus it's cool to see what has advanced! Thank you all for new options in this fantastic game! Hats off to you all!!
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

I've been dealing with pretty intense health issues and still trying to keep a full time job/life whilst doing it. It's been intense.
So I've had very little time to look at this. I'd love to think things will get better on my end and I'll be able to. Hopefully before my grandchildren are born.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

If you still have a full-time job, you're already halfway to better.
witchywoman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by witchywoman »

Hi I am having a problem, I have the steam version of the game, legacy SE, When I install this in the game folder the mod states that it cannot find the game files/exe. I installed this mod exactly where it is suppose to go in the games steam folder so why wont the mod install correctly?

"There is an issue with the MODPACK install, it can NOT find the Evochron
Program. REINSTALL it to EVOCHRON's DIRECTORY, where the EXECUTABLE LIVES.

If you bought directly from the game website, check C:SW3DG
If you are running Windows 10, Check Program Files x86 as well as
anywhere a 32bit program might install.

If using STEAM, EXTRACT to steam/STEAMAPPS/COMMON/EVOCHRONLEGACY/
*Inside the folder WITH the program itself*
if you MOVED the steam library, or wherever the game is right now, you
need to direct the .exe package to extract there.

Mod Assets are still available in the ModS folder wherever you extracted.

But...this launcher will NOT be able to help you install, troubleshoot,
or automate anything unless installed correctly."

The problem here is that what the mod is reporting is not true. Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by witchywoman on Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I don't think this modpack has been updated for the current SE version of the game, which uses an entirely different rendering API and is 64-bit rather than 32-bit. Some individual mods within the pack may still work, but they'd need to be installed individually following the current folder and file formats outlined in the latest customizing instructions available here: https://starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/c ... readme.htm
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

witchywoman wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:36 pm The problem here is that what the mod is reporting is not true. Thanks in advance for any help.

This is entirely batch, so it's unlikely to have any crazy issues with 64 vs 32 bit versions. Some auto script stuff might not work but that's due to them being compiled as 32 bit. The batch itself should work no issue, windows is smart enough.

Real life made me give this undetermined delay for now to move it to SE completely. The assets are what most people want and they are all still there (just not as simple as click click enter to install things).

What I would imagine is that the executable itself was named EvochronLegacySE.exe the modpack is looking for that to not make a huge mess of a folder you extracted to, and it's hard coded.
I'll update it to be more flexible one day,

The fix for now;
insert 2 text files in the Evochron folder named skip and skip2
From my memory this is a flag to bypass these checks on install so players aren't annoyed by it and set on successful install. It's supposed to be a one and done.
Try #2 first I guess.
Don't expect everything to work! I imagine option 0 to launch the game will not
Last edited by matchbox2022 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
witchywoman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by witchywoman »

I renamed the exe to EvochronLegacy.exe and it sill says its not found so it seems more technical then that.

Update, the skip txt files fixed it, ty.
Last edited by witchywoman on Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZenonSeth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZenonSeth »

So I downloaded this and the "skip.txt" doesn't really work - it lets you see the installation menu but none of the mods will install properly.

The mods don't install correctly because the SE version moved all the asset folders to be under a media/ folder (e.g. instead of just putting assets into hud/ they now have to go into media/hud/)

I edited the main script file - switchero.bat - to modify all the paths so they check and copy the files into the correct locations.

Here's the link to the switchero.bat file that works for the SE edition: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xobuwqgn ... ro.7z/file

To use it, download the mod from the 1st page, extract in the same location as EvochronLegacySE.exe and then replace the switchero.bat file with the one linked above. With this, you don't need to add the skip.txt and skip2.txt files, it should work without them.

I tested with most mods, they seem to work, EXCEPT some of the new models mods, specifically:
- The new tree models mod seemed to make my game crash on loading
- At least one of the new cockpit models was rendering very incorrectly/unusable

The new HD textures, new cockpit HUDs and a lot of the audio mods work just fine. I did not test the quests at all.

@matchbox2022 - please feel free to use the file above - I realize it's a .bat file (aka dangerous) so do a text diff to see the changes I made.
Last edited by ZenonSeth on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZenonSeth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZenonSeth »

So as another important note about this pack if anyone else downloads it:

A lot of the textures - e.g. rings, asteroids, skybox for starfields, even some cockpit textures - are provided as .dds files.
These files are NOT picked up by the game, so they won't modify your game at all.
You must convert them to .png files for them to affect the game.

Additionally, currently the ring4.png texture won't work (crashes game) - but ring1, ring2, ring3 work fine - see thread in the general Evochron Legacy forum.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Hey Zenon, thanks a ton for posting this bug.
My life situation put this on a back seat.
If you have any converted textures feel free to upload them and I will tie it into the pack.
If this .dds issue is no longer an issue (Before Special Edition dds was actually the standard) then I suppose we can disregard.

Probably more of a problem for those who want the custom cockpit textures.
Other than it taking time to batch convert those files, I'm a bit worried png format will look worse for higher resolutions the way it compresses images, especially if swapping between formats.
ZenonSeth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZenonSeth »

Hey matchbox - so the bug I posted about ring4 not working is now fixed after some other things were also having issues (you can see the thread in the general forum). Ring4 works fine as a .png

About PNGs:
PNG is actually a lossless image format, whereas I think .dds is actually lossy. So converting them to PNG won't have any downgrading effects. In fact, if the textures were exported originally into PNG they would have even better quality.

I checked and I only really used the textures from stars, I did not want any custom ships, nor am I sure if their textures require conversion to .png.

Here's the link to the stars folder with all (I think) textures converted to PNGs.

It's really easy to do btw - I used IrfanView (free, probably best image viewer ever made) which has a batch conversion utility built in. I ran the batch conversion for all .dds files in each folder, took me maybe 10 minutes and most of it was just waiting for it to do its work.

The things in your original post that need to be updated:
  • Remove the reference to add "skip.txt and skip2.txt" - those don't do anything useful, as the folder structure is changed.
  • Edit the switero.bat script to copy in the right files - feel free to examine and use my edited version above. Link.
  • Feel free to use the PNGs above, but keep in mind those are only for the stars/ folder and I did not edit all of them.
Other issues I know about:
  • Installing the new trees (in correct folder) originally crashed my game. Game has been updated since, but I haven't re-tested.
  • Installing one of the new sounds also caused issues, but I don't remember which now.
If I have time I can test again and give you more info on those two issues.