[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Miggy
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.37 [w/pre-config launcher]

Post by Miggy »

Well, not yet anyways! ;D
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Ha WELL. I found out my uploads weren't actually making it to mediafire, so people haven't been receiving updates.

Add to that real life kicked in.

The modpack will be....fixed.......and good to go by this saturday so ppl can tweak away. Might jump on the servers myself.

Whitefang has been a huge help telling me things I didn't know.....ignorance is bliss.
Hopefully Windows 10 and administrator mode will no longer be an issue as I'd imagine that's a pretty good chunk of players.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Happy to assist....the whole community thanks you for such a tremendous effort.

My ears thank you for all the atmospheric music!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

matchbox2022 wrote:Ha WELL. I found out my uploads weren't actually making it to mediafire, so people haven't been receiving updates.
:o Frustrating, isn't it.
Miggy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Miggy »

matchbox2022 wrote:Ha WELL. I found out my uploads weren't actually making it to mediafire, so people haven't been receiving updates.

Add to that real life kicked in.

The modpack will be....fixed.......and good to go by this saturday so ppl can tweak away. Might jump on the servers myself.

Whitefang has been a huge help telling me things I didn't know.....ignorance is bliss.
Hopefully Windows 10 and administrator mode will no longer be an issue as I'd imagine that's a pretty good chunk of players.
Hey! It happens, real life I mean. ;) I know I am just new here but I've been playing the SW games for years and, now that I have the opportunity, I just wanted to thank you for all the effort you have put into this mod matchbox2022 and by all means take your time. I was just puzzled is all that the links didnt work. I thought it was a fault with my browser.

And thank you too Whitefang. I think (as I have always) it's important to make mod creators feel their hard work is appreciated, goodness knows the other space sim I play; Pioneer, wouldn't even exist without the selfless acts of others on it's dev team out there. It's the same here. ;)

Anyways, thanks for the update matchbox2022! 8)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

With super shitty canadian government wifi? Yeah. It really is.

apparently someone cut our internet cables cause they weren't "happy"

anywho. 7.38 is online "finally"
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.38 [w/pre-config launcher]

Post by WhiteFang »

Thanks Miggy but I am not the creator just trying to help a little bit, it's all Matchbox's effort.

Awesome Matchbox thanks!

Will test in about 7 hours or so, busy Sunday ahead of me first.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Miggy wrote:@matchbox2022
I would really like to try your FullModPacks 7.37 & Pre-Tweaker but I can't locate a download link in the first post. There is one for your version 4.3 but I can't download that either. Am I missing something? Hope you can help! :)
Oh....don't download that version....it's alright but 7.38 is so much better and has most of the same stuff included.
It's been uploaded and ready to go.

I also super appreciate people letting me know when there's PROBLEMS. ;P

If you make your own mod I can always throw it into the pack with credits to you as enough people seem to download it these days if they have legacy.
Just be sure to test it adequately first.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

It finds the game every time and does not create any directories in windows/system32 anymore - so that issue is solved, thank you!!

Just letting you know other items that seem maybe to not be working (in any version I used but did not mention yet)
- the oblivion cockpit has no paint so reflecting light makes it solid bright blinding white, also no blue light on the frame (the lack of paint is a major issue so cannot use)
- perch cockpit missing green graphic on floor between legs above circle knob and to the right on small tablet (very minor can use)
- the cockpit test program shows all white where items should be even with default working cockpit

edit - by changing huds away from default much of it shows in cockpit viewer but not the central targeting circle or either side of the direction gyro on the top hud the boxes showing thrust stuff visually
Miggy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Miggy »

matchbox2022 wrote:
Miggy wrote:@matchbox2022
I would really like to try your FullModPacks 7.37 & Pre-Tweaker but I can't locate a download link in the first post. There is one for your version 4.3 but I can't download that either. Am I missing something? Hope you can help! :)
Oh....don't download that version....it's alright but 7.38 is so much better and has most of the same stuff included.
It's been uploaded and ready to go.

I also super appreciate people letting me know when there's PROBLEMS. ;P

If you make your own mod I can always throw it into the pack with credits to you as enough people seem to download it these days if they have legacy.
Just be sure to test it adequately first.
7.38? Will do, downloading now, yaay! Thanks again matchbox2022. :)

UPDATE: Enjoying this, didnt install the extra missions as I still have a aways to go yet in the main game but the sounds and graphics changes are cool! O0
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

WhiteFang wrote:It finds the game every time and does not create any directories in windows/system32 anymore - so that issue is solved, thank you!!

Just letting you know other items that seem maybe to not be working (in any version I used but did not mention yet)
- the oblivion cockpit has no paint so reflecting light makes it solid bright blinding white, also no blue light on the frame (the lack of paint is a major issue so cannot use)
- perch cockpit missing green graphic on floor between legs above circle knob and to the right on small tablet (very minor can use)
- the cockpit test program shows all white where items should be even with default working cockpit

edit - by changing huds away from default much of it shows in cockpit viewer but not the central targeting circle or either side of the direction gyro on the top hud the boxes showing thrust stuff visually
Those are somewhat known issues :p, those are the other authors responsibility.... im not great at modeling. Unless someone else wants to fix it.
Ill double check the oblivion as I dont recall it being THAT bad.

Another ongoing one is the star wars ships tend to have issues with thruster and module placements. That could be fixed using a text file Shipspecs#.txt but not really worth my the time I personally have usually to try and fix it. There's a model viewer out now so at least its a lot more convenient if someone wants to fix it. Instructions are on the evochron customization kit website (google it)
Any fixed "other" mods, or your own I can repackage in it with credits. Speedy<3 really got the perch cockpit up in legacy.
Last edited by matchbox2022 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Downloaded your quests. Will try them out later today. ;)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Tried your quest, downloaded from the link to the stand-alone quest. Offhand, I'd say you're getting the idea ... but ... :o

You ask the player to construct an object at the center of sector 0,0,0 ... which (unfortunately) is the location of the Evochron Station. Ergo, not possible.

Also, you mention a batch file. Except there is no batch file included in the download (and I'm not sure how the quest engine would work along side a batch file).
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Welp. It was a quick way to circumvent the batch.
Its a pretty short quest
The batch allows for the quest to start "anywhere"
It should be in the main launcher......try looking in the extra quests menu. Selecting mine should start the script so you can start in the sector youre currently in. So jump to empty space first before activating it
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Uhmmm ... I didn't use the batch file. ??? But I tested the quest with three different profiles ... each in a different location. One in the Sierra WZ, one in Oasis ... and, yeah, one in Sapphire. I got the first message (directing me to enter Sapphire) in all of them. Which is the way the quest engine works. ;)
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

hi matchbox...ah all good then. I wanted to report in case there was some issue on my end and you said it was good to report problems but seems there isn't any so all good.

In my case I have trackir and really like the 3d cockpit that already comes with the game so would not be using that oblivion cockpit anyway (has no back).

So I have nothing more to add at this point.

Your pre-config launcher makes adding/subtracting mods a piece of cake for anyone.

Well done and thanks for your efforts, we all appreciate it :)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Marvin wrote:Tried your quest, downloaded from the link to the stand-alone quest. Offhand, I'd say you're getting the idea ... but ... :o

You ask the player to construct an object at the center of sector 0,0,0 ... which (unfortunately) is the location of the Evochron Station. Ergo, not possible.

Also, you mention a batch file. Except there is no batch file included in the download (and I'm not sure how the quest engine would work along side a batch file).
hey marvin yeah,

the quest "as written" def'n doesn't work so I might patch that if / when work quiets down.

switchero.bat is the batch in question, and needs the ModS folder from the original install extracted to the evochron main folder to activate lest you change its code.
the batch should work .."should" I didn't test it a lot.
Need to select the quests from the batch menu and then run the one I put on. It's super short though.
The batch will keep running in the background and then write up a new quest with your current sector location as the starting point.
I wanted to avoid having players jump across the quadrant to start a quest.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

The batch file can't be very long. You could probably post it here as an attachment. Come to think of it, the quest itself is only about 12 Kb and can also be posted.
kmunoz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kmunoz »

Does 7.38 work with the newest game update from September 2018?
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Yes.
However users have been reporting some launcher issues on updates which I'll be working on today and during the holiday break off and on.
There will be a version 7.4 with a fair amount of new stuff.....somehow I convinced myself to do this.
It'll be out pretty soon so you're better off waiting really.
This will very likely be the last update but the game likely isn't going to change so dramatically as to break the mods.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.5a [w/auto-scripter]

Post by matchbox2022 »

EvoTweaker updated to 7.5a!
Links live as of now, package size ~930MB.
If you get errors extracting you'll need to redownload or run WinRAR's repair archive tool and cross your fingers.
I'm surprised too.
Lots of fixes, lots of stuff.
It's awesome.
Though I'm probably a bit biased.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.5a [w/auto-scripter]

Post by Marvin »

Thanks. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.52 [w/auto-scripter]

Post by matchbox2022 »

Updated to 7.2
Some critical bug fixes dealt with
Auto Maximize launcher is now able to be turned off
Launcher debug mode added to prevent console from crashing to desktop on error
Added a tiny bit of content (sounds from EM mods)
Changed hard core mode probabilities to be 50% chance of ship emergency event if condition is met, if it does not occur is set to not try to see if it does for the remainder of a game session.

Added some riftspace soundfx (shield and warning mostly)
Tweaked jump textures.
Fixed Nebula contrast skybox issue
Added Ability to default modded cockpit type
Launcher now can directly edit cockpit scaling text file for VR setups or high FOV as well as adjusts camera clipping range.
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.55 [w/auto-scripter]

Post by Major Grubert »

Hi Matchbox and everyone,
I started to have some time to play again, so i update, and play some hours, wow the game is getting so much more nice and fluid dunno... :) fall in love again :P

As i mine a lot last times i was curious about modding the sound "clung clung clung" of the cargo bay gettin loaded but i do not find any info about the file name... i tried cargo.wav...but not...i could change the tractor.wav with no problem

I search since some days and don't want try many files names, as it can be something like clungbaycargo01.wav...lol no way..

Do you know this file name ?

I have another issue about modding but it's about background color while hyperjump, the white flash put my brain in sleep mode zzzzzzz zzzzz, i tried to hide it with the large scale map while jumpin but...it's stil flashing..lol

if you have any kind of idea :)

maybe i open another topic for my flash things, dunno

all the best space peoples ! :)

Maj. Grubert
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.55 [w/auto-scripter]

Post by Marvin »

Place the attached file into your main game folder to change the white to black.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.